Cub Swanson's footwork isn't getting enough loved

I appreciate Cub's performance also but it wasn't risky. What was he risking? Cub is a very exciting fighter with very good (not great) stand up skills. He's on the other side of his career so at this point he is a potential stepping stone for fighters or an exciting fight of the night candidate. Cub could be top 10 EMF title holders. EMF (Exciting Mother F#$ckers).

Four losses in a row.. much was unknown about Kron, he had momentum and hype coming in..Cub could have taken fight that would have been more predictable...

I don’t think Cub is ready to retire , this was an important fight for him going forward..

We all have a much better understanding of Krons skill set, today. Prior to this weekend we had not seen enough of Kron to really know, that was the risk

Chael Sonnen out boxed Anderson Silva - he even dropped him.

No reasonable fan with knowledge of the sport thinks Sonnen is a more skilled striker than Silva. The threat of being taken down changes the dynamic of a fight.

Its like some of you guys still don't get the basic principle of "styles make fights."

I can't believe we still have to explain this. But yeah, you're right on the money.

Back