Cro Cop's team member on Fedor fight:One significant mistake was made

Dont even bother addressing these coward trolls.

"Waaah one hw was heavier than the one I picked to win its soooooo unfaaaaaair"

"If the fight was in Croatia and Fedor was shot by a gun,mirko would have won cos hes the better fighter"

LOL, yet Cro Cop had no problems with a 30lb heavier Josh Barnett on 2 occasions. Fedor was just the better fighter.

The problem with Mirko has always been that he’s insufferably arrogant. He was a guest on this same show twice and when ask about the quality of his coaches, he said that he never had a coach, only pad holders. That there’s nothing anyone can teach him. The host asked him about Stipe Drvis, his boxing coach, a former WBA LHW World champion. Mirko laughed at him and said, Stipe?!? you really think he can teach me anything?

Mirko never listened to advice, for example, in the Magomedov fight, this guest, Vlado Bozic, continually repeated “circle to your right” for the entire duration of the fight yet Mirko continued to circle left into the power right hand of Magomedov. Countless examples like that.

Never went to a training camp instead he created training camps by inviting people into his home gym. He personally picked his sparring partners, etc...

The guy had all the tools in the World but he was never humble enough to continue to learn and improve.

I don't think this is entirely true. It was a different time back then, there really weren't any top European gyms that Cro Cop could have trained at. Plus, he trained in Croatia. You can count on one hand the amount of top Croatian fighters there are in MMA history. And he was the first all-time great one, so really not much he could have done unless he left Croatia to train somewhere else. Not sure how that makes him arrogant, hindsight's 20/20, every fighter would be better if they went to a top gym.

You're also probably misinterpreting the context of the Drvis thing, pretty sure he's one of Cro Cop's best friends and he was not being entirely serious lol, sure he may have said it in a serious tone but... yeah.

He came into MMA at a weird time where everybody was still sort of learning on the spot. He didn't train in a cage before he got into the UFC, then he's like oh shit I probably need to start training in a cage because this shit is different. These are things most fighters today don't have to worry about.

And the last line doesn't really make sense because he came into MMA as a pure kickboxer, literally straight out of K1, learning on the spot more often than not... I'm not sure how you couldn't see tons of improvements when it comes to his overall striking arsenal and other aspects of MMA over the years.

EDIT: It's Cro Cop's birthday today. Happy birthday to the legend, gets way too much disrespect on this forum.

Last edited:
It was a great fight, one of the big reasons fedor won was was his ability to check cc's kicks, he checked a few of them early and that seemed to throw cc off his normal game. Cc did more damage overall and wobbled fedor with a lhk and a few left hands but fedor's pressure was too much. Cc did look like he gassed after about 10 minutes, but hard to say thats jet lag related. Great fight but the better fighter won that night.

Fedor stood with Mirko for about half the fight, and landed the better shots overall.

GSP would have shot a double off the rip and landed short body punches for the entire fight.
Half? Jesus Christ go back and watch it. No that’s not even remotely correct. It’s funny to me because huge fans of pride talk about this fight all the time. But when they describe it they never describe it correctly. As if they had their eyes closed.

I'm using the logic of people that say that Derrick Lewis is a worse fighter than Izzy. Even though Lewis would knock Izzy the fuck out.

I'm a fan of both too. But Fedor had tools, such as a size advantage, that Cro Cop did not have. But if Cro Cop those tools instead of Fedor, Cro Cop would have won. So, Cro Cop is the better fighter.

Solid contender for worst poster in sherdog, not trolling

I'm using the logic of people that say that Derrick Lewis is a worse fighter than Izzy. Even though Lewis would knock Izzy the fuck out.

I'm a fan of both too. But Fedor had tools, such as a size advantage, that Cro Cop did not have. But if Cro Cop those tools instead of Fedor, Cro Cop would have won. So, Cro Cop is the better fighter.
I see your point and I am not actually even arguing. But also worth noting is that Cro Cop is taller and has less body fat - I'd take that over the slight weight advantage that Fedor had only due to higher body fat percentage. I'd kinda say that Cro Cop is a better fighter under certain rules but the less rules there is, the more likely Fedor will maul you with whatever he can. Kickboxing match would not even be close.

Thought he was going to say they signed the contract.

I see your point and I am not actually even arguing. But also worth noting is that Cro Cop is taller and has less body fat - I'd take that over the slight weight advantage that Fedor had only due to higher body fat percentage. I'd kinda say that Cro Cop is a better fighter under certain rules but the less rules there is, the more likely Fedor will maul you with whatever he can. Kickboxing match would not even be close.
Maybe. But imagine groin kicks from Cro Cop.

I don't think this is entirely true. It was a different time back then, there really weren't any top European gyms that Cro Cop could have trained at. Plus, he trained in Croatia. You can count on one hand the amount of top Croatian fighters there are in MMA history. And he was the first all-time great one, so really not much he could have done unless he left Croatia to train somewhere else. Not sure how that makes him arrogant, hindsight's 20/20, every fighter would be better if they went to a top gym.

You're also probably misinterpreting the context of the Drvis thing, pretty sure he's one of Cro Cop's best friends and he was not being entirely serious lol, sure he may have said it in a serious tone but... yeah.

He came into MMA at a weird time where everybody was still sort of learning on the spot. He didn't train in a cage before he got into the UFC, then he's like oh shit I probably need to start training in a cage because this shit is different. These are things most fighters today don't have to worry about.

And the last line doesn't really make sense because he came into MMA as a pure kickboxer, literally straight out of K1, learning on the spot more often than not... I'm not sure how you couldn't see tons of improvements when it comes to his overall striking arsenal and other aspects of MMA over the years.

EDIT: It's Cro Cop's birthday today. Happy birthday to the legend, gets way too much disrespect on this forum.

Crocop trained sub grappling with Werdum and was able to totally nullify Colemans wrestling, the only fighter ever to avoid being taken down down by Mark until Randy when Coleman was a shell.

Last edited:
Mirko's good friend and part of coaching staff talked recently about fighting Fedor in our podcast winch Mirko himself attended many times.

-What mistake was done,usually if the fight was on Saturday we would fly to Japan on Thursday,you get there in the morning and you can normally sleep through all day if you want to and be easily awake during the night and you can do that those few days and it doesn't affect you at all,you sleep during the day and come to fight just fine.
-Than,team changed that even though i was against that and so we came too early like 10 days before the fight. Mirko was like a rocekt,in great shape but i believe he fell apart few days before the fight,jet lag crushed him.It's one of those little things that make the difference.
-Fedor prepared for Mirko for a long time,a year at least and probably more.He was going to Amsterdam to work on his striking,perfecting blocks etc. and maybe Mirko underestimated him a little bit back then as much as this now sounds cocky.

Thoughts?

Great fight but this seems like a really stupid excuse.

He lost because instead of having 2 days to acclimate to the time change (the first 2 days are the days you're most effected by jet lag as far as I know) he had 10 days and was fully adjusted by the time of the fight? Lol.

That makes no sense and really shouldn't even have been put out there 15 years later, comes off as petty.

Fedor wasn't a better fighter, just a bigger one. He outweighed Cro Cop by 15 lbs. If Cro Cop outweighed Fedor by 15 lbs, Cro Cop would have won. Fedor might win, but Cro Cop is the better fighter.
Lol. Fedor beat Mirco in his own strength where on paper Crocop had a massive advantage and had that not worked had a plan b and c to fall back on in areas he had almost as big an advantage on paper as Crocop did on the feet......

Are you sure about that "Crocop is a better fighter" assessment of yours dude cause the reality of the situation strongly suggests otherwise.

Back