Media Cruz planning his comeback, preferably first half of 2020.

Deadwing88

Lion of Panjshir.
@Silver
Reaction score
Hopefully in the first half of 2020.

“Within the next six months,” Cruz said. “I’m healthy. This year, I will fight as long as everything stays in line like it has, and I learned that a lot of what was stopping me has just been keeping focused on the now and not worrying about things you can’t control.”

Well, I’m kind of in a Diaz situation, Nate Diaz situation, where I’m like, ‘You got Henry Cejudo calling me out, why would I want to fight anybody else?” Cruz told Brendan Schaub on the latest edition of “Food Truck Diaries.” “He’s the title holder, he’s got an Olympic title and thinks he’s a ’25-pound and ’35-pound champion. That’s the guy to beat, and he wants to say that he’s the GOAT; you’ve got to beat me, bro. It’s plain, simple, period.”

“It’s just like, let’s do this. I’m right here, I’m finally healthy. We’re both coming off shoulder surgery, we’re both from Arizona, we were both on the same national wrestling team. I know his style. I know everything about him, I know his background. I know how he grew up.”

But Cejudo (15-2 MMA, 9-2 UFC) has recently diverted his attention to another former champion, longtime UFC featherweight king Jose Aldo, who recently suffered a loss to Marlon Moraes in his 135-pound debut.

And while many are baffled as to why Cejudo would target someone coming off of a loss, Cruz thinks Cejudo is going after the easier choice in Aldo.

“Realistically, fighting me makes you the best in the division if you can beat me, but I think you know the truth; that’s why you’re going towards an Aldo that lost to Moraes, who you beat,” Cruz said. “That gives some comfort, where you got me you could face, after a three-year layoff, where I’ve looked very good before in the past, and I fight a little unconventionally, but the way I see it is we’re both coming off shoulder surgery and and so that makes this an even fight to have.”

I won’t believe for a second that he is coming back until he is locked in the cage

He aint making it back with them zombie knees. Shame

Moraes would be a fun style match up and makes the most sense
perfect time for the long dreamed of Aldo fight too and see how their styles clash
Yan/Sterling make sense too

Cruz needs to win a fight, last time we seen him he got beat handily.

CLEANEST footwork in the game.

Footwork so clean he levitates.

<DCWhoa>
0NJbUd.gif

Lol. This guy is a joke and will lose against every guy from top 10. How many fights in UFC does he have? 7?

Awwww sheeeit

Baby ferrit bod making a comeback, it's ova!!!

Good to hear. Plenty of great matches to be had.

Love to see it,... but his knees might not be up to the task as much as his mind is.....

Lol what's even the point? He hasn't fought in 3 years and has 4 fights in the last 8 years. His body was not made for training and combat. It's great that he can outpoint guys, but the fact is he TKOs himself year in and out.

good, might be off commenting for a while.

Him vs Aldo would be great. Late but what the hell.

I like Dom just fine, but the game has likely left him behind, and his body gave up the fight years ago like a mini Cain.

Coming back into the rehab ward?

6 months is to long. That's like 8 injuries in Cruz time.

Straight into the fire

I love the guy but give him sandhagen

Or frankie

Coming off a loss and another 3 year layoff and still acting like he's relevant.

Pitiful

Back