Cruz: DC set a trap to KO Stipe

Stipe fought terribly, low IQ, ran directly at D.C. non stop

It was a brain fart

He thought he was going to walk through D.C.

I wish I know more about these technical terms of wrestling to understand what he's saying. But appreciate analysis like this from Cruz

Stipe has a weak chin for a hw his days are numbered at the top for sure not because of his skill set but because he gets dropped in every fight now, Slurs his words, not good

Stipe has a weak chin for a hw his days are numbered at the top for sure not because of his skill set but because he gets dropped in every fight now, Slurs his words, not good

Weak chin for a heavyweight? Well Ngannou couldn't KO stipe and he threw 100% of everything he had, so much so, that he was exhausted and done by the end of round 1.

I think Stipe did go down very fast in that Cormier fight, but it was because he got hit by a bunch of shots leading up to that point, then a shot came that he didn't see.

Yep, as usual it's all or nothing at Sherdog...not the champ? Must be a bum.

plot twist traps were successful eyepokes

It took a precise plan that involved tricking him into moving into the punch (and possibly eyepoking him to reduce his peripheral vision: the hardest punch is the one you don't see!), and DC broke his hand with the effort. I wouldn't conclude "pff! weak chin he's on the decline" from that. And I CERTAINLY wouldn't say that based on his speech, the guy's been mush-mouthed from the beginning.

Say what? Stipe has a decent chin. Ate plenty of Francis' shots without much issue and also took punishment previously well. That's just HWs man - 250-265lbs men throwing their weight around, when they hit you it's going to be lights out more often that not no matter how good your chin is.

As for his speech, Stipe has spoken like that for a long time and him sounding like a lifelong smoker doesn't help make him more understandable.

Cruz is one of, if not the best analyst.

His knowledge of the fight game is so vast and his ability to interpret it is better than most. He fought with the smartest style seen in the cage as well, a lot of people talked shit on it, but he dominated while not taking damage and making opponents look silly in there at the same time.

Weak chin for a heavyweight? Well Ngannou couldn't KO stipe and he threw 100% of everything he had, so much so, that he was exhausted and done by the end of round 1.

I think Stipe did go down very fast in that Cormier fight, but it was because he got hit by a bunch of shots leading up to that point, then a shot came that he didn't see.

Cormiers shots were clearly bothering him, and the shot that dropped him was like some classic mark hunt shit

El Domin8or is easily the best MMA analyst in the game lads! Dude is sharp.

DC allowed Stipe to win the first wrestling exchange, where Stipe got too comfortable in the close range/clinch ties. He employed a strategy in the second Rumble fight after he nearly got knocked out from Rumbles opening blitz.

images

I believe the first wrestling exchange changed everything. Stipe lost respect for DCs striking and grappling. He neglects using his jab and constantly plods into DC with power punches.

DC is obviously on another level in the clinch, and Stipe is TOO easy to hit.( he gets hurt or dropped in nearly every fight).

ANYONE who thought Stipes mediocre wrestling creds stood a chance against a REAL wrestler had a huge wake up call. I’ve always said Cain would flatten Stipe for this same reason.

screen-shot-2018-07-08-at-1-03-24-am.png

bruh.. what?

his chin is great for a heavyweight lol

ANYONE who thought Stipes mediocre wrestling creds stood a chance against a REAL wrestler had a huge wake up call. I’ve always said Cain would flatten Stipe for this same reason.

this fight had 0 (zero) wrestling

stipe ran into the clinch like he was going to touch cormier and put him out from the first exchange

stipe deserves the rematch

this fight had 0 (zero) wrestling

stipe ran into the clinch like he was going to touch cormier and put him out from the first exchange

stipe deserves the rematch

Umm no.. it had a very thorough wrestling exchange right from the BEGINNING. They tie against the cage, DC gives up the underhook, Stipe gets the body lock and takes down DC who pops right back up.

From that moment on Stipe neglects his distance management, jab, and plods into DC with telegraphed, power punches in nearly every exchange. Also tries to bully DC in the clinch on the way out of those exchanges. He got lured into a false sense of security with his mediocre wrestling creds lol.

How does a guy with THIS kind of reach advantage...

10797539_web1_MMA-UFC226_070718ev_055.jpg

Get popped like this?
LDN-L-UFC226-53-0708.jpg

The answer? Having no respect for DCs short range game.

PS Collar Ties ARE wrestling 101 ya goof.

daniel-cormier--ko-miocic.gif

Umm no.. it had a very thorough wrestling exchange right from the BEGINNING. They tie against the cage, DC gives up the underhook, Stipe gets the body lock and takes down DC who pops right back up.

From that moment on Stipe neglects his distance management, jab, and plods into DC with telegraphed, power punches in nearly every exchange. Also tries to bully DC in the clinch on the way out of those exchanges. He got lured into a false sense of security with his mediocre wrestling creds lol.

How does a guy with THIS kind of reach advantage...

10797539_web1_MMA-UFC226_070718ev_055.jpg

Get popped like this?
LDN-L-UFC226-53-0708.jpg

The answer? Having no respect for DCs short range game.

PS Collar Ties ARE wrestling 101 ya goof.

daniel-cormier--ko-miocic.gif
what you are right about is that the story of the fight was stipe disrespecting cormier and thinking he was going to walk through him

he came into the fight like that

I wouldn’t necessarily call it a trap because it’s one of DC’s go to positions. The finish of that fight shows you some flaws in Miocic’s camp. They were not prepared for that position at all.

It reminded me of Rich Franklin and Anderson Silva when rich post fight said that he wanted to clinch and would be the better fighter there.

Back