Crypto Megathread v18 - ETH Killers and The Metaverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Battisti

HR for HR
@Steel
Reaction score
V17-

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/crypto-megathread-v17-schrödingers-cat.4202202/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: This is a karate sub-forum. None of what your about to read should be taken as investment advice.

FAQs, Resources & Terminology:

New to Crypto? Welcome! In this thread, we discuss the world of Crypto, potential upcoming market changes and generally have a good time encouraging each other to make lot's of money.

Never take anything any of us say as financial advice. EVER.

Please.

Also, this is a very supportive community, no question is too noob to be asked. We are here to help!

Don't know where to start? Here is a good Youtube channel which covers most of the basics.

Finematics:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1ob28ceGdqohUnR7vBACA

Cryptocurrency A cryptocurrency (or “crypto”) is a digital currency that can be used to buy goods and services, but uses an online ledger with strong cryptography to secure online transactions.

Blockchain Blockchain is a system of recording information in a way that makes it difficult or impossible to change, hack, or cheat the system. A blockchain is essentially a digital ledger of transactions that is duplicated and distributed across the entire network of computer systems on the blockchain.

Smart Contract A smart contract is a self-executing contract with the terms of the agreement between buyer and seller being directly written into lines of code. The code and the agreements contained therein exist across a distributed, decentralized blockchain network. The code controls the execution, and transactions are trackable and irreversible.

What is Decentralized Fiance or DeFi?

What are Liquidity Pools?

What is Yield Farming?

HODL is a term derived from a misspelling of "hold" that refers to buy-and-hold strategies in the context of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

Shitcoins refer to coins that are highly volatile, do not offer any substantial technological advantages and are unlikely to be traded in years to come.

ICO (Initial Coin Offering) An initial coin offering (ICO) is the cryptocurrency industry’s equivalent to an initial public offering (IPO). A company looking to raise money to create a new coin, app, or service launches an ICO as a way to raise funds

Stablecoin Stablecoins are cryptocurrencies designed to minimize the volatility of the price of the stablecoin, relative to some "stable" asset or basket of assets. A stablecoin can be pegged to a cryptocurrency, fiat money, or to exchange-traded commodities

APY - Annual Percentage Yield

Mooning or Moonbag Mooning refers to a coin shooting upwards at an alarmingly fast rate. Also can refer to a coin multiplying by a factor of 2x+ in the future. Moonbags are your holdings of a coin you believe will ‘moon’.

Staking - Simply put, staking is the act of locking cryptocurrency assets to receive rewards.

https://academy.binance.com/en/articles/what-is-staking

Do Your Own Research - As previously stated, nothing you read should be taken as serious investment advice. As such, do your own research! All of the gains you make can disappear just as quickly.

**NOTE** MOST OF THE "CRYPTO EXPERTS" ON YOUTUBE ARE GRIFTERS. DON'T BELIEVE THEM AT FACE VALUE!**

www.livecoinwatch.com — free web based platform to track your portfolio holdings. This is useful if you hold multiple coins over multiple wallets or exchanges. This is the site where you see us posting those boxes showing our holdings.

Exchanges: **note: all exchanges suck. The interfaces suck. The offerings are usually limiting and they will frustrate you**

Coinbase: One of the most widely used exchanges to serve basic crypto trading. Pros: it’s easy to get started, soon to be a publicly traded company and fairly intuitive interface. Cons: limited tradeable assets, KYC so you have to give identification to trade, limited yields

Voyager: Non-KYC exchange where you can buy more elusive, but popular coins such as VET.

Binance: another very popular exchange. If in the United States use Binance.US Pros: lots of listings, widely used and fairly intuitive Cons: foreign managed and lots of hoops to jump through to get started get started.

KuCoin: a platform where psychopaths somehow manage to trade for coins which have extremely high mooning potential.

Overview of Staking ETH: https://decrypt.co/68991/staking-re...eferral&utm_campaign=feed&utm_source=coinbase
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What are some NFT use cases you’d like to see in the future outside of digital ape art?

1B. Have you/will you ever buy an NFT?

2. Will Ethereum ever be overtaken in market cap? By who? When?

3. Could you ever see yourself learning how to write a smart contract?

4. Is the cat alive or dead?

My Brothers — Wishing you all massive gains!

Why did I sell ALGO right before the pump?
I was the ALGO shill
FML
tsk tsk my good man
G36W.gif

1. What are some NFT use cases you’d like to see in the future outside of digital ape art?

1B. Have you/will you ever buy an NFT?

2. Will Ethereum ever be overtaken in market cap? By who? When?

3. Could you ever see yourself learning how to write a smart contract?

4. Is the cat alive or dead?
1. Video games. Not original but with the trophy systems and DLC they seem like the perfect market. Already rife with microtransactions

1B. Nah. I'll prolly never buy physical art either

2. Hard to say, too early. ETH is still a bit of a question mark to me, looking to see how they patch up going forward. That whole space is a shark tank.

3. Possibly... If I ever have time. Not for the near future that's for sure

Definitely dead. Just give it a few months. ;)

1. Video games. Not original but with the trophy systems and DLC they seem like the perfect market. Already rife with microtransactions

1B. Nah. I'll prolly never buy physical art either

2. Hard to say, too early. ETH is still a bit of a question mark to me, looking to see how they patch up going forward. That whole space is a shark tank.

3. Possibly... If I ever have time. Not for the near future that's for sure

Definitely dead. Just give it a few months. ;)

1. The question is, when does the first AAA studio create a Metaverse? Imagine Call of Duty, Skyrim, cyberpunk, World of Warcraft with NFTs. Even something like PUBG on chain would be so easy to do and ridiculously profitable from an NFT perspective. WilderWorld is the closest thing right now and I believe in it — but once a AAA gets involved it’s game over. Pardon the pun. EPIK Prime is also super interesting in this space.

1B I don’t think I will either

2. I feel like whoever wins institutions will win as THE base layer. 2.0 has to deliver, but I can’t see something else overtaking it.

3. I’m going to try and leave Solidity. @HeLLMuTT was it difficult?

4. I’m becoming more confident it’s dead.

I wonder if that 45% of the Sol not in circulation is being dumped. This is why I do not like when 20% or more of the total coins of a crypto are not part of circulation number.

So Solana is dumping, ADA is struggling, what's next?

Fuck me I just realized if I didn't have my Dot staking until next Monday I could get over 2 Eth for it, fuuuuuuuuck. Please do nothing crypto until then.
1623299779_Etherimun-creator-Vitalik-Buterin-spoke-about-one-of-his-best.png

Last edited:
I wonder if that 45% of the Sol not in circulation is being dumped. This is why I do not like when 20% or more of the total coins of a crypto are not part of circulation number.

So Solana is dumping, ADA is struggling, what's next?

Fuck me I just realized if I didn't have my Dot staking until next Monday I could get over 2 Eth for it, fuuuuuuuuck. Please do nothing crypto until then.
View attachment 879355
It's probably the wall street bets crew moving their money from Sol to Dot. Finding something new to pump

It's probably the wall street bets crew moving their money from Sol to Dot. Finding something new to pump
That'd be nice. But I'm not greedy, if I can get 2 Eth for my 200 Dot next Monday good chance I pull the trigger.

Like a dummy I didn't load up on ecosystems during the last big dip. But if shit goes down enough to load up on Sol, Dot and ADA I will.

Like a dummy I didn't load up on ecosystems during the last big dip. Big if shit goes down enough to load up on Sol, Dot and ADA I will.
100% I actually want everything to shit the bed so I can get back in at December 2020 levels

100% I actually want everything to shit the bed so I can get back in at December 2020 levels
Yeah I kind of blew my wad a few months ago and wish I had funds a couple months ago when shit was cheap. I've been putting aside funds recently though so I'm ready lol.

Like you @TeTe — I believe Ethereum will be king, but some of these other base layers can still boom in the meantime. Windows vs Mac vs Linux

in the meantime, I do think these Metaverse plays are where base layers were way back when.

Well that'll be the last time I ever stake anything it's pretty much a fucking trap. Fuck this hodling bullshit. Get out when it moons and back in when it dumps. It always does.

Well that'll be the last time I ever stake anything it's pretty much a fucking trap. Fuck this hodling bullshit. Get out when it moons and back in when it dumps. It always does.
Good luck :cool:

What was the price change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back