Crossfit joke video

Here you go.

Funny as fuck.....

But in all seriousness, why do some people have a beef with the crossfitters?

It genuinely seems like a good, well rounded program. I suppose because Im from the UK I really dont come across many of them.

Last edited:
But in all seriousness, why do some people have a beef with the crossfitters?

It genuinely seems like a good, well rounded program. I suppose because Im from the UK I really dont come across many of them.

The short answer is that (ignoring all the other things that can be criticized) Crossfit lacks periodization, doesn't take into account individual goals, strengths, weaknesses, any past issues, or the type of training that most benefits the individual. Instead people should train in a way that's specific to their own goals, and takes the elements previously mentioned into account.

Long Answer:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/truth-about-crossfit-904215/index3.html
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f12/crossfit-vs-regular-strength-conditioning-routine-891674/
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/crossfit-stength-1022055/
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/crossfit-endurance-768308/
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/your-input-towards-crossfit-type-training-665725/

And there's more. Just google "Sherdog" and "Crossfit".

This thread needs more hot CF chicks:

mirandaalasad.jpg

Its funny..from what Ive read and baring in mind there are very few crossfitters in the UK..... I actually think its pretty good.

For the vast majority of the population it offers something...... well rounded athleticism..... which really is all that most people need. And sure you might not end up great at any one thing... but hey.... Im a Darwinist and so believe adaptability is the greatest trait to have.

I would say that though I dont like...

1) The idea of high rep OL

2) The lack of 'progressibility'

Woah. Just watching the initial video and reading the background story to it was enough. The CrossFit industry is seriously fucked. I've got nothing against the excercises themselves, but I won't be touching any affiliation with a 10-foot pole.

The short answer is that (ignoring all the other things that can be criticized) Crossfit lacks periodization, doesn't take into account individual goals, strengths, weaknesses, any past issues, or the type of training that most benefits the individual. Instead people should train in a way that's specific to their own goals, and takes the elements previously mentioned into account.

Actually, in my experience, the things you just said that they don't do in crossfit gyms are exactly what I've found that they DO. You most certainly take into account your individual goals, any issues you may have, and the prescribed workouts are often altered to fit the individual.

Granted, it IS all under a GPP standard of measure, but once someone can handle the recommended workouts you can either strive to improve time/reps in a GPP fashion, or alter the weights/etc to work toward more specific goals (more weight for more strength, etc).

Will you be as strong under a barbell as a powerlifter or run as far as a marathoner? No, but if specific performance is your goal you should train like it is and the crossfit setup isn't likely for you.

I personally like it because I go harder in a group setting, the coaches I've worked with were extremely good, the workouts whip my ass, the GPP is perfect compliment to jujitsu, and I don't have to go near a commercial gym and wait for a damn cage to squat while some douchebag does curls in it.

That's been my experience, YMMV.

EDIT: and yes, Crossfit broads are generally HOT :)

I really want to see one of those hitler subtitle movies for crossfit, I could only find one on "thrusters."

Yeah, not all affiliations are all fucked, but some are really retarded. Some take no strength.

Crossfit started with excellent goals in mind but they have gotten carried away in some gyms.

I mean they chased away Rippetoe or at least boxed him out where he doesn't even help them anymore.

You need to look at each individual gym, if they have just one barbell and all kettlebells walk away and find another gym that emphasizes barbell training.

Also interview the instructor or coach. Ask them some serious strength questions, how often do they strength train or do they just do hitt? What type of strength training do they do? What types of lifts do they do? Why do they choose these lifts and exclude others? Depending on your goals most good x-fit coaches will work with you.

Shit needs to change in the x-fit community and good people leaving will not help. The douche bags will ruin it and that will be it.

Actually, in my experience, the things you just said that they don't do in crossfit gyms are exactly what I've found that they DO. You most certainly take into account your individual goals, any issues you may have, and the prescribed workouts are often altered to fit the individual.

Granted, it IS all under a GPP standard of measure, but once someone can handle the recommended workouts you can either strive to improve time/reps in a GPP fashion, or alter the weights/etc to work toward more specific goals (more weight for more strength, etc).

Will you be as strong under a barbell as a powerlifter or run as far as a marathoner? No, but if specific performance is your goal you should train like it is and the crossfit setup isn't likely for you.

Well in that case you probably go to an exceptionally good crossfit affiliate if they do all those things (and do them well). And Crossfit would get a lot less flak here if they were all like that, with quality trainers, and flexible WODs. But that's not the case for the majority of affiliates, or for people who follow WODs on line.

Well in that case you probably go to an exceptionally good crossfit affiliate if they do all those things (and do them well). And Crossfit would get a lot less flak here if they were all like that, with quality trainers, and flexible WODs. But that's not the case for the majority of affiliates, or for people who follow WODs on line.

I suppose I do, both my current affiliate and the first that I trained in operate just like I said. If they had been like what you described, I would have walked out and never went back.

My only real problem is that crossfit (at least around here) doesn't teach technique before they put you in a class, so a bunch of beginners are potentially hurting themselves with horrible squat, clean, DL etc. technique rushing through all their high speed exercises.

Back