Cruz beats TJ, and TJ beats Cody, but Cody beats Cruz

dillashaw beats cruz easily in a rematch. wait and see. also dillashaw BW GOAT and p4p #1

Cruz is 33 coming off another 2 year layoff. At some point all those injuries and mileage will wear on him. I would take TJ in a rematch.

TJ/Cruz is the next fight to book, and I'd take TJ in it. Cruz was already looking slower and more immobile against Garbrandt, and the difference between Garbrandt's tighter boxing and Cruz' looping strikes was beginning to show that the game is catching up to him. Still I think a lot of it came down to gameplans: Cogar made Cruz come to him while TJ came for Cruz, and Cruz works the best when you're trying to catch him and not the other way.

Cruz is not dumb enough to sit in front of anyone to load up and try to throw sloppy bombs. However, Cody is fast enough to keep up with Cruz, yet at the same time, Cruz does not have the power to take advantage of Cody's weaker chin, its like a brutal cycle of these 3 guys thats probably going to continue for a while.
I just think that Dillashaw had an off night against Cruz. Many thought he beat Cruz too. Fighters arent always 100% every fight lol

Snooze hasnt even fought in 2 years and got battered by the guy TJ smoked twice. He wont stand and bang tho he'll do his point fighting and try to squeak out another split.

ppl not giving Cruz a chance in a rematch vs TJ are insane lmao... People bringing up Cruz age, bruh he hardly has fought and has been in 0 wars.... He is like 25 in fight years, probably can tack on a few due to injuries, but he looked good after that long recovery...

Cruz is a beast, and people not giving him the GOAT status of that division are plain silly, TJ needs to win for the next 2-3 years to be the best of all time...Cruz was a beast during his reign and it wasnt even close.

The reason Cruz beats TJ is because Cruz is very smart, Cody could beat TJ, but Cody is a meat head and simply not smart enough to be able to keep his composure and use technique for 5 rounds... Cruz could do it for 10..... Thats the difference...

I agree with everyone saying TJ won the first one, and if they were to fight again, TJ will dominate him. Cruz has had so many injuries and foot problems, he will never be the Cruz of old. It is time to move on.

Quick little breakdown:

Cody is a more skilled and athletic fighter than TJ, though it is close, the Cruz fights are evidence of this. TJ got inside Cody's head and that's why he KO'd him twice. Cody has the skills to beat TJ but never will until he matures mentally.

Cody was doing fine in this rematch until he left himself open wildly trying to take TJ's head off early, that's when TJ found a perfect counter that led to the finish.

McGregor, Anderson, Jones all have one thing that made them above all else and the absolute elite of their weight class, mind games. Mark Delograte talked about how Anderson would beat guys at the weigh ins on Rogans podcast, Mcgregor made Aldo run right into a big counter, Jones is the only man to beat Cormier for a reason.

Never underestimate the mind games of this sport.

Crazy stylistic matchup between these three. TJ might be in a better place than Dom tho, enough so to beat him the second fight

TJ has always come in vastly improved in every single rematch he's been in. Assuncao, Barao, and now Cody. With Cruz, I'd expect no less.

Ball-travels-around-impossible-triangle.gif

I think TJ beats Cruz in a rematch, he has too many nagging injuries and has been on the sidelines for too long.

Cruz is not dumb enough to sit in front of anyone to load up and try to throw sloppy bombs. However, Cody is fast enough to keep up with Cruz, yet at the same time, Cruz does not have the power to take advantage of Cody's weaker chin, its like a brutal cycle of these 3 guys thats probably going to continue for a while.

Cruz should not have had that decision vs TJ. TJ is the best in the division and there is no disputing that.

lol @ some of you making excuses for Cruz's loss to Cody. It's 2016 all over again...

has everyone forgotten about marlon moraes?

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing that and Cody/Cruz 2, people other than Dillashaw actually earning shots at the belt would be nice rather than people getting shots coming off of bad loses.

As far as TJ/Cruz goes that was quite clearly FAR closer than the other fights in question, I think a TJ that follows his tactic latter in the fight and attacks Dom's legs forcing him to come forward has an excellent chance at winning.

Back