CroCop's post - PRIDE conferences

kabanos

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So Mirko posted a comparison of PRIDE and UFC. You probably saw it anyway (pic below).

Made me think - were there actually some PRIDE FC conference brawls*?

*Protip: googling PRIDE FC conference brawl- do not...DO NOT forget the "FC conference" part. I mean you just can't unsee shit...

SmartSelect_20200113-212519_Facebook.jpg

I dont know about conference brawls but wanderlei shoved rampage in the ring after one of rampage's fights. They really hated each other. All in all, it was more respectful because of the different culture which had a bigger focus on martial arts where as in the US its a bigger focus on sports where trash talk is a big part of sports culture

Conor was just showing Khabib his balloon sized foot, nothing wrong there.

pride truly was a spectacle

Cro Cop will now earn the contempt of a few leprechauns.

There's no need for brawling when you have true greatness.

hqdefault.jpg

The brawls between the Hammer Heads and the Chuteboxers were epic. Then you have on the top of my head, the Chuteboxe vs Krazyhorse, Wandy and Arona exchanging plesantries in the weight-ins, Wandy shoving Page... Didn't Gilbert Ivel had some aggro with Wandy too?

CroCop and his shenanigans with the Yaks, helped to fuck pride.

I dont know about conference brawls but wanderlei shoved rampage in the ring after one of rampage's fights. They really hated each other. All in all, it was more respectful because of the different culture which had a bigger focus on martial arts where as in the US its a bigger focus on sports where trash talk is a big part of sports culture

that is one of the most intriguing match-ups ever, in mma. wanderlei owned him in the early stages of their career. and rampage owned him in the latter stages of their career. i am actually happy that rampage was able to at least get one win off him. their recent fight was just kind of weird and embarrassing. wanderlei insisted that they have a fifth fight, which i'm sure they will. whoever wins that last fight, it won't matter. both guys are legends, and they have cemented their legacies for sure!!!! war wand and rampage!!!!

When watching PRIDE FC, you knew you were watching the best fighters from around the world. You didn't need immature special ed retard shenanigans to motivate to tune in.

"My belt, my belt, me belt"...wandy in full animal mode

When watching PRIDE FC, you knew you were watching the best fighters from around the world. You didn't need immature special ed retard shenanigans to motivate to tune in.

The "fedor emelianenko you are next" thing after crocop beat his brother was epic though...i was pumped like i have never been

When Heath Herring punched that Japanese guy for kissing him, right before the start of the fight, and knocking him out,...has that ever happened in the UFC lol? The gaijin in Pride did just as many disrespectful things as in the UFC, lets not be so naive here.

Chute box for the most part caused the trouble in pride. Can't think of a single post/pre fight brawl that didn't include them.

Gomi attacked a chute box guy after he talked shit to his gym and friends alongside spitting on a picture of gomi

The "fedor emelianenko you are next" thing after crocop beat his brother was epic though...i was pumped like i have never been
Crocop had good reason to be supremely confident. Speed, power, precision, reflexes, uninjured balls & knees.

Stipe Miocic is true Croatian champion

When Heath Herring punched that Japanese guy for kissing him, right before the start of the fight, and knocking him out,...has that ever happened in the UFC lol? The gaijin in Pride did just as many disrespectful things as in the UFC, lets not be so naive here.
Heath vs "Kiss" Nakao actually happened in K1 Hero's, not PRIDE

Back