Cub Swanson is jealous

Taking the Frankie fight was a huge risk and it failed.

If I were him I would have done everything in my power to get a fight with Conor while Frankie took another shot at the champ (instead of picking a fight with one of the very best guys in the division). If you're going to fight Frankie, try and do it for the title, not before.

I'd have called him out hard, shouted to the world that Conor doesn't have the guts to fight me and is looking for the easiest road to the title possible. I'd tell every reporter who'd listen that Conor wouldn't have a chance against me and knows it, I'd tell them that I also wanted an easy path, right through Conor.

If Conor ever addressed my comments publicly without accepting the fight, I'd make sure everyone knew it was because he was afraid.

jsfcrLFh3ZYZD.png

This is the UFC, you have to talk your way into the fights you need.

not entirely sure that this is a factor.

ask chael

Lol, yeah...but the question has to be there regardless. What the answer may be is something else entirely.

Most people weren't even watching MMA when their first fight went down.

I was thinking about that too but wouldn't it come to be common knowledge once the UFC started promoting a 2nd fight between the two?

Taking the Frankie fight was a huge risk and it failed.

If I were him I would have done everything in my power to get a fight with Conor while Frankie took another shot at the champ (instead of picking a fight with one of the very best guys in the division). If you're going to fight Frankie, try and do it for the title, not before.

I'd have called him out hard, shouted to the world that Conor doesn't have the guts to fight me and is looking for the easiest road to the title possible. I'd tell every reporter who'd listen that Conor wouldn't have a chance against me and knows it, I'd tell them that I also wanted an easy path, right through Conor.

If Conor ever addressed my comments publicly without accepting the fight, I'd make sure everyone knew it was because he was afraid.

This is the UFC, you have to talk your way into the fights you need.

Cub wanted to wait on the title originally and the UFC wanted him to fight Frankie and I guess he decided might as well take the payday as he will have to fight Frankie at some point anyway because sitting out wouldn't earn him any money or favors with the UFC. The UFC put him in a no-win situation when he already had earned the shot.

The question I have is why the UFC didn't match Conor against the loser of Edgar/Swanson and instead are giving him a mediocre aging fighter with no power that wasn't that good when he was on steroids. The siver fight makes zero sense. I know everybody has to grab a mic and put on their clown suit to be successful these days and some fighters are not comfortable with it but this fight should have happened regardless IMO.

I was thinking about that too but wouldn't it come to be common knowledge once the UFC started promoting a 2nd fight between the two?
Sure, but it's different when people have actually seen a KO happen.

Even people who were fans of MMA probably didn't watch that fight simply because WEC 41 wasn't a hugely watched card.

I mean, if you asked people who MTB was, chances are they'd have no idea. And he headlined that card.

I see where hes coming from. The big problem for him is that he got wrecked by Aldo and selling a 2nd fight wouldve been tough. Therefore no push from Uncle Dana.

I will never understand why people think an 8 second fight 5 years ago means anything. We didn't learn almost anything about the style match up. You really think Aldo is going to do that again?

Well said. It sucks that merit alone isn't enough but in the end this shit is entertainment.

Hard work, talent, luck...they're all required to get to the top, but as you said, entertainment is what sells tickets.

Fertitta's, businessmen, were about to pull the plug on the UFC when it wasn't making money in the early days...so they know that it's a business first and competition second

In other words, train hard, be smart, and make people really hate you or really like you so you make money for the Fertittas...or else, you're not going to get top billing unless you're an Aldo, Silva. Just look at what Shael did with his mouth...got a Jones fight for mucho dinero

he has every right to be upset. The man has had several top ranked wins, and was promised several title eliminators, yet nothing came of it. Instead, he had to face Edgar, probably the best FW other than Aldo and Mendes.

he has every right to be upset. The man has had several top ranked wins, and was promised several title eliminators, yet nothing came of it. Instead, he had to face Edgar, probably the best FW other than Aldo and Mendes.

He could have campaigned harder for a title shot, sat and waited, or simply won his fight.

Well Cub, if you want more media attention maybe you should do something to get some media attention. Poor guy doesn't understand the other side of this game.

"In this game, people get confused. People forget about the art and focus on the game, and then there's people that focus on the game and forget about the art. There's that specific, special individual that can do both, and when that door shuts, you are looking at that specific individual." - Conor McGregor

Cub said he doesn't beg for titleshots. Well maybe he should have. He would have had a good chance against Aldo since he don't wrestle.

If he hadn't already lost to Aldo then he would have gotten the shot. It's about the $$ and selling the fight. Conor would have gotten mauled by Edgar too.

Well Cub, if you want more media attention maybe you should do something to get some media attention. Poor guy doesn't understand the other side of this game.

"In this game, people get confused. People forget about the art and focus on the game, and then there's people that focus on the game and forget about the art. There's that specific, special individual that can do both, and when that door shuts, you are looking at that specific individual." - Conor McGregor
Running your mouth is now an "art"?

The only thing sadder than someone saying that is someone else quoting it. And you do realize he said the exact same thing just in a different order right? lol, Conor fans (some of them anyway) are just a little too desperate for someone to look up to.

Last edited:
Cub's problem is he lost in such a devastating fashion the 1st time out that it's hard for him to make the kind of claims that Connor is.

People agree he deserved a title shot. But with McG, people are genuinely calling for it. There's a difference

Maybe Cub should have received the media push after getting knocked out in 8 seconds by Aldo. Or Maybe when he lost to Mendes. Or maybe when he was choked out by Lamas. Or maybe when he was submitted by Edgar.

Let's see. Cub has lost to the champion and the top 3 contenders. Yeah. He doesn't really have a place to talk regarding being in title contention.

Can't be mad at Conor it is the fanbase, a lot of fans of MMA are former WWE fans and they enjoy personalities like Conor and Chael

I guess if he wins impressively over Siver though the Aldo fight is big, Conor is hard to like because of his personality and the things he says sometimes but he is having lots of success, hard to hate on that

Running your mouth is now an "art"?

The only thing sadder than someone saying that is someone else quoting it. And you do realize he said the exact same thing just in a different order right? lol, the only people more confused than Conor are some of his fans!

Conor is acknowledging that having a personality will help you in the UFC. Apparently this reality angers you, but it is reality nonetheless.

Questions:
1. Why are you upset over Conor saying that the game has two sides and then taking advantage of this knowledge by "running his mouth"? (When it does indeed have two sides, the fighting part, and the promotion part. I bet if you got paid more to run your mouth you would do it, seeing as how you're running your mouth right now for free.)

2. What are you talking about when you say this: "And you do realize he said the exact same thing just in a different order right?" If you're referring to this "People forget about the art and focus on the game, and then there's people that focus on the game and forget about the art." then he's making perfect sense. He's saying some people focus on the fighting and forget the promotion, and vice versa.

Conor is smart for realizing how this game works and he's smart for saying it. So what in the fuck is your problem exactly? And why are you saying it's sad for me to post this?

It's 10x more sad how much time you spend on this Forum but we won't go there lol, but I'm sure the same illogical thinking that leads you to spend so much time here, also leads you to criticize me and my post the way you did.

Back