Cruz's masterful plan: 2 Steps ahead of the game!

Reason

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
While Cruz has maintained that Cody marketed himself into the title fight, by chasing him down in the fox booth and creating a rivalry with Faber's expert help and knowledge in landing the big fights, I see it differently.

I believe that HE chose Cody and made it happen. Cody is only 25 and has little top level competition. He knows everything that happens at TAM, and knows that the word is that Cody is improving in leaps and bounds. He knows that he is a hot head and would be able to get under his skin in the lead up, a plan that played a big part in his win over TJ.

He knows that Now is the time to beat him and Dom is masterfully protecting his legacy by making this fight for that, and several other reasons.

1) Take out the young gun before he is ready (like Faber did to him in '07)

2) Force Lineker to fight a horrible counter style in TJ Dillashaw.

3) Force TJ to take the fight against Lineker, who, while a deserved underdog, can switch off anyone's lights with one combo.

Lineker and TJ were both more dangerous fights at this juncture, in my opinion. Lineker would walk through Dom's shots and is experienced against top competition, not to mention a much harder mark for the mind games.

I think people are overlooking this, and the fact that he's pulled the wool over everyone's eyes on this proves to me that he is arguably the best mind in the game right now.

Because Dom has the power to make matchup and not the UFC right? Its why he wants to fight Cody, as he wants an easier fight, right?
The UFC didnt make this matchup because they think Cody/Cruz does better numbers than Cody/TJ or Cody/Lineker right?

{<jordan}

If domin8tor chose garbrandt as he said he did, i Believe it is because of their present state of being and not their future maybe accomplished potential

He didnt force TJ to fight Lineker

Your breakdown is shit
IMG_0229.PNG
Of course he did. It was always going to be the next title shot eliminator from the moment Cruz chose Cody.

Besides, you are a salty Cruz hater, so your opinion on this subject is biased and has no validity.

If domin8tor chose garbrandt as he said he did, i Believe it is because of their present state of being and not their future maybe accomplished potential
That's what I said in the OP ;)

View attachment 183657
Of course he did. It was always going to be the next title shot eliminator from the moment Cruz chose Cody.

Besides, you are a salty Cruz hater, so your opinion on this subject is biased and has no validity.

TJ could have sat out and waited

He already beat Assuncao when he was ranked at 2

How dumb are you ?

Because Dom has the power to make matchup and not the UFC right? Its why he wants to fight Cody, as he wants an easier fight, right?
The UFC didnt make this matchup because they think Cody/Cruz does better numbers than Cody/TJ or Cody/Lineker right?

{<jordan}
Why does it do better numbers? Because of the rivalry that was created by Cruz and Cody. How are you so blind?

Take away all the talk and Lineker and TJ are both more exciting matchups. How is this hard for you to understand?

TJ could have sat out and waited

He already beat Assuncao when he was ranked at 2

How dumb are you ?
TJ doesn't sit and wait. Cruz knows this. He took on Soto on a days notice, he's a company man.

Cruz is crafty and calculated but I don't think he had much of a say in this one.

It's simple really. Cody got in before TJ did. Cody did all he needed to for the UFC to prick their ears and become interested.

TAM - check
Exciting fight style - check
Finisher - check
Good record - check

That all sells a lot more than the TJ rematch. I'm a big fan of TJ, but he dropped the ball on this one. I think TJ is going to mouth off a bit more and I can't wait for the rematch.

508_Dominick_Cruz.0.0.jpg

"yee thatz rite I did it all wit my mind"

I agree that Cruz specifically picked out Garbrant now because he knew he could sell the fight. He's also pretty good and would most likely be even better in a couple years while Cruz will probably start to decline from injuries/age. Good time for this fight to happen from Cruz point of view.

IMO though Dillashaw is the only person that could come close to beating Cruz from now til end of 2017

I could see Dom doing that.

Doms cerebral, could very well be two steps ahead

Cruz is crafty and calculated but I don't think he had much of a say in this one.

It's simple really. Cody got in before TJ did. Cody did all he needed to for the UFC to prick their ears and become interested.

TAM - check
Exciting fight style - check
Finisher - check
Good record - check

That all sells a lot more than the TJ rematch. I'm a big fan of TJ, but he dropped the ball on this one. I think TJ is going to mouth off a bit more and I can't wait for the rematch.
You could be right, man. Lineker also deserved the shot more though and is just as exciting as Cody and has ko'd better competition. It won't sell as much only because of the trash talk and storyline, which like you said, is a factor.

I just look back on the 'beef' and see Dom being the only bringing up Codys name more and earlier than Cody and his Dom callouts. Years ago I would have gone to the trouble of gathering all of the evidence to support my point in the OP before I posted the thread, but this place is a cesspool of haters and shitheads than can't read more than one sentence in a row these days, lol.

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.

<6>
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
Mike was right about that, and Dom may we'll regret his decision is he zigs when he should have zagged later tonight.

You could be right, man. Lineker also deserved the shot more though and is just as exciting as Cody and has ko'd better competition. It won't sell as much only because of the trash talk and storyline, which like you said, is a factor.

I just look back on the 'beef' and see Dom being the only bringing up Codys name more and earlier than Cody and his Dom callouts. Years ago I would have gone to the trouble of gathering all of the evidence to support my point in the OP before I posted the thread, but this place is a cesspool of haters and shitheads than can't read more than one sentence in a row these days, lol.

Lineker can earn his shot tonight by winning after making weight in the division. He would still have to drop that extra 1/4 pound though for a title fight. Good to see him get close, I think that's why he didn't stop at 136, he wanted to get as close as he could to 135, but for a title fight, 135.25 is not good enough.

Back