Crypto Megathread v19 - Sold My SOL to the Devil

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way Sol flips Eth is if Eth 2.0 is a disaster and they don't fix the fees. If it goes well and fees go down enough to make everyone content then zero chance it flips Ethereum.

I give this a statistically zero percent chance of happening.

How did you reach this conclusion?

Transactions per a second and fees with evolving compute power every year allows for Solana to scale definitively while Ethereum has no definitive path to scale in the same manner. More companies will choose Solana moving forward with a defined trajectory. Solana was created post Ethereum with throughput in mind to handle the worlds finances and applications. If you want to create a social media platform or many financial platforms you wouldn't be able to on Ethereum. It can't handle the transactions and even if it could the economics of it don't work. Optimizing in the manner Solana has chosen makes the most sense to me. I have always had some BTC and ETH just because I might be missing something, SOL is the first one I can actually envision what is to come and real change happening in finance and social platforms.

Because its very low atm and i can buy tons of them. I know its not moving for quite some time but i can wait.
And yes, thats the extent of my knowledge besides grasping some little hype behind it on sherdog but maybe thats over allready?
It is low right now. At 23c you would get 13k DOGE. Imagine each DOGE is 100. That's 1.3 million USD.

Transactions per a second and fees with evolving compute power every year allows for Solana to scale definitively while Ethereum has no definitive path to scale in the same manner. More companies will choose Solana moving forward with a defined trajectory. Solana was created post Ethereum with throughput in mind to handle the worlds finances and applications. If you want to create a social media platform or many financial platforms you wouldn't be able to on Ethereum. It can't handle the transactions and even if it could the economics of it don't work. Optimizing in the manner Solana has chosen makes the most sense to me. I have always had some BTC and ETH just because I might be missing something, SOL is the first one I can actually envision what is to come and real change happening in finance and social platforms.
This post makes the same sense as kyrie Irving long IG live talking about the reason for him not getting vaccinated.

If it were about TPS alone, Algorand would be king. It’s about adoption and network effect. Solana is a good tech, but once ETH2.0 hits, nothing will touch it.

The upgrades with Sharding and Rollups will be over 100k TPS. It can handle the demands.

Last edited:
There's no guarantee Solana can handle heavy traffic as it's broken down twice as it's been overwhelmed recently.

But again, none of this will matter in few months anyway. Eth already has layer 2 scaling solutions in the meantime till 2.0 which they concentrate mainly on running dapps. Must be working quite well considering transactions on their network are up 369 percent y/y.

Ya. Me neither. Vitalik is one of the smartest developers out there and I think he's more competitive that what he leads on.

Yes he is. The Doge is in good hands. if you’re a fan of ETH and Vitalik’s work you can’t not be bullish on Doge no matter where you thought of it before. I think people kind of forgot about Vitalik and other big names joining the board while the price consolidated/dropped and other dog coins took a lot of the limelight from the OG.

It won’t take much to get back on track though with the all star lineup they got actually working on shit now. Doge is always a positive update and an Elon tweet away from doing a 7-10x in a any given week.

E1OBm5fUUAAS8tG.jpg

https://www.coindesk.com/tech/2021/...gecoin-jump-to-proof-of-stake/?outputType=amp

[URL]https://en.cryptonomist.ch/2021/09/06/vitalik-buterin-interested-in-dogecoin/
[/URL]

I hope a ton of people in here bought it for 1.75 when they had the chance
Right here. Sadly, only bought $100 worth (I kick myself for not tripling that). It has been in the mid 200s for a while now, looking nice at 280, will triple my original very soon. Hope it hits back to its ATH someday.

I might be missing something

You are; Everything @TeTe just mentioned and the billions upon billions upon billions upon billions upon billions of NFT transactions that has basically tsunami'd eth the last 6 months that made the crypto world turn on it's head a bit. So much so it's as if the London fork made things worse.

Sol's whole network got nuked twice. Shutting done the WHOLE frigging network.... By guess what? A onslaught of NFT transactions that exploded there. That's why Sol is not raging back like eth is right now. If I had time right now I can expand a lot on this factor. I've been crazy busy everyday the last month.

By scale Eth took a 1000 times more number crunching work and ate it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and three desserts. Eth spite shitty gas prices just chugged along. While by comparison Sol choked on the second bite of its breakfast burrito.

All that said I still like Sol lol. It will come back from that.

Hope all you turds are hustling and doing well, we're all gunna have a great new year.

@Rob Battisti While closing a few hundred tabs on my brave browser I had like 15 sherdog tabs and one was a response to your last PM and a tagged reply in this thread that I wrote out and never sent weeks ago. I apologize for that. To answer one of those questions Solidarity is kinda of a bitch for me and it has taken a lot less of my time since you asked. I'm concentrating on Tokenomics and whitepapers for a couple projects ones for my best friends business. Hope all is well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back