Cub wants the Lamas rematch

This fight doesn't make any sense at all right now. Why would they purposely eliminate one of the fresh title contenders for Aldo when there is no need to? Plus I don't know how long Aldo is out for but I'm assuming it's not long enough for either of these guys to have time to fight each other and then go through a whole other training camp in addition to that.

This fight doesn't make any sense at all right now. Why would they purposely eliminate one of the fresh title contenders for Aldo when there is no need to? Plus I don't know how long Aldo is out for but I'm assuming it's not long enough for either of these guys to have time to fight each other and then go through a whole other training camp in addition to that.

Aldo is moving up soon so its fine besides who doesn't want to see this rematch its gonna be fireworks

Cub+Swanson+Drops+George+Roop+UFC+on+Fox+2.gif

war cub!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta go with Cub because even though he lost the first fight, he was winning the fight until he got too comfortable being on his back. He had Lamas in a couple tight guillotine chokes too.

Agreed, Cub is on a motha fuckin tear. He Ko's Lamas in the first or second round imo...

The problem with this both is that, since they both fight each other cub have fought 6 times while lamas 3

He got palm to palm arm triangled by lamas. I just can't really get over that. I'd like to see what he could do in a rematch though.

Cub has really come into his own, id love to see him avenge that loss.

Lamas is sooo overated.

Yeah he bloodied up Koch, buts its pretty apparent based on his performance against Poirier that Koch isnt the next Pettis. His supposed title shot boosted his rep unfairly.

And his other win was against Hioki, who turned out to be barely UFC calibre. He had 1 good win, against Bart who is no longer in the UFC. Lost 3 fights and barely beat Roop who is now at 135

Similar result I think. Silver took Cub down and kept him there for most of round 2, and if Lamas were in that position, it would have been way worse for Cub

Cubby's ground game isnt the best but definitely improved since his fight with Lamas

what does lamas have to gain from this fight? he wins again in similar fashion.

To be honest the fight kind of makes sense, the first fight was competitive Lamas won and continued on his win streak but Cub as been tearing up since they fought. Lamas doesn't have much to gain tough

lol, theres no way the UFC is going to force Lamas to finish/beat the same guy twice on the same streak to get a title shot (Lamas is next in line).

Cub's just angry that Edgar is tied up and that the only logical matchup for him is Mendes/Lentz winner which he wants no part of (Mendes is LITERALLY the only top fight that Cub hasn't called out since beating Siver).

Have fun waiting for the UFC to feed you to Mendes :icon_lol:

As far as I remember Cub was winning the fight prior to the submission, but I will take a second look.

I agree. I thought the same thing, and I'm pretty sure Lamas said something similar. I remember a Lamas interview where asked which fight represents him best as a fighter, and he picked the Cub fight. I don't remember the interview completely, but he said something along the lines of having a ton of emotional issues going into the fight (think a close relative passed away), was down on the score cards, but didn't let it get to him and managed to come back from adversity and get the sub.

Cub was real reckless in that fight though from what I remember and I think he's disciplined himself a lot more. Lamas is criminally underrated though. My opinion is if it stays standing Cub gets the TKO, if it hits the ground, Lamas wins via GnP.

This

Cub always comes out aggressive. Even in the Poirier fight he came out swinging.

His ground game is decent at best and like you said if it gets taken to the ground then Lamas may win.

I'd love to see Cub get beat down again.

Lamas by vicious GnP and an arm triangle to finish it up.

I suppose the fact that Cub was pretty much running away with the first fight before making a BIG mistake (Lamas rightfully won, but...) means nothing. Swanson was clearly winning the first fight.

You cant beat a guy down a second time if you didn't beat him down the first time.

Cub wins by (t)ko and sets the record straight.

Back