Cruz vs Cody breakdown request

colorado

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I didn't have the chance to watch the fight. Therefore, how did it go? Was it a one sided victory and can we expect Cory to be a champ for a while? Please Just a short breakdown would suffice. Thanks!

systematic dismantling of a sloppy kickboxer by the more technical boxer

same script we have seen a lot in the sport recently

A lot of the fight was really close because Cody choose to be smart and be patient instead of trying to chase Dom's movement. Cody was clearly the better fighter tho, and round 4 wasnt close at all, Cody got a 10-8 with multiple knockdowns. Imo, this fight showed that Cody can stay champ for a lot time probably, he's not just a slugger, but can fight a very smart and patient fight as well.

Round 1 I had for Cody, but was kinda close.
Round 2 was close, I gave it to Dom, but could have been a 10-10 round
Round 3 was Cody
Round 4 was a 10-8 for Cody.
Round 5 was Cody coasting to the win, so Dom took this round.

Cruz was busier. Garbrandt was much much more accurate with punches. Dom's best success was leg kicks. Dom was 0-7 in take-downs Garbrandt was 1-4 they had some good scrambles. Dominick Cruz couldn't land consistently. Cody may of finished him had he not been caught up in the trash talk.

In my honest opinion Cody won the first 4 rounds while Dom won the 5th. I think it's ridiculous how the judges scored it.

Back