CroCop what a legend

I've been watching mma since the first UFC in the 90's. watching Crocop in Pride is one of my favorite memories of the sport. Such class too.

Mirko Cro Cop, a true legend.

15781053_1434231813288178_4960279152649344520_n.jpg
Awesome pics

Agreed, I've always said I think he could still avenge a lot of his losses, Nelson and Mir and two I'd back him to win for sure. He will never come back to UFC so unless they leave I don't see it happening.

I think a Fedor rematch is the best fight for him because I think Fedor has declined faster and CC would KO him. A win over Fedor on this recent win streak would look great on Mirkos record.

Mirko proved a lot of people wrong in rematch with gabe . Over the hill but proved first fight to fans . Mirko beats gabe 8/10

Mirko was unlucky with injuries in first UFC run

I was impressed by the win over King Mo, the other two fights were against comparative amateurs who had no real decent wins. It would've been extremely sad if he had've lost either of the other two fights. Still very happy for him though, 3 Cro Cop KOs in two days, what's not to like!

This is a well-reasoned post. I agree wholeheartedly. The Pride Open Weight GP, this wasn't. That said, Mo is no chump, and winning the tourney at 42 is praise worthy.

Mirko proved a lot of people wrong in rematch with gabe . Over the hill but proved first fight to fans . Mirko beats gabe 8/10

Mirko was unlucky with injuries in first UFC run

I don't know if it was injuries, lack of confidence, the cage throwing him off, just a slump or all of the above in the UFC but he didn't look good in fights he should have won even late in his career.

His recent run will do a lot towards his place on the all time greats when history remembers them. Honestly I think he gets so little respect for being a 3 sport athlete. How many on the UFC forum swing off Overeems balls for his k-1 wins?

Crocop was an all time great in both MMA and K-1, how many others can claim that? He fought in the golden age of heavyweight in both sports and came out a legend in both.

Legend.

More than a legend,gladiator.We are witnesses one of the rare,true mma artist of our time.Long career,transition from box ring,K-1,to cage,and his every fight,man,pure adrenaline rush for fans..The end

Maybe he was stripped of the belt when he signed with UFC, IGF belt was not grand prix tournament belt. Just guessing.

If there is a time for going out on top this moght be it. He has nothin left to prove, true legend, single elimination torunament and beat legit guys way younger than him and on the same day. Wow. I would like to see crocop anytime but its hard to top going out like this but i guess he like everyone else is fighting for money not so much for 'going out on top '

I kinda hope he retires for good, like the legend he is.

BTW, I think CC would win a rematch with Fedor. He is looking much sharper lately. I think Fedor is done (unfortunately).

Back