Crypto Megathread V29 - Bottoms Up!

Rob Battisti

HR for HR
@Steel
Reaction score
v28 - https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/crypto-megathread-v28-prediction-pain.4243308/

Disclaimer: This is a karate sub-forum. None of what your about to read should be taken as investment advice.

FAQs, Resources & Terminology:

New to Crypto? Welcome! In this thread, we discuss the world of Crypto, potential upcoming market changes and generally have a good time encouraging each other to make lot's of money.

Never take anything any of us say as financial advice. EVER.

Please.

Also, this is a very supportive community, no question is too noob to be asked. We are here to help!

Not financial advice:

I have been enjoying a slow and steady DCA into BTC and ETH over the last few weeks. Even another drop wouldn’t make a difference in what it will be at the next halving.

Financial Advice: Never interrupt compounding interest unnecessarily.

Just a reminder that if there is a pump it is a dead cat bounce

A9cjOWc.gif

https://fortune.com/2022/07/06/ethereum-merge-test-sepolia-proof-of-stake/

A major Ethereum public test network just transitioned to proof-of-stake, marking the second-to-last test before the main network switches to a new model of validating transactions.

Sepolia, the second of three Ethereum public test networks, transitioned on Wednesday morning. Ethereum developers noted a minor block producer problem on a group call, but otherwise say the test seemed fine. However, Ethereum developers emphasize that they will not truly know what went right or wrong for several hours.

Crypto Broker Voyager Digital Declares Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Disables User Trading

"The New Jersey-based company announced early Wednesday it had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in New York, and intends to seek recognition of the case in Ontario Superior Court. Chapter 11 is a classification of bankruptcy that allows companies to “reorganize” or, more succinctly, get their s*** in order while avoiding the pesky demands of creditors.

Documents filed with the New York southern district bankruptcy court Tuesday show that the company had more than 100,000 creditors as well as between $1 and $10 billion in both assets and liabilities. Filings show Voyager’s biggest creditor was Alameda Research Ventures, a crypto trader that holds an over 9% equity stake in the company with a claim of $75 million."

Crypto Broker Voyager Digital Declares Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Disables User Trading (msn.com)

Dang.. :(

Let's hope they can get things back on track with this restructuring.

Crypto Broker Voyager Digital Declares Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Disables User Trading

"The New Jersey-based company announced early Wednesday it had filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in New York, and intends to seek recognition of the case in Ontario Superior Court. Chapter 11 is a classification of bankruptcy that allows companies to “reorganize” or, more succinctly, get their s*** in order while avoiding the pesky demands of creditors.

Documents filed with the New York southern district bankruptcy court Tuesday show that the company had more than 100,000 creditors as well as between $1 and $10 billion in both assets and liabilities. Filings show Voyager’s biggest creditor was Alameda Research Ventures, a crypto trader that holds an over 9% equity stake in the company with a claim of $75 million."

Crypto Broker Voyager Digital Declares Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Disables User Trading (msn.com)

Dang.. :(

Let's hope they can get things back on track with this restructuring.

Don't worry. I am sure there are some upsides to no regulations or oversight. People just walking of with your money will surely payoff somehow. You know, for the greater good. Someone else's greater good.

Last edited:
It's only a matter of time before SBF buys voyager.

I'm waiting for 12-14k Bitcoin then I'll slowly start buying. Sticking with Layer 1's as safer bet.

Torn between:

Oasis Protocol ($ROSE) - Privacy layer 1. Few token unlocks to go but nothing major. The second most VC invested crypto after Polkadot. Huge backers such as Binance. Hoping for 0.02 cent then I'll buy

Moonriver ($MOVR) Seriously this is a microcap now! Around 60 million market cap. Insane....has over 600k wallet holders!! The tokens are fully unlocked. Backed by Coinbase and Binance. It's the Kusama of Moonbeam...people rave about moonbeam but the private sale price for Moonbeam was 0.01. It's 90% down and still the VC's are x65 up plus plenty of token unlocks to go...NO WAY!!....Moonriver is much the better value proposition.

I'm waiting for 12-14k Bitcoin then I'll slowly start buying. Sticking with Layer 1's as safer bet.

Torn between:

Oasis Protocol ($ROSE) - Privacy layer 1. Few token unlocks to go but nothing major. The second most VC invested crypto after Polkadot. Huge backers such as Binance. Hoping for 0.02 cent then I'll buy

Moonriver ($MOVR) Seriously this is a microcap now! Around 60 million market cap. Insane....has over 600k wallet holders!! The tokens are fully unlocked. Backed by Coinbase and Binance. It's the Kusama of Moonbeam...people rave about moonbeam but the private sale price for Moonbeam was 0.01. It's 90% down and still the VC's are x65 up plus plenty of token unlocks to go...NO WAY!!....Moonriver is much the better value proposition.
I like ROSE for long term HODL seeing some integration with Meta.

Given the number of exchanges that have gone insolvent I'm shocked BTC is over 20k right now. I'm surprised it's over 15k.

I am also shocked that BTC has basically remained steady the last month or more. With all this "sky in falling" and exchanges going belly up, BTC seems to hang in there.

I'm going to take that as a good sign :)

Back