Cruz is the best color commentator working in the UFC

He is definitely super knowledgeable and I think is good an explaining his points. My only complaint is that sometimes he doesn't let the action breath. It's like he always need to be critiquing the fighters, rather than letting the fight every now and then.

Yes. This is my only problem. His insight is nice, but he's talking toooo much. He should ease up and only focus on the major points; he doesn't need to break down every movement every fighter makes and he doesn't need to coach them.

The worst is when a fighter is going for the finish and everyone is amped up and screaming, and then there's dom analyticaly talking in a monotone voice about how fighter A. Needs to get outside foot placement, feint the jab, then jab and follow with the right hand.

If he cuts back a bit and focuses on key moments to drop his analyses, then I think a lot more people will come around to him

Last edited:
Cruz probably gives the best technical analysis, but DC is the best overall.

DC offers technique, has infectious enthusiasm, and is an entertaining personality. Cards are way more fun with him around.

It's Cruz>Hardy>>>>>>>>DC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rest

I wish Hardy would call more fights. He hardly does it anymore outside of the occasional UK card

Even if he had a superiority complex, and I strongly disagree with that assessment, he still is the only commentator where I learn something about the sport almost every time he calls a fight. So I wouldn't care

I dislike his clear bias, other than that he gives great insight. Hopefully that's something he can overcome.

Sure if all you want to get out of the commentary is "THUG ROOOOOOOSE THUG ROOOOSE", your IQ is below 90 and you have no interest in learning anything about the techniques and strategies that are unfolding in front of you, then you're better off with someone else. I myself love his commentary because he is the only one who seems to want to educate the audience in all aspects of mma. That's what color commentary should be. Sure he has his ups and downs but who doesn't. Every commentator done a shit job at one point in his career. On a good night he is easily the best commentator in the UFC though.
Cruz is one of the most knowledgable commentators, but he's just a bit too much of an ass about how much better he is than everyone else (which happens to be true).

miletich is probably my favorite commentator.

Watch the Khabib Vs Mcgregor fight, he was about as bad as it gets that night. Starting sentences without finishing them. Sharing thoughts that made no sense.

Why must he repeat 'it's over. it's over guys. it's over' as soon as a submission is in place? Annoys me no end.

Brian Stann was the best guy they ever had.
Current best is Dan Hardy.

sorta

I do like when he burns and puts joe in his place from time to time - after years of Joe doing the same to Goldie then letting Goldie's last broadcast go unacknowledged.

I couldn't disagree more. His ego is too big to be objective and he's boring AF. Mir Wec pbp days is the p4p behind Rogan.

Sure if all you want to get out of the commentary is "THUG ROOOOOOOSE THUG ROOOOSE", your IQ is below 90 and you have no interest in learning anything about the techniques and strategies that are unfolding in front of you, then you're better off with someone else. I myself love his commentary because he is the only one who seems to want to educate the audience in all aspects of mma. That's what color commentary should be. Sure he has his ups and downs but who doesn't. Every commentator done a shit job at one point in his career. On a good night he is easily the best commentator in the UFC though.

Dc constantly provides quality analysis on the technical aspects of fights. He also does get a bit silly but he's clearly better than Dom.

Dom is great at the desk but live he literally repeats the same battle of underhooks, battle of outside foot shit nearly every fight.

Part of being a good commentator is being fun to listen to. Cruz has zero chemistry with everyone he works with and sounds as though he's half asleep/bored to tears in every fight.

It doesn't matter how much knowledge he has, he takes away from the fight experience.

Cruz is good. The problem is he knows it. It's true we get to tons of explanation and detail from him, but when he's feeling contrite it's terrible, and he tries to step on the others with his knowledge.

Pretty much everyone is right. At his best, he's the best. At his worst, he's the worst. The trouble is that consistency. He runs a bigger gamut than anyone from clearly educated the viewers to being a complete distraction.

It is so close between him and DC that it depends who has a better night. DC just killed it last couple of times while Cruz is a bit bummed cuz of his Injury.

Back