CroCop in talk with big organization.. Might be Bellator

With Crocops recent success in K-1, Japan MMA and Glory (shown on Spike) adding him to the roster would garner attention and make for interesting matches at HW Scott Coker seems to be making big plays for big names like Fedor, Lesnar and former/current pro wrestlers and big name kick-boxers . Crocop Has only over the past few years lost to Alexy (who is looking great lately) I think Mirko would be perfect for Bellator.

As a fan of Mirko, I hope not. At this point of his career kickboxing is better for him, prime Cro cop would have murdered Satoshi with ease, he is not light on his feet anymore.

Why not, their heavyweight division is pretty bad.

I don't see why not, he's gotten a couple wins since leaving the ufc and win or lose it'll be exciting. Doesn't hurt bellator in any way to sign him.

Why not, but like others have said, Cages and Cro Cop dont mix well, he doesnt like being hugged against the fence

How much does be weigh right now? Wish he would cut down to lhw

Alexy and Satoshi got the take downs without any cages and I'm sure that he will fight where the money is regardless of cages or rings.

Crocop should've retired 6 years ago

How much does be weigh right now? Wish he would cut down to lhw

he was ripped and heavier then before, outside ufc drug tests are joke if you know what i mean...

and he will / would never fight outside HW .... and sure it would be disaster for him... even tho he would be big LHW , he is too much static for that kind of fighting

As a fan of Mirko, I hope not. At this point of his career kickboxing is better for him, prime Cro cop would have murdered Satoshi with ease, he is not light on his feet anymore.

I agree, kickboxing would be best for him. He can probably fight against most of top 10 fighters in his division even today. In MMA he could fight only in weaker organizations in Japan and Europe.

No. The guy is WAY too far past his prime, and has suffered too many ko's. Bellator signing him would just make them look even more bush league. It'd be different if it were guys like Brock or Fedor, who although well past prime, can still fight at a relatively high level. I'm a CC fan, btw; it's just he's clearly done competing at a high level in the sport.

No. The guy is WAY too far past his prime, and has suffered too many ko's. Bellator signing him would just make them look even more bush league. It'd be different if it were guys like Brock or Fedor, who although well past prime, can still fight at a relatively high level. I'm a CC fan, btw; it's just he's clearly done competing at a high level in the sport.
HW division in Bellator is not exactly high level.

I say sign him. A finish is assured. He typically never goes to a decision whether it's him or his opponent getting finished.

HW division in Bellator is not exactly high level.

The best case scenario for Bellator is he gets ko'd, and in the process some hw prospect gets exposure. I don't want to see that. If he wins, it makes them look even worse than they do now. If a guy 10 years past his prime(albeit a legend), who's been through countless surgeries, been ko'd multiple times in recent years by mid-tier guys, comes in and starts dominating, they wouldn't only appear a notch below UFC, they'd appear several notches below.

The best case scenario for Bellator is he gets ko'd, and in the process some hw prospect gets exposure. I don't want to see that. If he wins, it makes them look even worse than they do now. If a guy 10 years past his prime(albeit a legend), who's been through countless surgeries, been ko'd multiple times in recent years by mid-tier guys, comes in and starts dominating, they wouldn't only appear a notch below UFC, they'd appear several notches below.

/thread

Back