CroCop in talk with big organization.. Might be Bellator

As long as he's motivated, idc where he fights. It would be interesting to see him have a rematch with Kongo though

Would love to see Cro Cop in Bellator. I think he would do well there. And Cro Cop vs Tito would be a fun fight.

The best case scenario for Bellator is he gets ko'd, and in the process some hw prospect gets exposure. I don't want to see that. If he wins, it makes them look even worse than they do now. If a guy 10 years past his prime(albeit a legend), who's been through countless surgeries, been ko'd multiple times in recent years by mid-tier guys, comes in and starts dominating, they wouldn't only appear a notch below UFC, they'd appear several notches below.

Mirko would never pass Volkov, Minakov or Kongo...

besides cc was in his prime one year ago...

How was he in his prime one year ago? Thats laughable. He's been making it by ...just... these last few years. He looks better and slightly less timid then his later ufc days but he is in no way shape or form anywhere even close to his prime.

He should sign for an episode of the Joe Rogan podcast so Joe can have a talk with him.

Cro Cop would likely get an immediate title shot or fight Lashley

How was he in his prime one year ago? Thats laughable. He's been making it by ...just... these last few years. He looks better and slightly less timid then his later ufc days but he is in no way shape or form anywhere even close to his prime.

He won the fucking OWGP in Pride that year. Sherdog is so damn finicky when someone is or isn't in their prime lol.

I actually want to see Cro Cop in Bellator. I think he's still good enough to be champion with the roster they have.

I'm curious if UFC would try to make him an offer to keep him away though. It would be interesting. I could see them offering him a 1 fight deal in the UFC when they go to Croatia and then a Legends contract and put him in an ambassador type role.

one year ago from his fight wiht kongo....it means 2006
My mistake!

He won the fucking OWGP in Pride that year. Sherdog is so damn finicky when someone is or isn't in their prime lol.
Yes he did, but he had an easy road to the final and then beat a barnett that was already destroyed. I believe he was damn good when he won the owgp, but I don't think it was his prime. The man started pro in 1996....

I think he was passed his prime when he won the gp too. His run was what? Minowa (ok...), Yoshida (a fat HW who was entertaining but couldent do much against elites but take a punch), Wand (a seriously tough fighter especially on the juice but not a HW) and Barnett after Barnett and Nog killed each other the same night.

I think he was passed his prime when he won the gp too. His run was what? Minowa (ok...), Yoshida (a fat HW who was entertaining but couldent do much against elites but take a punch), Wand (a seriously tough fighter especially on the juice but not a HW) and Barnett after Barnett and Nog killed each other the same night.

Yoshida wasnt that easy opponent, he was pretty durable and only few managed to finish him. Moreover, he was olympic gold medalist and few times world champion in judo. Wand was heavier than Mirko in that fight so your statement is inaccurate in this case. Yes, Barnett went through war that night, but even Barnett in wheelchair wouldnt be easy opponent, and Mirko went through intense and action packed fight with Wand too. But i do agree that CC wasnt at his peak at owgp. His performance at owgp was the best, but that doesnt necessarily mean that he was physically at his peak. I think that he was ready to die that night and that stance brought him that kind of performance and the belt. He said that he would stop fighting if he didnt won the belt, so that was his day and i truly believe that Mirko was unstoppable that night and that he might have beaten Fedor if they met that night.

Can't see that ending well for cro cop

i like the bellator fights that have been previously mentioned, but i personally would also want to see cro-cop fight in one fc.

if he fights at HW then theres brandon vera, and also james mcsweeney which would make for very interesting fights as all of them are primarily kickboxers.

i just want to see them stand in the middle of the cage and exchange kicks.

No. The guy is WAY too far past his prime, and has suffered too many ko's. Bellator signing him would just make them look even more bush league. It'd be different if it were guys like Brock or Fedor, who although well past prime, can still fight at a relatively high level. I'm a CC fan, btw; it's just he's clearly done competing at a high level in the sport.

Sure, UFC Troll.

I'm a fan and would love to see Tito v. Crop Cop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back