Cruz Beats Up a self-proclaimed "Real-Life Ninja"...(+video)

I always get an uneasy feeling about it when I see professional fighters vs amateurs.

I guess you never played the Ninja Gaiden games. Ninjas can attack tanks and helicopters head on and cut them in half with katanas. They also know ninja magic called Ninpo. An MMA fighter should be no match for a real ninja.
MMA rules currently don't allow katanas.

Like 2008. Dude did pretty good for a random guy off the streets.

Just Bleed ref. Surprised he didn't disqualify Pat Smith for quitting.

It was UFC 2. Refs couldn't stop fights until one fighter's corner threw in the towel. "Watch your fighter!" was one of Big John's catchphrases back in the day. :)

Damn I forgot how brutal that one was. What kind of person knocks a retarded guy out and stomps him after he says he is done when you are in a dojo? That's some psycho shit.

Yea the knees to the head after he dropped him was unecessary, he wanted to do it and was enjoying himself.

Pros should have enough sense about them not to beat up the occasional jackass who likely suffers from mental health issues... Even amateurs or TMA students with a little training on ethics and self confidence should have the good sense to talk a situation down.

Cruz is an elite fighter, no need to beat up street ninjas.

In defense of the Ninja, Dominick Cruz is one of the best fighters in the world, even back then. He would finish 99% of Sherdoggers quicker than that. I'm guessing said Ninja would actually beat most Sherdoggers asses as well.

He couldn't even finish a ninja off the street.

Yeah, this guy must have left all his cool ninja shit at home.

I'm not going to lie, my friends and I all bought the ninja outfits complete with wooden ninja swords when we were 13-14. We used to run around and sneak into people's houses until one day we got caught by the homeowner in his house. He chased us through the patio door and into his backyard, we all jumped over the chain link fence, and as I swung over the top of the fence, the ninja gi got caught on the fence and upended me. I fell down all fucked up and broke my arm LOL.

I'm not going to lie, my friends and I all bought the ninja outfits complete with wooden ninja swords when we were 13-14. We used to run around and sneak into people's houses until one day we got caught by the homeowner in his house. He chased us through the patio door and into his backyard, we all jumped over the chain link fence, and as I swung over the top of the fence, the ninja gi got caught on the fence and upended me. I fell down all fucked up and broke my arm LOL.

You should have just used the smoke ball.

You should have just used the smoke ball.

LOL spent all my cash on the gi, ninja hood, and the black wooden ninja sword. Don't even get me started when we bought BB guns and used to have BB gun wars... And no bullshit, of course someone got shot in the eye.

I always get an uneasy feeling about it when I see professional fighters vs amateurs.

I agree but also understand it to some degree. Almost every gym gets these guys and it's hard to know how to handle it. People are generally as nice as possible until a breaking point. Some guy tells you he can beat you up with his TMA and shows up at your gym talking trash regularly. Eventually someone will decide to teach him a lesson. A lot of the time a few people gently show them they aren't as tough as they think but the message doesn't get through until they get an ass kicking. In Doms defense the guy did look a weight class or two bigger and Dom kept it fairly friendly.

LOL spent all my cash on the gi, ninja hood, and the black wooden ninja sword. Don't even get me started when we bought BB guns and used to have BB gun wars... And no bullshit, of course someone got shot in the eye.

I was a ninja every Halloween from when I was 5 until I was 14. I loved my ninja costume. We used to bb gun fight in the house with a 4 pump max rule. Still broke skin and stuck in the walls but just soft enough to avoid the hospital.

It was UFC 2. Refs couldn't stop fights until one fighter's corner threw in the towel. "Watch your fighter!" was one of Big John's catchphrases back in the day. :)
Uhhhh...i don't think that's true.

Some people have to learn the hard way, even when they should most definitely know better.

I saw that a long time ago. That video literally made me sick, as well as fucking furious.

Back