CSAC let HIV+ fighter compete on Glory 52

I don't believe their is a treatment that prevents HIV from being contagious...

FAST FACTS
  • A person living with HIV is considered to have an ‘undetectable’ viral load when antiretroviral treatment has brought the level of virus in their body to such low levels that blood tests cannot detect it.
  • There is no risk of passing on HIV if your doctor has confirmed that you are undetectable (or virally suppressed), you continue taking your treatment and attend regular viral load monitoring appointments. Undetectable = Untransmittable.
  • Being undetectable isn’t a constant state and if you stop taking your medication then your viral load will go back up again.
https://www.avert.org/living-with-hiv/antiretroviral-treatment/what-does-undetectable-mean

giphy.gif

By treatment, you mena the CSAC would check viral loads before allowign the fight? Do we even know what viral loads are low enough to compete?
If a fighter has HIV, technically under the unified rules I believe they are disqualified if adhered to(i could be wrong on that), it's not like this is a new thing, labs have specifically been looking into this and doing testing for around 30 years on this subject and there's not one documented case of transmission through sport.

That said, yes, I would assume that'd be a requirement of the CSAC to approve a fighter and yes, there's enough research to tell which loads are undetectable. In addition, I believe the CSAC and NAC consider a fighters blood test valid for 1 year. So, a fighter who passed their blood test, could contract HIV a month after passing and fight for a year without being tested again for HIV. That could could be 2-3 fights without the fighter knowing.

I remember something like this happening before, a fighter got HIV, got treatment so they had undetectable levels, then competed and it became a controversy. Im thinking it was a boxer in the 90s but not sure.

I remember something like this happening before, a fighter got HIV, got treatment so they had undetectable levels, then competed and it became a controversy. Im thinking it was a boxer in the 90s but not sure.

I think you are talking about Tommy Morrison.
Tested positve in the 90's. Claimed that it were false positives in the 00's and fought once or twice.
Died a few years ago, suffering from full blown aids.
He also had a wife.... Just saying.

Last edited:
You guys are getting out of topic. We want to know if Pavel is gay or not
No one was accusing him of being gay. I simply suggested that he could have been the fighter who tested hiv positive due to the fact that he was one of the few fighters who this ref was in contact with. Glory’s bizarre handling of him seemed suspect so I simply posed the question, could he have been flagged? Not long after I find us all bombarded by Brodcast’s slander and suggestions that it had to be an American since we apparently hold exclusive rights to gay people and society’s filthy drags. I only back peddled because of Brodcast’s decision to interperate my suggestion as an accusation of Pavel’s sexuality which I couldn’t care less about. I don’t have anything against Brodast dispite his inflammatory suggestions but this is ridiculous and I don’t see any of this as something to jape about.

We will talk in years, in my opinion it"s a matter of choosing. I"ve met some gays and most of them now are choosing when they are life disappointed. Don"t you see sexual perversion is also increasing? This is not love, because most of them can"t love a single woman. Knowing Pavel, now I believe he"s even homophobic even though he has psychologist wife. What, the human race didn"t make mistakes? Can we strongly appreciate you are born gay? And even if it would be true, can"t be condemned the sexual perversion on the streets in front of the children? Even in front of us? Some abnormal things are seen like normal now. One is the gay parade for example, please admit people, and traveling a lot to the UK I"m seeing in the week-ends same scenes but more inflicted by the alcohol (and I suppose it"s also the same in California). So who is running this world? The lower class or the intellectuals? Are we mocked by the gaol-birds nowadays? And the slaves of the LGBTQ are normal people?
Are you concerned that gay dudes are going to blow each other in the streets in front of your children, or do you not want to see two guys holding hands in front of your children in the streets? The former is most likely never going to happen and would be just as much of a perversion had it been straight people, and the later isn't perversion at all. I live 30 mins north of San Francisco that has the biggest gay pride parade ever, and I've never been subjected to any perversion because I've never gone to it. It's pretty easy to avoid those scenes, and obviously perversions aren't an orientation exclusive endeavor.

Are you concerned that gay dudes are going to blow each other in the streets in front of your children, or do you not want to see two guys holding hands in front of your children in the streets? The former is most likely never going to happen and would be just as much of a perversion had it been straight people, and the later isn't perversion at all. I live 30 mins north of San Francisco that has the biggest gay pride parade ever, and I've never been subjected to any perversion because I've never gone to it. It's pretty easy to avoid those scenes, and obviously perversions aren't an orientation exclusive endeavor.

Broadcast is afraid that if he sees a gay couple kissing or holding hands him and his children might turn gay on the spot.

Broadcast is afraid that if he sees a gay couple kissing or holding hands him and his children might turn gay on the spot.
I mean, he does have a hard on for Romanian fighters already...

Back