UFC Sacramento (July 13) is CSAC event, GUESS THE FIGHT NIGHT WEIGHTS (if you're man enough)

let's take a shot, despite my being total ass at estimating any quantities

Word on the street was you have pretty big balls, now we know for sure.

<mma4>

What date did they start publicizing this? I know they were taking the info for medical info for a bit before they started releasing it

The first event the new regs covered was UFC-214 in July 2017 but I don't think they publicized the weights for that one, just reported on Drew Dober coming in more than 18% above his weight class.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/...reaking-package-of-weight-cutting-regulations
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/7/...than-18-percent-above-weight-class-at-ufc-214

The first one I remember all weights being reported was the TJ vs Cody, DJ vs Cejudo card, when we learned 135er Cody and 125er DJ were both 142 on fight night.

Still time for any of you who have the cajones to get your numbers in.

Still time for any of you who have the cajones to get your numbers in.

When does the csac usually release the weights? the following monday?

When does the csac usually release the weights? the following monday?

Yeah, the Monday as far as I can tell, so anyone else who still wants to get some numbers in should feel free to take a punt.

Some of the numbers are FINALLY starting to come out for this due to the suspensions ...

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/27357944/california-suspends-ladd-bantamweight-license

159.0 Ladd
166.8 Bektic
167.4 Elkins
170.2 Moraes

No solid idea why it's taken so much longer than other recent CSAC events but John Morgan was apparently saying Andy Foster's policy on publicizing them isn't something written in stone and is kind of at his whim.

Raimondi was hinting that he may publish the rest of the figures himself on Monday, so ... fingers crossed.

@Wizzlebiz @Joshuaace @Pascal Bergeron @Kaffebaggel @fortheo @Mohawk Banditó

Some of the numbers are FINALLY starting to come out for this due to the suspensions ...

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/27357944/california-suspends-ladd-bantamweight-license

159.0 Ladd
166.8 Bektic
167.4 Elkins
170.2 Moraes

No solid idea why it's taken so much longer than other recent CSAC events but John Morgan was apparently saying Andy Foster's policy on publicizing them isn't something written in stone and is kind of at his whim.

Raimondi was hinting that he may publish the rest of the figures himself on Monday, so ... fingers crossed.

Why are they not publicing the weights like they've done before?

These folks are doing way to much. Its sad.

Latifi 220 volkan 215
Cyril gane 280 im sure about this one.
Perry 190 luque 187

Last edited:
Credit to @Rizz for tracking down the info, we finally have numbers for everyone.

My impressions on the fighter weights:
<Steiner01>

Send Ladd to featherweight and have her fight Felicia Spencer.

Wow, I was way off on a lot of these. I was even like, breaking down the average ranges for all reported cali events before. It didn't help at all.

Something I didn't figure, but seems obvious now: Ryan Hall was 156 for his 155 fight. So for his 145 fight, I figured I'd take off a few pounds, but he came in 157. So fuck, idk. Nearly 70 pounds off overall

What date did they start publicizing this? I know they were taking the info for medical info for a bit before they started releasing it
For a while now. I think back in to 2017 they proposed all the rule changes. I don't know what the first UFC event for which fight night weights were reported.

Costa-Romero should be interesting for fight night weights.

For a while now. I think back in to 2017 they proposed all the rule changes. I don't know what the first UFC event for which fight night weights were reported.

Costa-Romero should be interesting for fight night weights.
I picked a bad day to bump this. I forgot tonights event is california too. I just saw some guy was a catchweight and my mind went on the hamsterwheel for weights and I remembered this contest for the GDR-Ladd card.

Speakin of, @Rum how is the winner determined? Is it lowest total weight differential? Cuz I was doin some quick drunk math, and I think I didn't do as poorly as I thought I did.

I picked a bad day to bump this. I forgot tonights event is california too. I just saw some guy was a catchweight and my mind went on the hamsterwheel for weights and I remembered this contest for the GDR-Ladd card.

Speakin of, @Rum how is the winner determined? Is it lowest total weight differential? Cuz I was doin some quick drunk math, and I think I didn't do as poorly as I thought I did.

Lowest total weight differential makes the most sense I reckon. I've been flat out last week but here's a rough bunch of numbers ... unless I cocked up the code (anything's possible) then looking at the TOTALS column at bottom right it seems like you just pipped @fortheo for 1st place on this one.

Fight-Night-Weights190713-DATAFRAMES1.jpg

Why are they not publicing the weights like they've done before?

Not sure why these ones took longer to come out than the two previous CSAC events, as far as I know John Morgan and Marc Raimondi were on the case but I guess they had bigger stories which took precedence and Aaron Bronsteter seems to be the first dude to finally got them out to the world earlier this week.

WMMA is my weak point. I just suck at guessing their weight.

@Mohawk Banditó beat me by .8lbs, but I'll be back.

This plot shows we generally underestimated the weights for the fighters on this card.
  • Cesar Ferreira was quite a bit smaller than most of us expected
  • GDR and Pena were slightly smaller than most of us expected
  • Hall and Fili were slightly bigger than most of us expected
  • Everyone else was quite a bit bigger than most of us expected
  • Vettori in particular is a much bigger guy than we expected ... Joshuaace at 9 under Vettori's event weight was the closest, the rest of us were even further under
  • We pretty much nailed it for Ricky Simon
  • That madman Kaffebagel with his maverick approach was somehow the most accurate for both Josh Emmett and Sheymon Moraes
Fight-Night-Weight-Estimate-Diffs-UCLadd-Vs-GDR.png

Back