Cruz vs. Garbrandt was one of the best fights i've ever seen!

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Congrats to Cody! And i want to see the rematch down the road!

Honestly, it was pretty one sided...and I'm a Cruz fan...Cody beat him physically and mentally

Honestly, it was pretty one sided...and I'm a Cruz fan...Cody beat him physically and mentally

Same.

The best fights for me are your Jones -vs- Gus where we don't just get a surprise, we get a thriller.

Dom got completely out classed in the wrestling, hit a lot of air swinging, and generally lost the fight everywhere on the feet.

Agreed. Fight would have been closer without that headbutt. I think it put Cruz out of his game, and he started taking heavy damage in that round. Rematch would be nice, but you can't really deny TJ before that.

The first 2 rounds were competitive. After those knockdowns in round 3, Cruz was done. Cody had too much power and he actually fought with technique. It was really surprising to me (I picked Cruz to win) that Cody was able to outmaneuver Cruz for most of the fight. Good job by Cody.

BTW, the headbutt was unfortunate but it happens. It was not intentional, though Cruz got the worst of it. What can you do?

Cody fought smart, Dom thought CG was just gonna try KO him pressing forward, Dom expected to be on the outside trying to tame a bull but Dom had to be the one to press the fight otherwise there wouldn't have been one. Cody was too busy taunting instead of fighting, but when he did throw he would throw with Dom & with his faster hands it played in to him more. He was gassed in that last round, because you never know with the judges & he didn't throw anything in that round... it's a championship fight you go out to win that last round no matter what that's how you could see he had nothing left except keeping range to not get jumped on during that last round. That headbutt didn't do dom any favors but he lost fair & square. Now Dom know's Cody's better than what he expected maybe he will gameplan for him differently in a rematch but TJ deserves that next shot & it will be another boss fight.

C0-1mQXW8AECusk.jpg:large

There were a couple of times when Cody was visibly stung by what Cruz threw, but god how many times did he drop Cruz in that fight? Like six?

Now that I'm getting over at being upset and my heart rate is lowering down, I'm starting to get comfortable with the thought that Cody is just really, really good. TJ/Cody is the motherfucking fight to make in the UFC.

Dominick got wrecked, but I did like the shit out of that fight

At the same time, It's pretty crazy to watch a fighter who thought he couldn't get hit get dominated like that. Dominick will for sure fight for the belt again though.

You are probably sad that Dom lost... i think it was really great, got me hooked from begginin to the end.
Although I hoped Cruz would win because I think Cody is a punk, I really wasn't pushing too hard for him. Overall the fight wasn't that great, not a lot of strikes thrown and it was very one sided.

I've long been a fan of Cruz and Cody's attitude is off-putting to me, but I have to give the dude credit. His evasive skills were off the charts. He barely got hit, landed several hard punches, and was generally entertaining throughout.

He clowned Cruz plain and simple. Congrats to him. Still a fan of the Dominator, though.

Cody fought smart, Dom thought CG was just gonna try KO him pressing forward, Dom expected to be on the outside trying to tame a bull but Dom had to be the one to press the fight otherwise there wouldn't have been one. Cody was too busy taunting instead of fighting, but when he did throw he would throw with Dom & with his faster hands it played in to him more. He was gassed in that last round, because you never know with the judges & he didn't throw anything in that round... it's a championship fight you go out to win that last round no matter what that's how you could see he had nothing left except keeping range to not get jumped on during that last round. That headbutt didn't do dom any favors but he lost fair & square. Now Dom know's Cody's better than what he expected maybe he will gameplan for him differently in a rematch but TJ deserves that next shot & it will be another boss fight.

Good post. This is why I would be interested in a rematch. Cruz is a master tactician, but I think he underestimated Cody's movement and unwillingness to just press forward. I would like to see his adjustments.

Although I hoped Cruz would win because I think Cody is a punk, I really wasn't pushing too hard for him. Overall the fight wasn't that great, not a lot of strikes thrown and it was very one sided.
I dont think it was one sided... only one round that Cody got the lead by far. Cruz showed a lot of heart and chin in this fight!

The only thing I didn't enjoy (beside the result) about this fight was CG's attitude during the knockdowns. Dude, you just rocked a man that's well known for being durable and hard to hit. Don't point at him, go finish your goddamn job, son. Was rooting for Dom, but great fight and huge future for Cody and for the division. I'm really excited for 2017.

bring on the Cody dancing after evading Cruz gifs! Maybe funniest in-fight moment I've seen since Nick lay down in front of Silva.

Great fight though. Cody's performance was something else. I knew the kids was quality but I figured he'd be outmatched here and flustered by Cruz's style. He is very well-rounded and is a dangerous fight for another great fighter in Dillashaw.

not even close to one of the best ive seen

Cody murked him

Cody schooled Cruz. How he didn't win by a bigger margin was my only question. How do you knock someone down 3-4 times in a round and not get a 10-8?

Back