Cub Swanson Understands He’s Being Set Up as ‘Stepping Stone’ In Gracie Matchup - POST FIGHT ADDED

I like Cub. Training under a Gracie affiliation though, it’s hard not to root for Kron. The Gracie’s have gotten pretty raw deals with the UFC over the years since Royce, so it’s nice to see them having success again.

This is an easier fight for Kron than Bruce leeRoy was. Cub 5-7 years ago would be an interesting fight for Kron.

I always liked cub too. Great boxing and fluid style

i love it when cub is the guy thats suppose to lose. thats when he's at his best.

Bloody hell lol

I always liked cub too. Great boxing and fluid style

Yeah. he's very unorthodox too which is good :)

i love it when cub is the guy thats suppose to lose. thats when he's at his best.

I'm really impressed how he hasn't let the losses get to him too much, like as he mentions in one of the interviews in the OP when he loses, like any fighter is really hurts but he knows that it's MMA and how this can happen (and usually does) to all fighters, in the gym he's out performing all the younger guys and he still has the heart so despite the losses (which haven't been bad either considering the opponents and decisions) he's still doing well and has the heart so that's good because so many fighters understandably can get discouraged but he see's every fight as a new journey and even as a veteran he's still learning all the time.

I'm also glad in regards to this too, this is the thing if fighters can still go and keep themselves in good shape and they're still holding up then there's really no reason in regards to these things either, I mean of course with Cub he's been fighting a long time so you're body can tire out and get beat up over the years however when fighters haven't been as long it's not as much of an issue so it's not really the age thing as such most of the time, it's more to do with how long you've been in the game.

He says it's just recovery sometimes that takes a little while now but that's about it.

How and when did you become such a big Cub fan, ts? Tell me your favourite Cub Swanson story/memory.

How and when did you become such a big Cub fan, ts? Tell me your favourite Cub Swanson story/memory.

Ages ago, can't remember the specific date but it's been over time too as opposed to one fight.

Of course the Choi fight is one of my favourite fights of all time.

Last edited:
MMA Junkie have also done a little breakdown if you guys fancy a watch to see what they say :)

I might as well keep them altogether in one thread :)

I'd love to see all the excuses that the Gracie clan come up with if Kron gets slept.
I don't think he'll get slept if he loses. Dude is young and doesn't have a lot of damage. And Cub doesn't really have KO power anymore does he?

That said, I am rooting for Cub.

Cub is gonna win this by TKO round 2 or 3. Gracie will come in forcing the takedown and gas himself, Cub will takeover and TKO him.

Maybe except the gassing part. Kron does that triathlete workout shit. You can see videos of him biking and running on youtube.

Why didn't Cub go seek training from josh barnett, dean lister, werdum, gordon ryan, gary tonon?! I don't get why he needed to go train at a gracie gym.

Kron is def legit on the ground but I'm having doubts about his camp with Nate and those guys. They haven't really evolved and while that boxing/cardio/bjj style works for nate and nick, it might not work for Kron.

Maybe except the gassing part. Kron does that triathlete workout shit. You can see videos of him biking and running on youtube.

Yeah, Cub was asked about his gas tank too (I think it might be in one of the videos in the OP) and he says himself he doesn't think Gracie would gas.

Seemed like he was always underappreciated and undervalued by the UFC

Underappreciated by the fans as well. He's always been a just bleed fighter and doesnt get nearly enough love for that.

Underappreciated by the fans as well. He's always been a just bleed fighter and doesnt get nearly enough love for that.

You think? I have noticed a lot of fans give him a lot of love as I expected them to knock him more due to the losing streak but he's actually been quite praised for that cause those losses are not bad losses at all.

That said he does get written off a little too much sometimes too so I know what you mean :)

Yeah I would invite him to Thanksgiving dinner

Yeah we don't have Thanksgiving in the UK so I'd just have to get him a kebab or something.

Back