Crowd Sourcing Funds for White Rhino Protection

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by weich, Dec 23, 2012.

1. weich

weich Silver Belt

I think this is an interesting crowd source venture, and if you put in $150 you can name an animal which you'll eventually receive updates on and be able to track.

2. MASShole

MASShole Get it?

Yeah, let's just make the WWF and all other animal protection agencies public entities so we can buy stock and get a "monentary" reward in return. :rolleyes:

Or, you could just hope that future generations will be able to see the same animals we can see, and donate a small amount of money to try and help.

3. weich

weich Silver Belt

I disagree. Choosing to donate money to charity instead of making a profit with it is a text book example of virtuosity.

Further more, people making money off the Rhinos is the exact reason they are nearly extinct in the first place.

4. RyanR

RyanR Black Belt

Why's it gotta be white what's wrong with black rhinos bro

5. DarkBlack454**

DarkBlack454** Banned Banned

Animals go extinct sometimes. That's life. Shit happens. Why in the blue hell would I give them $150 to name a rhino and get pictures?...of a rhino. That's retarded.

6. Vitamin C

Vitamin C Black Belt

We tend to help things along a bit too eagerly though. Killing a creature just to grind up its horn and snort it or use it as a buttplug or whatever it is they do with it is hardly a good reason to go extinct.

7. DarkBlack454**

DarkBlack454** Banned Banned

I don't disagree with that. The last time I went poaching was NEVER. Maybe wildlife rangers should put a dent in the human population? There are way too many of us anyway. I wouldn't be mad if poachers turned up missing. If they took my $150 and gave to the wildlife rangers so they could buy high-powered scopes, it would be worth it.

Fight fire with fire.