Cruz will angle into Cody's hooks

L

Lissove

They are undeniably fast and the way Cruz jumps in and angles to the side is great for the way Cody is throwing his power hooks.

Miss on purpose to set up counter for the slip

Because Cruz has never had to deal with a short reach power puncher before. Don't get me wrong I'll laugh my ass off if Cody KO's Cruz lol.

They are undeniably fast and the way Cruz jumps in and angles to the side is great for the way Cody is throwing his power hooks.

People have also speculated that Cruz could be hit with head kicks when angling.

The problem is, his movement patterns are so unpredictable, and he is constantly shifting his angle of attack, it's hard to predict with confidence when to throw that looping hook or head kick.

Cruz uses the crouch and angles to initiate and especially bait opponents into counters that he easily eludes.

Honestly if i was to devise a plan to beat cruz it wouldnt be a 1 dimensional short boxer like cody,they would need leck kicks and body shots,as dom as excellent head movement.

8_medium.gif

This is going to be inretesting. I rewatched the Faber and dillashaw fights. Dom doesn't get hit much but he does get hit. Faber was able to touch him and so was tj. Cody has more power in his hands than they do but I don't think he's as well rounded as tj or cruz and i doubt his gas tank will hold up.

Because Cruz has never had to deal with a short reach power puncher before. Don't get me wrong I'll laugh my ass off if Cody KO's Cruz lol.

Except Cruz has gotten knocked down before.

This is going to be inretesting. I rewatched the Faber and dillashaw fights. Dom doesn't get hit much but he does get hit. Faber was able to touch him and so was tj. Cody has more power in his hands than they do but I don't think he's as well rounded as tj or cruz and i doubt his gas tank will hold up.

I don't think cardio will be an issue for Cody, but you could be right as most of his fights end quickly. And all he has to do is land hard once and it could be game over for Dom.

Last edited:
I don't think cardio will be an issue for cardio, but you could be right as most of his fights end quickly. And all he has to do is land hard once and it could be game over for Dom.
I'm just thinking he's going to have to miss a few to hit Dom. Missing is what's gonna drain that gas tank. Tj was throwing some volume.

Back