Crowd Sourcing Funds for White Rhino Protection

weich

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I think this is an interesting crowd source venture, and if you put in $150 you can name an animal which you'll eventually receive updates on and be able to track.

At the Ol Pejeta Conservancy in Kenya, there are 4 Northern White rhinos. Those 4 rhinos constitute 57% of the total North White rhino population

How about instead of me giving them 150 dollars...

I loan them 150 bucks and they pay me back with interest when they do something that people would find useful with these creatures?

Like you know: Photo safaris or some shit?

I have 150 spare dollars. But I have no desire to just give it away. I want fucking monentary reward.

Yeah, let's just make the WWF and all other animal protection agencies public entities so we can buy stock and get a "monentary" reward in return. :rolleyes:

Or, you could just hope that future generations will be able to see the same animals we can see, and donate a small amount of money to try and help.

I'm not rich and I do not see how it is incompatible with a love of animals to make money off them.

It isn't more virtuous to give charity when you can also make a buck doing something you find of worth.

I disagree. Choosing to donate money to charity instead of making a profit with it is a text book example of virtuosity.

Further more, people making money off the Rhinos is the exact reason they are nearly extinct in the first place.

Why's it gotta be white what's wrong with black rhinos bro

Animals go extinct sometimes. That's life. Shit happens. Why in the blue hell would I give them $150 to name a rhino and get pictures?...of a rhino. That's retarded.

Animals go extinct sometimes. That's life. Shit happens. Why in the blue hell would I give them $150 to name a rhino and get pictures?...of a rhino. That's retarded.

We tend to help things along a bit too eagerly though. Killing a creature just to grind up its horn and snort it or use it as a buttplug or whatever it is they do with it is hardly a good reason to go extinct.

We tend to help things along a bit too eagerly though. Killing a creature just to grind up its horn and snort it or use it as a buttplug or whatever it is they do with it is hardly a good reason to go extinct.

I don't disagree with that. The last time I went poaching was NEVER. Maybe wildlife rangers should put a dent in the human population? There are way too many of us anyway. I wouldn't be mad if poachers turned up missing. If they took my $150 and gave to the wildlife rangers so they could buy high-powered scopes, it would be worth it.

Fight fire with fire.

Back