Media Cub Swanson and Beneil Dariush pick their top 5 UFC win streaks. What would yours be?

This has gotten into the GOAT debate real quick. Here are the streaks that stand out to me.

1. Fedor: Undefeated for a decade.
2. Anderson Silva: His run of title defenses while moving up in weight during that stretch was insane.
3. Mighty Mouse: I still think he should be on the streak, but what he accomplished has ear marked him as the GOAT for that division.
4. Khabib: What can I say? The guy is almost unstoppable.
5. Diego Sanchez: I still remember how he steamrolled everyone to a 19-0 record. I still remember Kos holding up his finger to poke fun that he handed him his first defeat.

1)GSP - Best Comp besides possibly Jones and he didn't have to cheat
2)Jones - Could finish #1, time will tell
3)Silva - 16 is stupid, if only the comp was just a little stiffer
4)Khabib - 12-0 with 28 overall, He could also finish #1 but time will tell
5)Tony - could leapfrog Khabib and another time will tell scenario

Really good and I like your reasoning too :)

This has gotten into the GOAT debate real quick. Here are the streaks that stand out to me.

1. Fedor: Undefeated for a decade.
2. Anderson Silva: His run of title defenses while moving up in weight during that stretch was insane.
3. Mighty Mouse: I still think he should be on the streak, but what he accomplished has ear marked him as the GOAT for that division.
4. Khabib: What can I say? The guy is almost unstoppable.
5. Diego Sanchez: I still remember how he steamrolled everyone to a 19-0 record. I still remember Kos holding up his finger to poke fun that he handed him his first defeat.

Ain't it lol People should just do the list to what's right for them from this perspective but yeah :)

Anyway, I like yours too, nice touch with Sanchez there also as he's not been mentioned as of yet but yeah :)

Not going to make a list but it's all long reigning champs with high amount of title defenses.

Large win streaks leading to the title are respectable but long streak of defenses are something special and rare.

JDS had a pretty bad ass run in a division where going on a win streak doesn't come easily

Back