Cub Swanson: "If I Win This Fight (with Siver), I'm Getting a Title Shot."

Sure why not, it's not like title shots are earned anymore.

I don't remember a point in the UFC where all the title shots were "earned" to the standards of people on here.

Randy got a HW title shot after coming out of retirement
Eilers got a HW title shot after losing to Buentello
Anderson got a MW title shot after 1 UFC win over Leben
BJ got his WW shot in his UFC WW debut
Bustamante got his MW shot after beating only Yoji Anjo(zero wins) in the UFC and right after a loss to Liddell

There's a lot more too.

But to stay on topic, the Koch vs. Lamas winner probably deserves it the most with KZ really close behind.

Why? He gonna tear his ACL really bad and be forced to give up his belt?

While a strong possibility due to Mr. Aldo's tendency to get injured, you know dang well what I;m referring to. Frankie Edgar's going to take the strap from him, via unanimous decision.

He deserves it if he beats Siver impressively, but the division is backlogged so he'll probably need one more win unless somebody gets injured and he gets to step in.

I still question Cub. Didn't Lamas arm triangle him? He was winning that fight too.

I still can't believe a guy as good as Hioki who beat Marlon Sandro lost to Lamas. Either he choked in that fight or Lamas just got that good. Sad loss for Hioki.. :(

JMMA fans...

I guess he's not superstitious because it seems a lot of guys in line to fight Aldo either get hurt or lose their next fight. Josh Grispi, Koch, Poirier, KZ . . . seems something always happens. And I wanted to see all those fights. Of course, Aldo getting injured also messed things up.

Anyway, Koch, if he wins, gets a shot after Edgar then we just have to see who is left standing.

Should fight Mendes if he beats Siver.

Mendes is getting another squash match. He's fighting Gamburyan at UFC 157.

I guess a title eliminator fight between the winners of those two fights would work, but I'm not sure of the timing. The Koch/Lamas winner will probably get the title shot, especially if it's Koch who was already scheduled to fight Aldo and got that opportunity taken away from him.

Then there's KZ. I'm not sure if they're going to have him leapfrog the winner of Koch/Lamas or give him another fight. If they are giving him another fight, who is it going to be against? All of the contenders are tied up now in other fights. Winner of Guida/Hioki or Elkins are the only options I can think of, and both of them are kind of a step down from his last win.

While a strong possibility due to Mr. Aldo's tendency to get injured, you know dang well what I;m referring to. Frankie Edgar's going to take the strap from him, via unanimous decision.

Well yeah but I had to make a joke about it.

But anyway Aldo KO in the 1st. He'll do what Maynard couldn't. :)

Should fight Mendes if he beats Siver.

We've already seen that. No thanks.

He needs to start talking more shit on Twitter if he wants that title shot.

Cub is cool but unfortunately it is hard for fight fans to erase Aldo's double fly knee to face. Cub should float in the top 10 and wait to see if KZ or Edgar can dethrone Aldo for a different matchup than Aldo.

He needs to start talking more shit on Twitter if he wants that title shot.

Who got a title shot from shit talking on Twitter?

GSP is the one that asked for the Diaz fight.

Chael decided to step in to fight Jones because Hendo pulled out last minute. I guess Vitor talked a ton of shit to get his fight with Jones huh?

This recent Chael fight is more about the backlash Jones received from not accepting the short notice fight with Chael than it is about Chael talking his way into a title shot.

Didnt cub just lose 4 in a row a few fights ago? I am not sure why he thinks he can get a title shot after his un-consistant fights.

Now I love to watch him fight, for sure. Always brings it.

Back