Cruikshank looks like he figured out how to put some power into his strikes..

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
Which is what TKD base guys need to do when they transition. If DC mixes in more power with his attacks, like he did tonight, he will have a lot more success going forward. Dude had like one pretty bad fight vs Makdessi, where it looked like he wasn't putting enough power on his strikes and Makdessi just walked him down. But I saw tonight on some kicks, and even some punches, that Daron is throwing with some more power now.

Yeah he looked really good. He's someone to keep an eye on. He's moving up.

Cruickshank vs Barbosa next..

He looked great tonight, always a fun fighter and I enjoy his interviews, one of the few fighters I will listen to on Beatdown and not fast forward through.

Koch is actually really good, tbh. That's kind of why I was impressed. I would think Koch himself would beat Makdessi pretty convincingly.

He could barely land without power against Makdessi, much less with it. I attribute that to the difference in boxing skill though.

It seems like when he fights a guy like Makdessi or Yves their footwork gives him fits and he has trouble landing anything clean. Martins footwork troubled him but in a different way because Martins cut him off and walked him down. I think as his boxing gets better he'll be able to use his kicks even more because he won't always be getting out punched. it seemed better tonight.

Such a fun fighter to watch, it was great seeing him get the finish against someone like Koch.

Back