Cro Cop's team member on Fedor fight:One significant mistake was made

See my sig

Show me one moment in the entire fight where cro cop was legitimately hurt, like fedor was hurt here:

giphy.gif

Fedor did the stanky leg chicken dance here. That's why he chose to lay on cro cop for the rest of the fight and never stand with him again.

Show me one moment in the entire fight where cro cop was legitimately hurt, like fedor was hurt here:

giphy.gif

Fedor did the stanky leg chicken dance here. That's why he chose to lay on cro cop for the rest of the fight and never stand with him again.
Well then if he couldnt hurt mirko,I guess mirko should have had no trouble beating him.

<Fedor23>

The problem with Mirko has always been that he’s insufferably arrogant. He was a guest on this same show twice and when ask about the quality of his coaches, he said that he never had a coach, only pad holders. That there’s nothing anyone can teach him. The host asked him about Stipe Drvis, his boxing coach, a former WBA LHW World champion. Mirko laughed at him and said, Stipe?!? you really think he can teach me anything?

Mirko never listened to advice, for example, in the Magomedov fight, this guest, Vlado Bozic, continually repeated “circle to your right” for the entire duration of the fight yet Mirko continued to circle left into the power right hand of Magomedov. Countless examples like that.

Never went to a training camp instead he created training camps by inviting people into his home gym. He personally picked his sparring partners, etc...

The guy had all the tools in the World but he was never humble enough to continue to learn and improve.

Strange attitude considering he wasn't undefeated or anything like that.

Strange attitude considering he wasn't undefeated or anything like that.
Absolutely. GSP had the humility to learn kicks from Joe Rogan. I can imagine Crocop’s reaction if he was in a similar situation.

I was a moderator at Crocop’s now defunct NOKAUT forum for years, i had a good relationship with Slaven Vujic who was his official merchandiser from 2003-2007 and the forum’s owner, so i had first hand info of his preparations for a long time. Basically from his K-1 days right up to his loss to Cheick Kongo.

Crocop got me into kickboxing then MMA. I love the guy. He just never reached his potential because he never wanted to get out of his comfort zone.

Fedor had decades of grappling experience on Cro Cop.
Remember what happened when fedor fought a guy with a similar length of grappling experience?

tumblr_mnzyjeQMmP1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Fedor Will always be my son

— Fabricio Werdum (@FabricioWerdum) August 22, 2020

<Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23>
Crocop had decades of striking experience on Fedor. He had a good 5 mins to do something before he panic wrestled Fedor and didnt do much other than ever so slightly bruise Fedors nose

<Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23>

lol @ the jet lag excuse but double lol @ suggesting jet lag gets worse staying in the place longer. No one in human history says that with a straight face... that 10 days in a place is worse jet lag than 3 days. No one except CC's coach. It doesn't even come close to making any sort of logical sense.

Crocop had decades of striking experience on Fedor. He had a good 5 mins to do something before he panic wrestled Fedor and didnt do much other than ever so slightly bruise Fedors nose

<Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23>

Didn't do much? He stunned fedor.

giphy.gif

Which is why Fedor didn't want any part of the standup for the rest of the fight. Fedor never hurt Cro cop on the feet. So your sig is bullshit. Show me one moment where Fedor actually had Cro Cop hurt on the feet. I'll wait.
<Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23>

Didn't do much? He stunned fedor.

giphy.gif

Which is why Fedor didn't want any part of the standup for the rest of the fight. Fedor never hurt Cro cop on the feet. So your sig is bullshit. Show me one moment where Fedor actually had Cro Cop hurt on the feet. I'll wait.
<Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23>
Sig is so exquisitely correct. He could have made street pizza out of the croat on the ground or taken a limb or choked him,but his hands were broken. Despite all this,mirko still could not beat Fedor with 2 broken hands. Perhaps next time fedor could tie a arm behind his back to make it more fair.

<Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23><Fedor23>

He just never reached his potential because he never wanted to get out of his comfort zone.

No. Because Pride went under at the worst time, when he was supposed to rematch Fedor, who would have obligation in Pride to fight him again. He was not lucky enough to have his entire career in the ring. And he was also no allowed to compete at K-1 at the time when Bonjasky and Musasi were in final 2 years in the row.

Even if Mirko have trained at AKA, been roomate with Cormier and eat kebabs with Khabib, nothing would have helped him enough in such hostile rules and such big round space with wire like cage.
Cro Cop simply could not use his best skills in cage that turns MMA fight into wrestling match on the wire, and where opponents can make wide criclings away from his left leg and arm all the time. He would have to completely change his style to fence clincher, and spend his energy on walling, probably some takedowns and wrestling instead of flashy high, axe, and middle kicks. He would probably be forced to cutt weight to lower classes.
So he would not be Cro Cop that many fans around the world like because of his attracive style and unique skills, he would be just another generic cage guy.

Different sort of MMA than UFC and cage was need for Cro Cop, MMA in the ring with Pride rules. And Cro Cop could have still redeemed everything with better and smarter preparations in rematches with Fedor and Nogueira that would have happened in 2007 if Pride continued normally for some time longer.

No. Because Pride went under at the worst time, when he was supposed to rematch Fedor, who would have obligation in Pride to fight him again. He was not lucky enough to have his entire career in the ring. And he was also no allowed to compete at K-1 at the time when Bonjasky and Musasi were in final 2 years in the row.

Even if Mirko have trained at AKA, been roomate with Cormier and eat kebabs with Khabib, nothing would have helped him enough in such hostile rules and such big round space with wire like cage.
Cro Cop simply could not use his best skills in cage that turns MMA fight into wrestling match on the wire, and where opponents can make wide criclings away from his left leg and arm all the time. He would have to completely change his style to fence clincher, and spend his energy on walling, probably some takedowns and wrestling instead of flashy high, axe, and middle kicks. He would probably be forced to cutt weight to lower classes.
So he would not be Cro Cop that many fans around the world like because of his attracive style and unique skills, he would be just another generic cage guy.

Different sort of MMA than UFC and cage was need for Cro Cop, MMA in the ring with Pride rules. And Cro Cop could have still redeemed everything with better and smarter preparations in rematches with Fedor and Nogueira that would have happened in 2007 if Pride continued normally for some time longer.

I think the biggest issue personally was simply that Mirko's heart wasnt in fighting in the UFC, you read his interviews around that time and its pretty clear the Fedor rematch was what he wanted. That is I suspect part of the reason he was badly preped and unmotivated for the UFC.

Honestly I think most of the Pride big names made an error signing with the UFC they way they did, I'm guessing they thought they were the only game in town when in reality their was more money to be earnt as a free agent in the late 00's. I'm guessing its posssible Fedor/Crocop 2 could have happened on NYE 2007 in Japan or maybe even as a US PPV that year?

man, watching pride feels like sports world championship, olympics or something, ufc is so different..

i think cro cop just rushed it too much when fedor was walking on ice, taking the risk of a highkick too early, i think, if he would have taken his time just a little bit more, he could have easily ko'd fedor a few minutes later, just punch him up a little bit more like wanderlei, patience always wins
wasn't this the only time fedor took his wife with him? she probably put some magic spell on cro cop.
but jokes aside, in his first fight with barnett he did exactly the same mistake also, rushing the highkick, got taken down right away and escaped the fight very very luckily, imagine what barnett would have done with him on the ground....cro cop was warned by god, but he didn't listen............even before he was taken down by fedor, he tried to rush a some crazy highkick when fedor fell out of the ring, so he was warned multiple times, just didn't listen, he timed his death blow wrong and fedor did smart things on the ground, making him tired.

Absolutely. GSP had the humility to learn kicks from Joe Rogan. I can imagine Crocop’s reaction if he was in a similar situation.

I was a moderator at Crocop’s now defunct NOKAUT forum for years, i had a good relationship with Slaven Vujic who was his official merchandiser from 2003-2007 and the forum’s owner, so i had first hand info of his preparations for a long time. Basically from his K-1 days right up to his loss to Cheick Kongo.

Crocop got me into kickboxing then MMA. I love the guy. He just never reached his potential because he never wanted to get out of his comfort zone.

Interesting! Yeah to most of us, I think that was most evident when it was revealed he refused to train in a cage for the UFC. People thought he wasn't taking it seriously enough.

Interesting! Yeah to most of us, I think that was most evident when it was revealed he refused to train in a cage for the UFC. People thought he wasn't taking it seriously enough.

Part of it was injury, he broke his shin LHKing Wanderlei(why he mostly boxed against Barnett in the final) and didnt get back to training until quite soon before his UFC debut.

I still have my old Nokaut shirt. Man those were the days. Fortunal lol

It was awesome back in 2003 to 2006.

Great memories. Was a moderator too. We hated Sherdog haha

Following those play by plays, having insider infos from Mirko's camp, for example that one time he forgot his short before the Barnett fight haha

How time passes ... I finally met Slaven in 2013 around the K1 WGP ring.

i remember them talking about going to japan early to avoid having any issues with jetlag...

and now they're saying that was a mistake, lol. they said the same shit after the fight as well, and it's ridiculous.

it would've made some sense if it was the other way around, or they only added a single day or something... but 10 days? get the fuck out of here.

man, watching pride feels like sports world championship, olympics or something, ufc is so different..

i think cro cop just rushed it too much when fedor was walking on ice, taking the risk of a highkick too early, i think, if he would have taken his time just a little bit more, he could have easily ko'd fedor a few minutes later, just punch him up a little bit more like wanderlei, patience always wins
wasn't this the only time fedor took his wife with him? she probably put some magic spell on cro cop.
but jokes aside, in his first fight with barnett he did exactly the same mistake also, rushing the highkick, got taken down right away and escaped the fight very very luckily, imagine what barnett would have done with him on the ground....cro cop was warned by god, but he didn't listen............even before he was taken down by fedor, he tried to rush a some crazy highkick when fedor fell out of the ring, so he was warned multiple times, just didn't listen, he timed his death blow wrong and fedor did smart things on the ground, making him tired.
He panicked. When he stunned Fedor he rushed him and that's when Fedor fired back with a humongous overhand. When that happened mirko panicked. He wasnt expecting Fedor to fire back like that and nearly got caught,so he threw a kick when he was off balance,then sort of tripped into trying to take Fedor down and Fedor reversed it.mirko ceases being dangerous from that point on. Fedor had his way with him on the feet and on the ground. Fedors hands may have been broken but he did what he could,pushing. the air our of mirko lungs,making him work,advancing positions,making mirko try to get the guard back.

Back