Cub Swanson: "If I Win This Fight (with Siver), I'm Getting a Title Shot."

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Cub-Swanson-446x300.jpg

"I feel I'm Top 5 just based on my performance, but I feel like this fight is the real No. 1 contender fight," Swanson recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "Me and him pose a bigger threat to Aldo if he keeps the belt. That's where my mind is – if I win this fight, I'm getting a title shot. I don't care where they rank me, because I'm barely breaking Top 10 to those people, so I don't pay attention."

Read the rest of the article here: http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/...son-fight-with-siver-true-no-1-contender-bout

And the talk comes right back to how you earn your title shots.

Last edited:
Sure why not, it's not like title shots are earned anymore.

Love ya Cub but Koch vs. Lamas is the real #1 contender fight.

Agree with him that he is under rated, but that isn't the #1 contender fight. KZ is hurt but he is probably the #1 contender. Koch and Lamas are both legit contenders, so I am ok with the winner there getting a shot. Your time will come Cub, and after what happened last time....

Agree with him that he is under rated, but that isn't the #1 contender fight. KZ is hurt but he is probably the #1 contender. Koch and Lamas are both legit contenders, so I am ok with the winner there getting a shot. Your time will come Cub, and after what happened last time....

I agree. I think Cub is 2 wins away from a title shot. He has looked really good lately though.

I still question Cub. Didn't Lamas arm triangle him? He was winning that fight too.

I still can't believe a guy as good as Hioki who beat Marlon Sandro lost to Lamas. Either he choked in that fight or Lamas just got that good. Sad loss for Hioki.. :(

And here I thought Joe Silva was the one to come up with those decisions. Good to know Cub!!

well i think he would do better than his last fight against aldo.
if frankie wins still no.

why is cub whining already?
yea he's been performing well but there are people who are still on top of him.
if anything lamas should get the title shot first because he beat cub just a year ago.
koch already had the titleshot before he got injured.
i dont even know if beating siver puts him on top of the contenders because siver himself has not beaten anyone significant in the fw.
plus, i think the ufc is doing everything in their power to give the next titleshot to kz (making the top10 guys fight each other, keeps on feeding cans to mendes).

I think he should fight kz or mendes after this

He's gonna lose again IMO. One thing for sure, he can't do any worse than the first time he fought Aldo

He probably isn't beating Siver anyway.

Back