Crypto Megathread V6 - Ground Control to Major Doge

Status
Not open for further replies.
China talked about a digital China Yuan. It was brought up by the US an 'China" stated that they are not seeking the Yuan becoming the world currency. Yeah that means they want it to dominate.

I'm getting some red flags about doge day...
Binance has suddenly given a message notice that 'spot trading upgrade due 20th April'. This tells me they are trying to curtail mega trading in anticipation of doge surge after what happened a few days ago and might place limitations. They claim trading will only be down for approx 2 hours but don't know.

The other thing that sometimes happens is exchanges decide to suddenly put coins on 'maintenance' in times of high volatility to prevent losses by stopping all trading of that coin.
So remember that even if doge surges it's the prerogative of the exchange to let you trade it.
I have another big hedge on doge right now so moving some of it off of binance after seeing that notice their giving.

Holding a bag of Doge is never a bad thing today, tomorrow, 4/20, or years down the road. We hold enough in “serious projects” the “real coins” if you may. Fundamentally/logically speaking AGI, API3, HBAR just to name a few should be killing it. They’re not and haven’t been. They may one day and I think they will so I hold but like I said whaf moves Crypto is the people and the hype they generate.

Everybody including me is hoping Doge to hit $1. Aside from another milestone and a nice goal number it’s just another number. My original plan was to take some profit if and when it does hit $1 but I know 90% of holders are eyeing to do the same. Because of that....

I’ve reassessed my strategy. If it hits .80 or so which won’t won’t be long imo I might take a little profit then instead of waiting for the magic $1 when masses will sell cause they reached “their goal number”. If everybody tries to sell at the same time exchanges are going to crash and when they are able to sell it may have dipped way below $1. I’m expecting it to tank big time. That’s when I will swoop in and buy more and keep holding. Yes, buy more and keep holding. I’ve been a Doge believer since it was my first coin and Gateway to the whole crypto world and our circle here. I’ve been there for every milestone and deep dip and months of not moving past 5 cents. Call me crazy but this will be a $5 coin in 2-3 years. If I told you guys 1 month ago that Doge would be more than double of what VET is which it was earlier this week you guys would’ve called me fucking crazy. It was though. It’s consistently outperformed every coin in the top 20 by leaps and bounds. Doge is an established coin been around 8 years almost and this year its up 15.7k% VET which has been killing it is up 6.2k%. My point? Leave a moon bag if and when it reaches your level out figure. Don’t sell it all. Having a nice VET stack is great which I have a decent amount but I’m buying more Doge and will continue to hold long term as well. The longer I’m in crypto the more I realize this is a popularity contest and the people control what ultimately moves. Doge popularity grows everyday and with the massive loyal following it has... it’s impossible to fail. During yesterday’s scare 99.9999 % of all coins were red. Deep red even except for guess who? Doge.

TLDR keep neglecting Doge... at your own peril.

I do like your idea of selling before $1 , then waiting for the inevitable dip, buying again and waiting. I'm even thinking of selling some at like .65 b/c I hear groups thinking it's funny to get it to .69 on 4/20. And then $4.20 on 6/9. I do agree there will be mass sell offs at $1. I dont' know about $5 in 2-3 years but I think we can all expect some sort of massive dip this week. Whether it jumps to $1 and falls to .35 or whether it jumps to .70 and drops to .20, I have no idea.

The best part about all this meme and publicity is the support it's going to get. Tons of people buying in at .35, .55, .75 and higher who don't want to sell for a loss. Even if the stock dips they'll either hold it hoping it goes up again, or they'll double down to lower their average cost. We'll have a lot of people holding coins they got at more than .50, which is good for those of us already in DOGE.

Regarding DOGE 4/20 day. I hear some people trying to equate it to GameStop. Now I understand the concept of "sticking it to the man" or "the power of the Internet" type stuff.

However from my understanding, there is a MASSIVE difference between the 2 . The GME was b/c of the short squeeze. You had a group making it sky rocket then you had the shorts that had to cover, which drove the price up higher.

But As far as I know there aren't massive institutions and fund managers shorting DOGE. I don't understand who is going to squeeze anyone on DOGE. It's just going to be a bunch of Internet people (and the world) watching as people buy it up b/c it's fun, they are hoping to strike it rich, and FOMO. And then ultimately someone is going to get stuck holding the bag. I don't see this as sticking it to Wall Street. It's basically the average joe in a giant pyramid scheme hoping to get in, make money, and get out before the ride stops! Maybe I'm wrong.

2 things. There’s one major whale that owns the majority of Doge so if they liquidated a large amount of god forbid all of it the dog would be in a world of hurt but it will recover and rise again like it always does. People will hold bags for days and months but ultimately Doge always breaks its ATH.

Last edited:
Holding a bag of Doge is never a bad thing today, tomorrow, 4/20, or years down the road. We hold enough in “serious projects” the “real coins” if you may. Fundamentally/logically speaking AGI, API3, HBAR just to name a few should be killing it. They’re not and haven’t been. They may one day and I think they will so I hold but like I said whaf moves Crypto is the people and the hype they generate.
I agree that projects can have value for different reasons not just what they can do or provide. I've made quite a bit off of Doge already as a hedge coin so I see it mainly like that and will use profits to put into my main hodls.
But I can see use cases for doge and don't agree with people who say it has no intrinsic value since it has the name and the technicals of it are also not bad. So even though I am not a long term holder I am benefitting from it and can respect the platform that it has. It is one of the few coins that looks like it can go mainstream like BTC so should not be ignored and looks the strongest to be used as an actual currency right now which could be huge. Especially after the recent run I'm not opposed holding onto some after cashing out profits if it surges.

I agree that projects can have value for different reasons not just what they can do or provide. I've made quite a bit off of Doge already as a hedge coin so I see it mainly like that and will use profits to put into my main hodls.
But I can see use cases for doge and don't agree with people who say it has no intrinsic value since it has the name and the technicals of it are also not bad. So even though I am not a long term holder I am benefitting from it and can respect the platform that it has. It is one of the few coins that looks like it can go mainstream like BTC so should not be ignored and looks the strongest to be used as an actual currency right now which could be huge. Especially after the recent run I'm not opposed holding onto some after cashing out profits if it surges.

Thats it man. You gotta be able to think outside the box when it comes to crypto and learn to adapt. This is why there’s so many OG crypto people that hate on Doge and want it to fail because it defied their logic and has done unimaginable things and will continue to do so. The smart ones adapt. If there was a poll done around the world that asked if they could name 3 cryptos guess what the majority of the answers will be? Bitcoin, DOGE and then what’s the 3rd? If they can name more than 2 maybe ETH?

Monday 1:25 AM. Me in 6 hours

b0447a4c048c15a5575f062115caf69d.gif

I bought that thing called Doge coin.

Regarding DOGE 4/20 day. I hear some people trying to equate it to GameStop. Now I understand the concept of "sticking it to the man" or "the power of the Internet" type stuff.

However from my understanding, there is a MASSIVE difference between the 2 . The GME was b/c of the short squeeze. You had a group making it sky rocket then you had the shorts that had to cover, which drove the price up higher.

But As far as I know there aren't massive institutions and fund managers shorting DOGE. I don't understand who is going to squeeze anyone on DOGE. It's just going to be a bunch of Internet people (and the world) watching as people buy it up b/c it's fun, they are hoping to strike it rich, and FOMO. And then ultimately someone is going to get stuck holding the bag. I don't see this as sticking it to Wall Street. It's basically the average joe in a giant pyramid scheme hoping to get in, make money, and get out before the ride stops! Maybe I'm wrong.
This is it basically and Elon pumping it up. Lots of people will be left holding big bags of doge shit.

I'm getting some red flags about doge day...
Binance has suddenly given a message notice that 'spot trading upgrade due 20th April'. This tells me they are trying to curtail mega trading in anticipation of doge surge after what happened a few days ago and might place limitations. They claim trading will only be down for approx 2 hours but don't know.

The other thing that sometimes happens is exchanges decide to suddenly put coins on 'maintenance' in times of high volatility to prevent losses by stopping all trading of that coin.
So remember that even if doge surges it's the prerogative of the exchange to let you trade it.
I have another big hedge on doge right now so moving some of it off of binance after seeing that notice their giving.

Why would they do that though? Only reason might be to stop their servers crashing. They make money on every trade so more trading = more money.

Kinda big news to bitcoin.

"
BOAO, China — China's central bank is now calling bitcoin an "investment alternative" — marking a significant shift in Beijing's tone after a crackdown on cryptocurrency issuance and trading nearly four years ago.

Industry insiders called the comments "progressive" and are watching closely for any regulatory changes made by the People's Bank of China (PBOC)."

"
We regard Bitcoin and stablecoin as crypto assets ... These are investment alternatives," Li Bo, deputy governor of the PBOC, said on Sunday during a panel hosted by CNBC at the Boao Forum for Asia.

"They are not currency per se. And so the main role we see for crypto assets going forward, the main role is investment alternative."

Bitcoin was up around 2% at 12:25 p.m. Beijing time at over $57,134.04, according to Coindesk data."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...stment-alternative-marking-shift-in-tone.html

Why would they do that though? Only reason might be to stop their servers crashing. They make money on every trade so more trading = more money.
It's not always so simple, there can be various reasons

https://www.fxstreet.com/cryptocurrencies/resources/brokers-down-maintenance

https://www.cryptovibes.com/blog/20...wals-complicated-after-parabolic-price-surge/

It might just be a coincidental update their doing to freeze trading for a period tomorrow.
Anyway things are fine now and it's already pumping so am leveling in my trading gradually will see how the price does over the next 24 hours.

Last edited:
This is a new benchmark apparently in number of Tesla Model S's you could buy with a 1,000 dollar investment since beginning of the year. This is some crazy stuff.

https://amp.benzinga.com/amp/content/20675135

"
Dogecoin (DOGE) rally in 2021 so far means that a $1,000 investment at the start of the year would pretty much enable a holder to now buy a Tesla Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) Model S electric vehicle. Yet, while the meme cryptocurrency is hounding all the attention, there are others that are far outpacing its year-to-date gains.

One With DOGE: On Jan 1. DOGE traded at $0.004681, which means $1,000 would have translated into 213,629.56 DOGE."

"At press time DOGE traded 12.85% higher at nearly $0.33 on a 24-hour basis. This means the person’s coin holdings would be worth $70,497.75.

In terms of gain, this is an appreciation of 6,949.77% since the year began. This beats Bitcoin’s (BTC) 96.28% YTD gains. BTC traded 3.29% lower at $57,250.42 at press time.

See Also: Elon Musk Launches Dogecoin To The Moon (Yep, Again - Who's Counting?)

In California, a Model S Long Range is sold for $72,990 after factoring in Clean Fuel Reward and other potential incentives. Without these incentives, the vehicle is available for $79,990.

Depending on individual situations, a person could nearly buy a Model S with the investment from the Elon Musk-led company.

Two With OMI: ECOMI (OMI), the token associated with a Singapore-based digital collectible marketplace has shot up 33,967.54% since the first day of this year.

OMI traded at $0.000034 on Jan 1. An investor would have received 29,411,764.71 OMI for $1,000 at the beginning of 2021.

At press time, OMI traded 6.54% lower over a 24-hour period at $0.0007297. This means the tokens would be worth $212,676.47.

In terms of Model S vehicles, the investor could easily buy two Model S Standard Range vehicles with or without subsidies and have some funds left over.

Four With CVNT: Content Value Network (CVNT), the token associated with content distribution platform Collective Conscious Network, has risen 33,867.54% since Jan 1.

On that day, $1000 would have fetched an investor 146,842.87 CVNT as the cryptocurrency traded at $0.01 per unit.

At press time, CVNT traded 7.75% lower in a 24-hour period at $2.29. Today those coins would be worth nearly $340,675.47.

This effectively means the person could have purchased four Model S vehicles with or without subsidies and still have spare change left.

Four With CVNT: Content Value Network (CVNT), the token associated with content distribution platform Collective Conscious Network, has risen 33,867.54% since Jan 1.

On that day, $1000 would have fetched an investor 146,842.87 CVNT as the cryptocurrency traded at $0.01 per unit.

At press time, CVNT traded 7.75% lower in a 24-hour period at $2.29. Today those coins would be worth nearly $340,675.47.

This effectively means the person could have purchased four Model S vehicles with or without subsidies and still have spare change left.
Damn 33,000% gain since start of the year...
If I had known there was a token based on a platform called Collective Consciousness Network I would have for sure put in at least 1k as well.
Guess I missed the boat on that one.

This is a friend of mine after I recommended dogecoin. He then sold it because he was nervous. He really dropped it I don't think he sold all of it he likely has a lot more.
full

Last edited:
Dogecoin developer wanted to clear up some information he said Dogecoin is a fix number. He said the value is not I don't know what that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back