Cro Cop's team member on Fedor fight:One significant mistake was made

If anything I think Fedor dropped muscle mass for this fight, to my eye he looked clearly smaller than he did against say Nog in 03/04, probably to maximise speed.

This was arguebly the fight between the two fastest HW's ever(maybe prime Arlovski might have a case) so having the edge there was I think more important than power.

Clearly he dropped weight if he went from 233 kg to 105.7.

Ok let me speak on this.

Yes I do believe Fedor trained for mirko from way before they actually fought. Two of Fedor's training partners fought mirko and I think Fedor gained invaluable insight from those two fights also. However there is no law against hatching a long term plan from Mirko's side. Wether they did or didnt,that is on them. Fedor being pro active and playing the LONG GAME,in classic russian style was simply a brilliant maneuver.

No I dont think mirko underestimated Fedor.
He looked clearly nervous when the two met in the ring after mirko defeated igbrahim. So this doesnt suggest that mirko took him lightly at all. This was the fight of his life. Years in the making.

The jet lag story just doesnt make much sense. He had been in japan a million times. This just seems like a coach trying to cover for his man.

Fedor was too good, too fast, too tough and too prepared for Mirko. No need to make excuses.

FreshSlightImpala-size_restricted.gif
giphy.gif
G4wiKEj.gif
AmbitiousPerfumedCrocodileskink-size_restricted.gif

Crocop's always been my favorite fighter of all time, but for this guy to state that Fedor was way more prepared is a pile of crap. Crocop was the one that called Fedor out. Keep in mind that Crocop was a way more active fighter, especially at that time. That's as lame as people using Conor's performance against Khabib as boozing, not taking him seriously, etc. You get in that ring/cage, you know what you're in for - especially for a title fight. This guy should've never spoke on this fight, laying out excuses. It's the best fight of all time, regardless of the results.

Look at 1:51 for the call-out. Sorry, I don't know how to timestamp on my phone.

Is the footage sped up at 4:03 or so? That's insane hand speed for a HW.

Wanderlei was able to pressure him the first fight but he packed on too much muscle for the OWGP and lost his speed advantage.

In the first fight Mirko wasnt really MMA adapted though, his takedown defence wasnt there.

Reactions: HHJ
In the first fight Mirko wasnt really MMA adapted though, his takedown defence wasnt there.
True but Wanderlei was faster than Cro Cop the first time too. He lost a bunch of speed when he bulked up.

Why are we rehashing that fight? Fedor was the goat and wasn’t going to be beat by cro cop. Also, this isn’t ufc talk

Fedor wasn't a better fighter, just a bigger one. He outweighed Cro Cop by 15 lbs. If Cro Cop outweighed Fedor by 15 lbs, Cro Cop would have won. Fedor might win, but Cro Cop is the better fighter.

LOL.

Fedor haters are legitimately retarded.

You'll find that Japan weighs things in "kg". They don't show dewey decimals either. So Fedor weighed 8.5 KG more, and there are 2 KG in 1 pound. 8.5 * 2 = 17 lb weight advantage for Fedor in this fight.

This is the stupidest post I have seen in a long time.

LOL. Why don't you go figure out the difference between KG and LB before posting again.

This obsession with weight is so stupid
I played rugby for 15 years and guess what, I saw first hand that 15 pounds difference is nothing
Im 5’11 and had to tackle guys 6’6 at full speed
You either do it or don’t, fuck weight

It’s as wrong as the conception that bigger muscles make you a better fighter

Do you have any experience on what you’re saying? I’d love to hear why you think 15 pounds is the reason Fedor won but he’s not the better fighter

I was a running back for many years and didn't find weight to be a huge factor and I wrestled for 10 years (among other things like Judo/boxing etc) and it's a giant factor. In wrestling it's huge carrying someone's weight it's extremely taxing trying to control someone bigger. In boxing the power is just a huge difference. It's all so much different than tackling someone. As far as that fight, it was at HW which makes the weight much less of a difference, only 8 lb difference which probably helped a tad but I doubt really changed the fight given each others skill set so I agree with you on that. As far as weight not making a difference, I found your post laughable especially the part where you questioned the person about whether they have experience hahaha. "fuck weight" lmao, oh man. You have clearly never wrestled or done any sort of combat sport.

Mma fans have really become pussies when they talk about "weight bullying" and crying about 8 fucking lbs. There isnt even a hw weight limit in pride,but 8lbs is an issue lol

Crocops mistake was being one dimensional and limited in MMA, cant be elite when all you have is a decent kicking game. Thats why he lost to fedor and why he got put down hard vs next generation fighters.

Was a great fight and I don’t care who won either way, but I travel a lot and jetlag hits me for a day or two, I’ll be fine for a week or so and 10-14 days into it, get hit again for about a week.

CroCop must’ve borrowed Werdum’s Big Brazilian Book of Excuses while they trained together, I like me some vintage CroCop but that’s a pretty weak reason. I’ve actually done the Trans-Pacific trip from the East coast about 25 times over the years, the jet lag would get me for a few days (roughly a 12 hour time flip). In 2005 I actually did the back and forth trip 5 times in one year without having much issue (I was in my early 30’s) The older I got the longer the lag lasts, especially on the backside when getting home, our last trip to Thailand was in 2018 and my sleeping pattern was jacked for weeks. Mirko lost because Fedor was the better man on the 28th of August 2005, I’d actually prefer an injury excuse than jet lag.
Do you see Cro Cop talking here??
None of the words i wrote here are his.So ease up with some attacks about his excuses when he didn't make it.

Crocop's always been my favorite fighter of all time, but for this guy to state that Fedor was way more prepared is a pile of crap. Crocop was the one that called Fedor out. Keep in mind that Crocop was a way more active fighter, especially at that time. That's as lame as people using Conor's performance against Khabib as boozing, not taking him seriously, etc. You get in that ring/cage, you know what you're in for - especially for a title fight. This guy should've never spoke on this fight, laying out excuses. It's the best fight of all time, regardless of the results.

Look at 1:51 for the call-out. Sorry, I don't know how to timestamp on my phone.

Everything aside but..
Who is he(or any fighter) supposed to call out if not champion??
<{vega}>

I think the big issue cardio wise personally was simply that Fedor pushed Mirko hard, had him backing up constantly then on the ground he was stacking him up making him expend energy with that defensive guard.
Exactly

Everything aside but..
Who is he(or any fighter) supposed to call out if not champion??
<{vega}>

Usually when fighters call out the champ, they feel they're ready. Yet, this guy's making a laundry-list of excuses of why Crocop lost instead of simply because Fedor was king for a reason.

Back