Crocop fans - when did you accept CC was done as a top fighter?

After the 06 GP. He actually said he would retire if he didn't win. Passion was long gone before he came to the UFC.

Anderson silva said he was about to retire in 2006, couture retired then won hw belt, many top fighters talk about retirement that doesnt mean they suddenly lose their will to win and skills overnight, cro cop never won a championship belt so he had still a lot of to accomplish (gp belt is nice but its not up there as championship belt, i mean kazuo misaki won pride gp belt).

cro cop comes to ufc wins his first fight and he is the man on a mission loses his next and he is out of prime and washed out, nog comes to ufc wins interim belt he is the man loses next fight and he is all washed up and past his prime, lol

Reem is when I thought he was really done.

Anderson silva said he was about to retire in 2006, couture retired then won hw belt, many top fighters talk about retirement that doesnt mean they suddenly lose their will to win and skills overnight, cro cop never won a championship belt so he had still a lot of to accomplish (gp belt is nice but its not up there as championship belt, i mean kazuo misaki won pride gp belt).

cro cop comes to ufc wins his first fight and he is the man on a mission loses his next and he is out of prime and washed out, nog comes to ufc wins interim belt he is the man loses next fight and he is all washed up and past his prime, lol

The UFC is a different beast. That much is evident. Some can handle the beast (Lesnar), and some can't (CroCop).

the eddie sanchez fight, he wasnt the killer he normally was, despite the TKO. I didnt think hed get brutally kod his next fight, but I wasn't sold on him competing for a belt after that, the Gonzaga fight sealed it. However, I've never stopped cheering him and will always be a big CC fan.

Agreed, he wasn't the same. Athletes like that don't ever return to their former glory.

After the 06 gp I could tell he didnt have his heart as much into it anymore.
And the transition to the new UFC-scene with cage and the change of audience from civilized educated japanese crowds to slurring drunk just-bleed herpaderps may have part in it as well.

Very thankful to Mirko though, one of my all-time favorite fighters, all respect to him!

It wasn't meant to be an excuse. I'm just saying he lost his passion to train correctly and fight like he did. Without fear. Money can influence people to do something they don't really care about anymore

When he lost to Kongo. I was hoping the Gonzaga KO was just a fluke but when Kongo dominated him I knew he was getting to old & beat up.

the eddie sanchez fight, he wasnt the killer he normally was, despite the TKO. I didnt think hed get brutally kod his next fight, but I wasn't sold on him competing for a belt after that, the Gonzaga fight sealed it. However, I've never stopped cheering him and will always be a big CC fan.

he tkoed sanchez without problems, its not like sanchez was a can and cro cop should have finished him in 10 sec, everybody was setting him up for a fight with couture after the sanchez fight.

for me it was somewhere between kongo/overeem

gonzoga took his kicking ability forever.

His kicks were maybe 50 % after this KO

the pat barry fight, cro cop got knocked down like 3 times and barry didn't react out of respect. barry could have easily finished that fight.

After the 06 gp I could tell he didnt have his heart as much into it anymore.
And the transition to the new UFC-scene with cage and the change of audience from civilized educated japanese crowds to slurring drunk just-bleed herpaderps may have part in it as well.

Very thankful to Mirko though, one of my all-time favorite fighters, all respect to him!

those slurring drunk derps is the reason ufc is still around, those rednecks were the main reason ufc made it through when it should have been bagged and tagged years ago so educated audience like yourself can watch that shit today.

japanese fans being respectful is also nonsense, watch when one of japanese fighters starts winning a fight and the whole audience goes berserk cheering for japanese fighter to finish the other guy, ex: when fujita made fedor do the stanky leg, when kazuo misaki said some racist bs to akiyama (who is of korean descent) and audience supported that shit.

Gonzaga dominated him and showed the best performance of his life. Legit loss.
Kongo-loss was a joke. If you get hit in the groin several times and get no rest...nothing more to say.
Overeem seemed to dominate CC, but we will never know...that groin kick was freaking aaaautsch.
Mir fight was on short notice. Mirko showed great defense and made a huge mistake - got ko'ed.
Schaub - Mirko on the way to a UD-win...huge mistake - perfct shot by Schaub.
Nelson - Mirko better in the standup with one arm, no chance to defend himself on the ground, nevertheless almost tko'ed Nelson.

It's not that CC is totally done...but he definitivley lost his fire in the UFC after Gonzaga, especially after Kongo-desaster.

Mirko seems to have huge fun since leaving the UFC. He fought solid competition in K1 and will step up in 2013 (Mirko wants to fight Saki in march...). If you think Loren and Blake are jokes, then take a research and watch the fights. Mirkos speed and strength are not gone. Sefo-fight was interesting, since even the "old" Sefo can KO every guy on the planet and got totaly dominated by Mirko. The NYE fight with the Sumo was just an easy paycheck (wasn't small for sure), because K1 GP wasn't held...

I would say he was mainly done mentally in the UFC (of course his body is also getting older), but regained some fire after the UFC. Let's see what happens in 2013. I don't think that he will ever make a run in the UFC, but he can still beat any HW outside the UFC (I only don't know if he can compete with TOP10 in the UFC..). We will have alot fun with CC in 2013 I think (K1 & MMA). Arlovski-CC at the end of 2013 would be sooooo sweet!!!

Kongo was final nail in coffin for me.

once he stopped kicking. I am not sure if it was the gonzaga fight or before, but his kicks to the head were no more. So his knees were shot sometime then....same thing with shogun, he doesn't kick like he use to...its not the same shogun.

he stopped kicking after gonzaga took him down and gnped him that lead to the cro cop being crocopped later in fight. same reason bigfoot is not going to throw any more kicks if he fights cain again. btw cro cop kicks are back he is 3-0 in k-1 in past year.

Back