Crypto Megathread V24 - HODL the line — gains aren’t always on time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coinbase buys crypto futures exchanges, plans to sell derivatives in U.S.

LONDON : Major cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase said it is buying a crypto futures exchange, FairX, as part of a move to offer crypto derivatives to traders in the United States.

FairX, which was launched last year, is the operating name of LMX Labs. It sells futures products and is regulated by the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).

Coinbase said it wants to make trading of regulated crypto derivatives accessible to retail and institutional customers.

"The development of a transparent derivatives market is a critical inflection point for any asset class and we believe it will unlock further participation in the cryptoeconomy for retail and institutional investors alike," it said in a blog post on Wednesday.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/bus...s-exchanges-plans-sell-derivatives-us-2433446

eddie-murphy-nod.gif

Celsius close to launching DEFI arm, CelsiusX. I wish I had more LINK too.

Celsius also now has free swaps for some 42 assets. No fees anywhere. Not in all locations, mostly in US so far which is good because other benefits there we don't get like more yield earning in CEL, but we do get discounted loan interest paying in CEL.

The one thing he brings up that I hadn't though about.....what happens with ETH 2.0 comes out and that 10% of supply that is locked, becomes free to sell? Not saying all those people will sell right away, but what happens when all the stakers want to pull some profits after sitting on it for so long locked up in ETH 2.0 staking?

He makes it sounds like a positive b/c the HUGE amount of money locked into ETH shows that people are confident in it. I get that. But that supply is gonna flood the market eventually? No?
Depends on the price action. If they're smart they'll wait until we're good and down to unlock it.

What's the verdict or quick summary for info overload attention span?

The summary is that we are not in a crypto bear market. We are in a slight correction and chopping sideways. He points out some key points of information, some charts, and some history to back up the information. basically ETH ran up like 500% in 2020 and 400% in 2021 so of course this relatively small pullback is going to happen. Points out that alts are still doing well vs BTC, which tends to indicate a bull market yet. If it was a true panic/bear, people would be exiting the alts at a much faster rate than BTC.

Also noted that if you look at the chart for the past few quarters, every single quarter (with the excpetion of first part of 2022 of course) is in the green. You had ups and downs for each quarter but the ending price has always been higher than the starting price of the quater for the past like 7 quarters or something like that.

Last edited:
I decided to add a little ATOM this morning.. an naturally it drop immediately after.

FI-4x_3WUAMxHCY

bloXmove is integrating with the only globally available Mobility as a Service API. TOMP-API is being developed by government agencies and companies like Uber.
bloXmove has packaged any TOMP-specific endpoints into an open-source component, known as the “bloXmove TOMP Gateway”. Therefore the integration of any service that already uses the TOMP framework with the bloXmove platform does not only become a very low bar but can also be done by any independent developers.
As the TOMP API works on creating communication standards between mobility stakeholders, bloXmove’s ultimate vision is a Dutch mobility ecosystem where the Mobility Blockchain Platform becomes the technological standard for user, vehicle, and company credentials while enabling fluid and automated transaction and settlement.

This project is going to be massive. I reckon those that sell even at $100 will cry when they see how much a part of the global mobility fabric it will become and what they let go out of their hands. Consider for a second that all operators using bloXmove to settle transactions will be burning 40% of all bloXmove tokens used until the total supply reduces down to 10 million..... just 10 million. Now consider that you can get your hands on 1000 blxm tokens out of a possible 10 million for just $2600 currently.... :eek:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/collaboration-marches-2022-bloxmove-integrates-open-mobility-/?trackingId=KBRGkXgaTz+24IoZJ1kYPQ==

Last edited:
I still don’t know or understand where you’d spend crypto or why people want it. However, I bought some Dodge, Fantom, and 1inch a few days ago and have made almost 300 dollars already. I bought 1k of each.

BIG MONEY.

Monero doing good things for me. Picked up a shitload at $185, now its time to spend it...

<{jackyeah}>

I decided to add a little ATOM this morning.. an naturally it drop immediately after.

I've gone to buy so many times this dip but have only gotten more taud

The one thing he brings up that I hadn't though about.....what happens with ETH 2.0 comes out and that 10% of supply that is locked, becomes free to sell? Not saying all those people will sell right away, but what happens when all the stakers want to pull some profits after sitting on it for so long locked up in ETH 2.0 staking?

He makes it sounds like a positive b/c the HUGE amount of money locked into ETH shows that people are confident in it. I get that. But that supply is gonna flood the market eventually? No?
It shall. It depends whether the market is hot or cold I'd imagine. If ETH is in ATH territory there will prolly be a selloff.

What's the verdict or quick summary for info overload attention span?
Doesn't look like bear market, time to buy. Shorter corrections. ETH circulating supply inflation dropping, ETH2 will make ETH deflationary.

Finally some somewhat longish term positive-ish numbers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back