Cruz is the best color commentator working in the UFC

Him and Rogan are the two worst commentators in the UFC. Hardy and Gooden is the best team. Rogan needs Goldie, the UFC just didn't know it till he was gone.

I noticed something weird last night, Cruz was tripping over his words and mis speaking all over the place last night.
Sorry I'm out and about so can't give specific examples off the top of my head. Could have been nerves etc. First night on ESPN and alll but I thought he seemed really off.

Him and Rogan are the two worst commentators in the UFC. Hardy and Gooden is the best team. Rogan needs Goldie, the UFC just didn't know it till he was gone.

I like Hardy too but he rarely does commentary outside of UK cards. Also you are wrong about Cruz.

I couldn't stand Cruz at first, but he's grown on me. Not sure I'd say he's "the best" or whatever, but it seems like he's getting a lot better at it.

Sure if all you want to get out of the commentary is "THUG ROOOOOOOSE THUG ROOOOSE", your IQ is below 90 and you have no interest in learning anything about the techniques and strategies that are unfolding in front of you, then you're better off with someone else. I myself love his commentary because he is the only one who seems to want to educate the audience in all aspects of mma. That's what color commentary should be. Sure he has his ups and downs but who doesn't. Every commentator done a shit job at one point in his career. On a good night he is easily the best commentator in the UFC though.

Agreed. The best in the business. Shows why he is such a smart fighter. If he never fights again he's got a permanent job lined up.

He is definitely super knowledgeable and I think is good an explaining his points. My only complaint is that sometimes he doesn't let the action breath. It's like he always need to be critiquing the fighters, rather than letting the fight every now and then.

I like Hardy too but he rarely does commentary outside of UK cards. Also you are wrong about Cruz.

Cruz is terrible, he constantly creates narratives that he wants to come true rather than calling the fight as it unfolds, he also talks about himself a lot.

Sure if all you want to get out of the commentary is "THUG ROOOOOOOSE THUG ROOOOSE", your IQ is below 90 and you have no interest in learning anything about the techniques and strategies that are unfolding in front of you, then you're better off with someone else. I myself love his commentary because he is the only one who seems to want to educate the audience in all aspects of mma. That's what color commentary should be. Sure he has his ups and downs but who doesn't. Every commentator done a shit job at one point in his career. On a good night he is easily the best commentator in the UFC though.

You nailed the part about Cormier. He is the worst and most unprofessional commentator I ever heard at the pro sports level.

Cruz fucking sucks last weekends ufc was a fight companion ting for me.

Color commentator?
Tyron-Woodley-Calls-UFC-RACIST-Talks-Kelvin-Gastelum-BEEF-Image-3730254.jpg

I think he is a great analyst, but not the best at commentating live, which requires a different set of skills.

Which is fine.

He was better this weekend...he tried to explain why under hooks were important rather than just saying "under hooks" over and over. Still not the best. I like DC and Hardy. I used to reflect fondly on Mir commentating for the WEC, but I saw him on the mic for some promotion recently and he was very awkward

Cruz definitely offers the most accurate and detailed fight analysis. I think his insight into what is going on during a fight- what a fighter is trying to do or needs to do- is impressive.

I do kind of see the other side too where we might not have been getting the best technical breakdown, but I used to feel a lot more hyped up during fights when it was Rogan and Goldy yelling out of my TV.

It just comes down to what you’re looking for when you watch fights. Some people prefer the analysis, some people prefer the hype.

Cruz probably gives the best technical analysis, but DC is the best overall.

DC offers technique, has infectious enthusiasm, and is an entertaining personality. Cards are way more fun with him around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back