Cub Swanson Understands He’s Being Set Up as ‘Stepping Stone’ In Gracie Matchup - POST FIGHT ADDED

Just added the audience questions from the open workouts to the OP.

Added UFC Gym footage they just tweeted just now :)

giphy.gif

You don't know what top dude means? It's like great guy, one of the best, that kinda thing.
so are you a top or bottom? tough to tell. for sure one of them thou

Can someone ban this clown.

giphy.gif
honestly I think u should get banned for having a list of your favorite fighters followed by "close seconds" LOL

edit- can ur close seconds do anything to make it into that top tier list? Was whittaker in the #1 favorite list before he lost?

But he cant be a stepping stone. He's way to big of a step up for Kron.

I don't like Swanson but i think he will destroy Kron.

Congrats your boi won. Hate the way the UFC has been treating him lately. Really should've signed with bellator. Scott Coker knows how to treat fighters.. He wouldn't try use him as a stepping stone for prospects. He'd actually respect him... Also kron is a douche. Glad he lost.

Congrats your boi won. Hate the way the UFC has been treating him lately. Really should've signed with bellator. Scott Coker knows how to treat fighters.. He wouldn't try use him as a stepping stone for prospects. He'd actually respect him... Also kron is a douche. Glad he lost.

Thanks man! Waiting for all the haters to come out now but fuck it, Cub's deserved this for so long, not only for his record but like how everyone was against him because of the fact he's had a few submission losses too, I knew it meant a lot to him too and he's been so gracious throughout all of this despite being called a traitor, having gyms refusing to train him cause he's fighting a Gracie and Kron saying he wants to send those gyms some t-shirts, Cub was always respectful throughout despite that.

I don't want to hate on Kron though, he did show he was tough but SO glad he didn't use Cub as a name too after all that shit from the build up too.

And as you saw soon as the fight finished Cub went to Kron and showed his respects on the mic, really made up about that!

He's got that win back on his record now so hopefully people will credit that.

Happy for Cub and 90s Rulez. Always good to see the veteran come through over the hyped young guy, especially a humble dude like Cub.

Happy for Cub and 90s Rulez. Always good to see the veteran come through over the hyped young guy, especially a humble dude like Cub.

Yeah, thank you for that also :)

I'm really made up cause you know how it is with Cub having the losses before (not bad losses but losses either way) and then how people would have been writing him off if he had lost but it goes to show that losses don't mean anything at all because he did look good in those fights, even if he did lose I never felt he looked like he couldn't go but I'm so made up that he got that win back on his record and you could see how much it meant to him (which I knew anyway but it shows).

Plus with like I say the training issue where they were refusing him at gyms because he was fighting a Gracie and Kron saying he was a traitor and he'll throw those gyms some t-shirts, the face off and whatever else but despite all that Cub was always really respectful, just all that where the win just meant so much, it was awesome.

I don't think it looked bad for Kron either losing, I mean look at how Choi looked a million dollars after his fight with Cub too so it was all good really.

Fight of the Night too on top which is just an added bonus too, just great :)

I've added the post fight interview to the thread :)

This is exactly how much it meant to him, which I knew before hand anyway however I wanted to share.

Ever f*cker was doubting him and of course with the shit with the build and the disrespect really it just meant a lot for him to get the win, of course Cub has been nothing but gracious and respectful throughout the whole fight both before hand and after however this shows exactly how much it means to him.

That win meant a lot and so nice to see the win back on his record also :)

Back