Cruz landed more strikes in every round

Lol u are aware a fighter can land more strikes in a round then another fighter but get knocked down. And lose the round?

According to TS a punch that brushes your nose should count the same as a punch that cracks your head around or drops you on your ass. smh

High volume low damage

He hit Cody with a leg kick that didn't even wrinkle codys skin

this should be the new "didn't read" gif
there you go
osRQew5.gif

Another mma fan that doesn't know judging rules. You should read them ts. Scoring striking is not about the number of strikes landed.

Dom's boxing got exposed. He was looping wild punches and got caught in those exchanges. He needs to throw a straight right after his jabs, instead of leaning and winging.

Cody dodging those strikes was the most surprising part of the fight. I didn't realize his defense was that on point.

Go ahead and throw the white belt card and please correct me if i read this wrong.. But if you look at the fightmetric, Cruz landed more in every round.. Is it the % or takedowns, knockdowns that counts more?
Anyway Cruz is still the GOATView attachment 184319
A fight isn't judged by looking at a stats sheet.

Its not my opinion, its a printscreen from the ufc page... Im not really saying that he won either i just found the the stats a bit interesting

Yeah, Cruz landed more strikes. But that doesn't mean anything towards who won the round like you seem to think. The only time raw strikes landed numbers come into play is if the effectiveness (i.e. Damage) of the strikes seems to be dead even between the two, then number landed is used to determine the round winner

Cody's strikes were clearly more effective even though he landed a few fewer

He chased far too much in this fight. He can come back for sure.

yes but he said that is his style. i agree if he didn't chase cody all fight he could have won it, but could he? his boxing isn't as good.

Back