Cross-fit

I see nothing wrong with joining a crossfit gym just to learn the movements then quitting when proficient.

I see nothing wrong with joining a crossfit gym just to learn the movements then quitting when proficient.

I agree. Assuming the instructors know what they're doing.

bacon said:
Yes. I never forget stuff like that, sonny.
that's rEmy, not Sonny, pay attention.

I have to say, this has been a lot more productive than previous x-fit threads, some people have made legitimate arguments and no-one has said "Ohmygawd, x-fit is so super awesome, those guys are just amazingly awesomely strong!!!1!one1!!".

I would ad my opinion on crossfit, but I've posted it so often there's really no point.

that's rEmy, not Sonny, pay attention.

I have to say, this has been a lot more productive than previous x-fit threads, some people have made legitimate arguments and no-one has said "Ohmygawd, x-fit is so super awesome, those guys are just amazingly awesomely strong!!!1!one1!!".

I would ad my opinion on crossfit, but I've posted it so often there's really no point.

Whatever. They're both azn...

It just seems like so much god damn volume. I have ross's books and i've seen his articles. His routines just seem more simple and more compact while still delivering the same intesnity. The routine posted above just seems like an all out "work till you can't work anymore for the simple sake of pushing yourself to absolute bounds" without any real organization to it.

What he posted was not one workout, but 10 different ones for 10 different days, done 3 on, one off. The average Crossfit workout is done in less than 20 minutes. For instance, the Deadlift was ONE day's workout. Then he listed the next days workout, and so on. Go to their website to see what the workouts look like for yourself.

I'm convinced it's an elaborate joke where one posts pictures and vids of the other and vice versa. Nothing else makes sense.

That would explain a lot. A few years ago Urban said something like, "There are only 3 real accounts in teh S&P. The rest are alts." Just thinking about it blew my mind.

That would explain a lot. A few years ago Urban said something like, "There are only 3 real accounts in teh S&P. The rest are alts." Just thinking about it blew my mind.

*knows who has alt accounts, smiles smugly*

Some of them would really crack you up, one in particular made me fall off my chair laughing.

Ross's workouts make sense to me, after reading through a few of the free posted workouts. The question that I think I needed answered was "what constitutes intensity in the context of endurance." Whereas with pure strength training, intensity is usually defined as a percentage of your one rep max that you're using as resistance, in endurance, it seems to be the work-load that you do, ie w=fxd, as opposed to the duration of the exercise.

I like how he's set them up as challenges, so you could do them at the end of the week, on a saturday or something. Some of them could even be used as cardio during your strength training sessions(perhaps not the deck of cards one).

Sorry mods only, letting everyone know about my favourite of them would spoil the whole point as everyone's reaction everytime he turns up makes me honestly laugh til I cry.

First person I thought of is Keith Wassung. Amirite?

First person I thought of is Keith Wassung. Amirite?

I doubt it. Keith is on a lot of forums, always with the same name. He is widely known and the latest issue of Milo contains one of his articles.

CrossFit forges elite athletes. It works better than natural bodybuilding:

coach.jpg

IMGP0068.JPG

And here in lies my problem with crossfit. Elite fitness you say? Yet the founder looks like this:icon_chee Sure he had a injury, regardless, if you preach fitness, don't look like this.

From reading the website, Crossfit is a large variety of exercises chosen for you to do. It is like having food delivered to your house pre-made with different healthy ingredients. If you want fire-and-forget fitness I see zero problem with crossfit.

Plus, as I recently was made aware by Chase, the guy who "invented" crossfit is a bum.

Not sure if that matters. The best hockey coaches are fat and stephen hawking cant travel at the speed of light... so what LOL

ROSS THE BOSS!

Not sure if that matters. The best hockey coaches are fat and stephen hawking cant travel at the speed of light... so what LOL

He makes strange claims at times. E.g. that doing crossfit will give you a 700lbs. pound deadlift within a year. I don't care how he looks.

Back