Cruz landed more strikes in every round

I watched it and maybe im a little bias towards Cruz, i was just surprised
Maybe you're a little bit bias?, if you thought Cruz was close to winning that fight you are more than just a little bit biased, realistically Cruz had 3-4 significant strikes whereas Cody landed at least 8-9 solid power punches, Cruz would have complained like a bitch if he thought the fight was anywhere near close.

From the MMA Unified Rules:
C) Judges shall evaluate mixed martial arts techniques, such as effective striking, effective grappling, effective aggressiveness and Cage/ring control. Scoring evaluations shall be made giving equal weight to effective striking and effective grappling. It will be determined on a sliding scale. If a round is affected more by striking, then striking will be weighed more heavily. If a round is affected more by grappling than grappling will be weighed more heavily. Cage/Ring Control are secondary criteria to be used when effective striking and effective grappling are even. Effective aggression will be weighed more heavily than cage/ring control. “Effective striking” is judged by determining the impact of legal strikes landed by a contestant and the number of such legal strikes. Heavier strikes that have a visible impact on the opponent will be given more weight than the number of strikes landed. These assessments include causing an opponent to appear stunned from a legal blow, causing the opponent to stagger, appearance of a cut or bruise from a legal strike and causing the opponent to show pain. Cumulative impact on a fighter will also be weighed. If neither fighter shows an advantage in impact of strikes, the number of strikes will determine the most effective striker.

“Effective grappling” is judged by considering the amount of successful executions of a legal takedown, reversals and submission attempts. Examples of factors to consider are take downs from standing position to mount position, passing the guard to a dominant position, and bottom position fighters using an active, threatening guard to create submission attempts. Submission attempts which come close to ending a fight will be weighted more highly than attempts which are easily defended. Submission attempts which cause an opponent to weaken or tire from the effort required to defend the technique will also be weighted highly in scoring. High amplitude takedowns and throws which have great impact will be scored more heavily than a takedown which does not have great impact.

“Effective aggression” is moving forward scoring with a legal technique or attacking from the guard with threatening submissions.

“Cage/Ring Control” is dictating the pace, place and position of the fight

http://herbdean.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ABC_unified_rules_of_MMA_study_guide.pdf

As much as I wanted Cody to lose, not giving the fight to him would be plain bad judgement. First round was close, but Cruz certainly didn't win it.

Cruz definitely won 1, 2, and 5. It may have been close, but it was clear. It all depends on how you scored 4, which I scored it 10-9. I think Cruz got robbed.

lol Jesus Christ. It is no wonder judges are so fucking wrong all the time, even legitimate fans of the sport don't know what the fuck they're watching.

Go ahead and throw the white belt card and please correct me if i read this wrong.. But if you look at the fightmetric, Cruz landed more in every round.. Is it the % or takedowns, knockdowns that counts more?
Anyway Cruz is still the GOATView attachment 184319

15abdb2bae3ef9602995a1e3619f93350cdebfce133b501a4d714b97746e11a4.jpg

I thought the commentary wasn't really talking about the strikes Dom landed, so it seemed to the viewers at home that Cody may have done more than Cruz

That's awesome.
He must've dropped Cody a lot then hey.

Need to watch the fight on Mute.

With Rogan its 48-47 Cody
Without Rogan its 49-46 Cruz

I thought it was funny how Cruz landed about 60 leg kicks, and Cody landed about 5 all fight, and normally Rogan loves his leg kicks, goes insane normally, but this time silent, barely mentions it. Odd that
LMAO you need to have a drink my friend. Happy new year. Leg kicks that didn't do anything really. Cruz leg kicks are for the most part harmless, Barboza and Aldo leg kicks different.

Also, the judges and media don't give a flying fuck what Rogan said, and they scored it for Cody.. So yeah I don't understand your argument

Cruz definitely won 1, 2, and 5. It may have been close, but it was clear. It all depends on how you scored 4, which I scored it 10-9. I think Cruz got robbed.

Fucking LOL at cruz round 1 and a 10-9 for a 3 knockdown round.
FB_IMG_1483196085776.jpg

I am honestly shocked how people thought Cruz won round 1. He was beaten soundly in that round.

Cruz and his entire corner know that he lost that fight. The judges saw what most of us saw, and made the right call.

Hate Cody hahahaha but he won.

He had a 10-8 round imo as well.

Cruz has terrible mechanics in his striking, but great?...footwork?....Well since footwork is meant to set up solid striking, I guess Cruz does dance around looking effective.

The new generation is here. Cody proved that last night. Cruz got away with his nonsense because all the other fighters other than TJ had that stunted MMA striking.

Cody brought discipline and poise to a dance fest, LOL!

The evolution continues Cruz is a dinosaur!

Go ahead and throw the white belt card and please correct me if i read this wrong.. But if you look at the fightmetric, Cruz landed more in every round.. Is it the % or takedowns, knockdowns that counts more?
Anyway Cruz is still the GOATView attachment 184319

The fact that Cruz landed more "significant strikes" should tell you how bogus that stat is.

Dom was repeatedly knocked down and staggered while Cody wasn't in an danger what so ever.

Textbook example of how stupid these stats are.

Cruz lost. I picked him before the fight, and was rooting for him to pull it off (even if by a screwjob decision) by the fifth due to Garbrandt's stupidity in the fourth, but he lost the fight. He probably would have got stopped if Garbrandt had spent more time trying to finish the fight than he did taunting.

Back