Cub Swanson's footwork isn't getting enough loved

blaseblah

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All the talk is about Kron and how he should've wrestled more, but Cub's footwork was a thing of beauty to watch. That's how you avoid a plodding fighter who only wants to clinch with you.

Hopefully this thread gets enough loved

Agreed, and while he was getting tagged a lot at times, his boxing looked super crisp as well.

Agreed, and while he was getting tagged a lot at times, his boxing looked super crisp as well.

It was a trade-off. He knew Kron was unlikely to hurt him so he kept his hands low to avoid the potential shot.

Cub didn’t impress me a lot, he did what he had to do. Easy to look like you have good feet when the guy you’re fighting doesn’t belong there

I appreciated Cubs performance....Kron was a risky fight for Cub...after the fact everyone talks shit..We could be here today talking about Cubs retirement...

He was getting tagged by a BJJ guy with 5 fights...

It was nice to see Cub looking good again. I thought before he was Bob Sapping some paychecks before he hung his gloves up, but he has had some tough fights lately tbf.

Kron impressed me too though, it was only his 6th fight and there's a lot of fighters he'd beat on the roster, I really hope that he sticks at it.

All the talk is about Kron and how he should've wrestled more, but Cub's footwork was a thing of beauty to watch. That's how you avoid a plodding fighter who only wants to clinch with you.

his movement in general was beautiful
one of my most favorite fighters to watch

I am more impressed with his fight IQ than his footwork TBH.

It's nice to see him actually fight to his potential for a change.

I noticed it

But also noticed Kron was doing a good impression of a downed log last night too

Cub took a hundred punches from a pure BJJ guy, I don't believe anybody could be impressed with that performance. Cub once beat Jeremy Stephens ffs, and now he has a hard time boxing with a guy on his fifth mma fight who is supposed to only have the advantage on the ground. This is mma, not bare knuckle boxing, I yelled at my screen when Cub threw absolutely zero knees in the clinch with Kron just waiting in there.

He was getting tagged by a BJJ guy with 5 fights...
Keep seeing this narrative but the reality is Kron is better in Jiu-Jitsu than Cub is at striking. Also don’t give me the whole Cub is more well rounded bs because he ain’t no grappler. I don’t care if he’s a black belt. (Shit even Junior and Rashad are black belts)

Cub took a hundred punches from a pure BJJ guy, I don't believe anybody could be impressed with that performance. Cub once beat Jeremy Stephens ffs, and now he has a hard time boxing with a guy on his fifth mma fight who is supposed to only have the advantage on the ground. This is mma, not bare knuckle boxing, I yelled at my screen when Cub threw absolutely zero knees in the clinch with Kron just waiting in there.

Chael Sonnen out boxed Anderson Silva - he even dropped him.

No reasonable fan with knowledge of the sport thinks Sonnen is a more skilled striker than Silva. The threat of being taken down changes the dynamic of a fight.

Its like some of you guys still don't get the basic principle of "styles make fights."

I appreciated Cubs performance....Kron was a risky fight for Cub...after the fact everyone talks shit..We could be here today talking about Cubs retirement...
I appreciate Cub's performance also but it wasn't risky. What was he risking? Cub is a very exciting fighter with very good (not great) stand up skills. He's on the other side of his career so at this point he is a potential stepping stone for fighters or an exciting fight of the night candidate. Cub could be top 10 EMF title holders. EMF (Exciting Mother F#$ckers).

Back