CroCop says goodbye to Kevin Randleman

RIP Monster.

Randleman-jumping.gif

R.I.P. Randleman

Damn, how did he die of heart failure at age 44? That is really young. Randy was still fighting at age 44.
He had a ton of accumulated damage to his body. Weight cutting his whole life, kidney failure in '07, staph infection got him hooked on pain killers which is awful for your heart, and of course PED's. The staph infection and antibiotics for a long time may have forever compromised his immune system so pneumonia was just too much for his high mileage body to handle. You see this happen with people much older than him.

I'm actually sad about this, too. It's sad that this guy literally gave his life to do what he loved.

R.I.P. Randleman

Damn, how did he die of heart failure at age 44? That is really young. Randy was still fighting at age 44.
He was originally brought to the hospital with pneumonia as well, probably played a factor.

Damn ...I remember watching him when I first got hooked on MMA....True Warrior

Definitely remember him fighting back when, the guy was a brutal fighter, top badas+ fighter. But I just cannot get behind how easily ppl praise that suplex. Yeah, great technique but that sh't is disgusting to me. Often the line between sport and gratuitious violence is blurred in mma but with stuff like that suplex its not, thats just wrong to do to a person. Stops being a sport and shouldnt be celebrated.

I saw Kevin fight in Vegas. Never has a "nickname" been so fitting. He was an absolute Monster in the early UFC days. Truly a feared man. If Bas had not been gifted that fight... who knows.....

Pure class by Crocop. Kevin was amazing. Sad day for MMA.

In what way is it bad for the heart ?
A ton of painkillers, including OTC like ibuprofen, have been linked to higher risk of heart attacks.

Mark Kerr had heart failure as well due to the same combination of PED's and painkillers (with other drugs of course).

This article explains why many painkillers can stress the heart, and with long term PED use and weight cutting, his heart had taken a beating. Blood pressure going up and down all the time, dehydration, athletic activities raising heart rate and painkillers lowering it. It's a yo-yo effect and it absolutely does catch up to you.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/163907-bad-side-effects-of-painkillers/

Back