CSI MMA Gloves

TheDave@ANMA

White Belt
Reaction score
First, these gloves are very well made and of a very high quality. I have used them a bit now and must say that I am very happy with them.

However, the cost was something like 80 dollars and I spent close to 50 dollars on shipping? What the hell is that all about? It doesn't cost that much to send 20oz across the border into Canada and I think, now that I've seen the credit card bill that the shipping cost should be shown when ordering anything from this company. Suffice to say I am happy with the product but very unsatisfied with the ridiculous amount of shipping cost.

TheDave

I didn't even get a quote on the shipping nor did I get an option. I order from Ironmind all the time and they don't charge half that much for stuff weighing way more.

What gives?

TheDave@ANMA said:
First, these gloves are very well made and of a very high quality. I have used them a bit now and must say that I am very happy with them.

However, the cost was something like 80 dollars and I spent close to 50 dollars on shipping? What the hell is that all about? It doesn't cost that much to send 20oz across the border into Canada and I think, now that I've seen the credit card bill that the shipping cost should be shown when ordering anything from this company. Suffice to say I am happy with the product but very unsatisfied with the ridiculous amount of shipping cost.

TheDave

Dave,

You probably paid for UPS shipping. I don't know if you made your order through the internet or called it in, if you made the order by internet the international rep should have contacted you about your 2 shipping options that you have. I apologize if you were not contacted, that is not something that is done regularly here.

The first option and most common ( probably what you got ) is UPS ground. If you check your invoice in the bottom right hand corner there should be a shipping code that reads CAE.
That is regular ground shipping, it has a 3-4 day delivery time and includes your shipping, DUTIES AND TAXES. That is normally why the shipping is so high. But you do not have to pay any extra when it gets to your door.

Your 2nd option is First Class mail. Not very popular because of its long delivery time of 7-10 business days, we can not track the order, and if it gets lost it can take a few months to find it. Also you would have to pay your duties and your taxes upon delivery. (Which would equal out to what you paid for UPS.)

I hope this clears it up, I wish you would have contacted me personally that way I could of taken care of your order personally. Shoot me the order number and I will take care of you.

Thanks Dave,

The main killer for me about this company is they dont even try to get around duty. I was contacted by Loretta and she gave me this info..
Your shipping options are as follows;
Airmail
1-2 weeks
$33.50
61.14 duties and taxes
total =

UPS
4-5 days
$56.22
61.14 duties and taxes
total = $117.36

On a $256.75 Bill... almost 50% more just for shipping and duty. No discount or nothing ... :p

I couldnt justify it so i went with another company.

I even sent the info to CSI of how to get around duty of just boxing the product and saying it is only worth $55. But they didnt reply. All about the $$$$$$ i guess.. :icon_evil

TheDave@ANMA said:

TheDave

Hmmmm, duties/taxes suck for Canadians.

but on the other hand it's 60 US Shipping cost from the pridefc american site, no matter where internationally. so you could buy a 20 dollar shirt, paying 3x the shipping, ridiculous.

~Foz

Fozzy said:
Hmmmm, duties/taxes suck for Canadians.

but on the other hand it's 60 US Shipping cost from the pridefc american site, no matter where internationally. so you could buy a 20 dollar shirt, paying 3x the shipping, ridiculous.

~Foz

I have seen some guys... they buy 1 shirt, get it reproduced and give it to all there friends.. I guess that makes it worth it. :icon_twis

Back