Cub Swanson Calls Ricardo Lamas "Scared To Face Him".

Buddy, do the math. It was in 2011. We're at the tail end of 2013. Lots of things change in a couple of years, Cub has improved a ton over the past couple of years.
I did the math. It's still less than two years ago.

Buddy, do the math. It was in 2011. We're at the tail end of 2013. Lots of things change in a couple of years, Cub has improved a ton over the past couple of years.

Lamas hasn't lost since then. He is still on that same win streak, a win streak that cub is already a part of. Do you want Lamas to beat the same contenders twice in onc streak in order to get a title shot?

I did the math. It's still less than two years ago.

LOL, less than a couple months shy of 2 years. BFD.

Cub has been going to war since then against tough competition and is back up near the top. I would love to see them fight again.

Make it this way:

Aldo vs Lamas for the title
Mendes vs Lentz
Swason vs Korean Zombie - FOTY potential
Poirier vs Siver
Koch vs Guida

Make it this way:

Aldo vs Lamas for the title
Mendes vs Lentz
Swason vs Korean Zombie - FOTY potential
Poirier vs Siver
Koch vs Guida

Korean Zombie has been sidelined for over a year and Koch moved up to lightweight. As for Poirier vs. Siver, the UFC rarely matched fighters coming off of wins with fighters coming off of loses.

Lamas hasn't lost since then. He is still on that same win streak, a win streak that cub is already a part of. Do you want Lamas to beat the same contenders twice in onc streak in order to get a title shot?

Never said anything about Lamas not being deserving of a title shot. Just wouldn't mind seeing these two fight again. If it's after the title shot, cool.

Didn't Lamas already submit him? lol

Calm down Cub, your best win is Siver.

Korean Zombie has been sidelined for over a year and Koch moved up to lightweight. As for Poirier vs. Siver, the UFC rarely matched fighters coming off of wins with fighters coming off of loses.

Thanks for the info about Koch. I just want to avoid rematches. Swanson vs Aldo/Poirier/Mendes/Lamas/Siver happened and had decisive endings. Cub has fought everybody and it's hard to find him a good match-up other than KZ.

Go search for both winning streaks, Lamas has fought no one but Koch, and loss by ko with alcantara who's a bantamwieght, while Cub is on a 6 fights winning streak with last 3 losses under top 3 fighters Aldo, Mendes and Lamas. So i belive he does deserves a rematch, is much easier to be on a winning streak if he fights once a yeas

lamascub.gif

That should be moved to the first post by a mod.

Go search for both winning streaks, Lamas has fought no one but Koch, and loss by ko with alcantara who's a bantamwieght, while Cub is on a 6 fights winning streak with last 3 losses under top 3 fighters Aldo, Mendes and Lamas. So i belive he does deserves a rematch, is much easier to be on a winning streak if he fights once a yeas
Uh, Hioki is a higher ranked fighter than anybody Cub has ever fought at the time they fought them. And Cub is part of Lamas' win streak as well. You don't just get to conveniently leave it out.

aldo vs lamas should happen. lamas shouldnt fall for that bait lol

Uh, Hioki is a higher ranked fighter than anybody Cub has ever fought at the time they fought them. And Cub is part of Lamas' win streak as well. You don't just get to conveniently leave it out.

Lol, I laughed when he left Cub out of Lamas' streak, but then put the caveat of Cub only losing to 'top fighters'.

lamas has earned his shot there is no reason to fight someone who he has already beaten swanson was finished and is apart of lamas winning streak

Back