Cro Cop's team member on Fedor fight:One significant mistake was made

Cro-Cop and his team are lucky Fedor had a broken hand for the fight or there was a good chance Mirko doesn't make it out of the first like the other 27 times a fighter that took on Fedor didn't.

What mistake? He rocked Fedor on the feet and lost a decision after Fedor laid on him the rest of the fight.

Pretty Much..

Fedor was the better man that day, no excuses needed. One of the best fights of all time. Props to these two warriors for the show they put on.

When is the last time you actually watched that fight?

That's a pretty unfair summary of that fight, but whatever makes you happy.

Fedor got his nose busted up, and a black eye.. Then he took it down.. That was the fight..

GSP like fight plan for Fedor..

Am I rite?

I was a running back for many years and didn't find weight to be a huge factor and I wrestled for 10 years (among other things like Judo/boxing etc) and it's a giant factor. In wrestling it's huge carrying someone's weight it's extremely taxing trying to control someone bigger. In boxing the power is just a huge difference. It's all so much different than tackling someone. As far as that fight, it was at HW which makes the weight much less of a difference, only 8 lb difference which probably helped a tad but I doubt really changed the fight given each others skill set so I agree with you on that. As far as weight not making a difference, I found your post laughable especially the part where you questioned the person about whether they have experience hahaha. "fuck weight" lmao, oh man. You have clearly never wrestled or done any sort of combat sport.
Yeah im a 175 lb brown belt. 47 years old. Gi. Used to train with this 19 year old real good ex high school wreslter. He was a white belt. 285. Bit fat but solid and agile. Had the hardest time submitting him after a few months but i could still do it. Just tough and strong and heavy and knew how to put his weight on me and after awhile i couldnt sweep him. He once passed my guard by just gorilla throwing it to side. In a street fight he may have very well kicked my ass. He couldnt submit me but honesty if he kept training it would have been matter of time till he got me in something. That said, my instructor, 165 lbs of solid muscle who does heavy weights, used to be a top break dancer and did gymnastics and is superhumanly strong used to tool the kid gi or no gi. Like bad . Like big brother make the kid cry bad. But im not nearly as strong or technical as my instructor. Weight fucking matters lol.

I was a running back for many years and didn't find weight to be a huge factor and I wrestled for 10 years (among other things like Judo/boxing etc) and it's a giant factor. In wrestling it's huge carrying someone's weight it's extremely taxing trying to control someone bigger. In boxing the power is just a huge difference. It's all so much different than tackling someone. As far as that fight, it was at HW which makes the weight much less of a difference, only 8 lb difference which probably helped a tad but I doubt really changed the fight given each others skill set so I agree with you on that. As far as weight not making a difference, I found your post laughable especially the part where you questioned the person about whether they have experience hahaha. "fuck weight" lmao, oh man. You have clearly never wrestled or done any sort of combat sport.
You couldn’t be farther from the truth
I’ve trained martial arts for 26 years dumbass
Started 14
Im 40 now
It’s you who thinks you win because you’re a bit heavier
Yes a bit
Not even 10 kilos
It’s laughable how much of a pussy you are and you don’t even realize it

Crocop would slap the shit outta some kid who said that Fedor only won cos of 8 lbs lol

Almost like MMA and rugby are 2 different sports.

If you knew what rugby is you would know there’s a ridiculous amount of wrestling and takedowns going on

Just as in mma
(I’ve done both btw)

Except in rugby there’s no weight classes whatsoever and the smallest player HAS to be able to take down the biggest player opponent
And it so happens all the time

That’s what I mean, I’ve seen how 15 pounds mean shit
Even in boxing
Power is genetic related way more than weight related
Fighting ability is the same
Smaller guy has more cardio
Everything is a trade
So better fighter wins 15 pound difference or not

These dudes are still salty 15 years later?

Lmao Fedor whoops Mirko's ass 10/10 times, get the fuck out of here with that bullshit.

lol so true, he lost to the better man simple as that. Even after that fight Fedor has proven why he's one of the greatest in MMA.

Maybe Mirko was busy pounding them Japanese Chikas rather training.

Cro-Cop and his team are lucky Fedor had a broken hand for the fight or there was a good chance Mirko doesn't make it out of the first like the other 27 times a fighter that took on Fedor didn't.

That is the most obvious disadvantage neither fighter was at, Fedor stated he didnt have the grip strenght in that hand to go for submissions so instead focused on wearing Mirko down in guard.

Fedor wasn't a better fighter, just a bigger one. He outweighed Cro Cop by 15 lbs. If Cro Cop outweighed Fedor by 15 lbs, Cro Cop would have won. Fedor might win, but Cro Cop is the better fighter.
Not a better fighter but more technical kickboxer with good TDD. Better fighter won that night. What I mean by fighter is that he used all his tools to come out victorious. Fan of both.

Fedor got his nose busted up, and a black eye.. Then he took it down.. That was the fight..

GSP like fight plan for Fedor..

Am I rite?

Fedor stood with Mirko for about half the fight, and landed the better shots overall.

GSP would have shot a double off the rip and landed short body punches for the entire fight.

Not a better fighter but more technical kickboxer with good TDD. Better fighter won that night. What I mean by fighter is that he used all his tools to come out victorious. Fan of both.
I'm using the logic of people that say that Derrick Lewis is a worse fighter than Izzy. Even though Lewis would knock Izzy the fuck out.

I'm a fan of both too. But Fedor had tools, such as a size advantage, that Cro Cop did not have. But if Cro Cop those tools instead of Fedor, Cro Cop would have won. So, Cro Cop is the better fighter.

View attachment 797728

The most impressive stat from the fight is Fedor's incredible 80% sig.strike defense against prime Mirko.
there is 0 chance those stats are close to accurate. cro-cop only landing 5 head strikes did not happen. he literally hit him at least 3 times in the one exchange that rocked fedor in the middle of the first.

Back