Cub Swanson: "If I Win This Fight (with Siver), I'm Getting a Title Shot."

Aldo_GIF_Swanson_1.gif

Everybody knows Edgar is getting an immediate rematch anyway.

But after KZ, this could be above Koch and Lamas.

face-to-knee style.
aldo dodged a bullet there. his knee couldve exploded.

Harcan Dias, KZ, Lamas, Koch, Mendes, Swanson, and Poirier are all real good. I think Swanson should fight the winner of Lamas/Koch to figure out the real top contender. Mendes needs 3-4 more wins against much tougher competition to get a rematch. Poirier lost to KZ. Koch was going to get a title shot but was injured and now is fighting Lamas. Lamas lost to Alcantara. Harcan Dias needs a fight. When he is healed up i think a fight with KZ, Poirier, or Mendes would be in order.

I think Harcan Dias could defeat everyone listed above by superior grappling with good striking.

I still question Cub. Didn't Lamas arm triangle him? He was winning that fight too.

I still can't believe a guy as good as Hioki who beat Marlon Sandro lost to Lamas. Either he choked in that fight or Lamas just got that good. Sad loss for Hioki.. :(

maybe it was jetlag. he dominated bartimus right before that too.

Contenders

1. Korean Zombie
2. Koch/Lamas winner
3. Mendes/Swanson

Koch/Lamas winner should be closer to a shot IMO.

Should be Edgar/Aldo vs. Koch/Lamas and Siver/Swanson vs. KZ.

Winner of Koch/Lamas should get the next shot. Then after that have the winner of Swanson/Siver fight KZ for the next #1 contender.

How marketable is a rematch title fight when the first fight ended in 7 seconds to a double flying knee?

Harcan Dias, KZ, Lamas, Koch, Mendes, Swanson, and Poirier are all real good. I think Swanson should fight the winner of Lamas/Koch to figure out the real top contender. Mendes needs 3-4 more wins against much tougher competition to get a rematch. Poirier lost to KZ. Koch was going to get a title shot but was injured and now is fighting Lamas. Lamas lost to Alcantara. Harcan Dias needs a fight. When he is healed up i think a fight with KZ, Poirier, or Mendes would be in order.

I think Harcan Dias could defeat everyone listed above by superior grappling with good striking.

Lamas beat Cub like a year ago. We don't need Aldo sitting around forever again, just waiting to get hurt. Winner of Koch/Lamas should get next shot.

God that fight made me so mad. Cub wins the first round, doing pretty damn good. THEN HELLO MEGA BRAIN FART CITY!!!

6 seconds* lol

*8 respectable seconds

Last edited:
I wouldn't have been against him getting a title shot after his last fight, stopping Pearson and da Bronx is a big deal

How marketable is a rematch title fight when the first fight ended in 7 seconds to a double flying knee?
It's more marketable than getting dominated for 3/5 rounds. You can at least play up the fluke angle with a quick knockout i.e. Penn/Uno 2.

Back