Cro Cop's team member on Fedor fight:One significant mistake was made

Man, that 10 minutes first round was intense.

Like Gods clashing in the sky!

The ONLY weapon that worked for Mirko was the straight left.

I believe he broke Fedor's nose with it early on.

Fedor shut down Mirko's kicks by walking him down and using that awesome blocking technique. Other times, Fedor kicked when Mirko kicked.

FLAWLESS strategy by the GOAT.
cd48b7afef3755a34ad60d4b6b80e19f.jpg

CroCop must’ve borrowed Werdum’s Big Brazilian Book of Excuses while they trained together, I like me some vintage CroCop but that’s a pretty weak reason. I’ve actually done the Trans-Pacific trip from the East coast about 25 times over the years, the jet lag would get me for a few days (roughly a 12 hour time flip). In 2005 I actually did the back and forth trip 5 times in one year without having much issue (I was in my early 30’s) The older I got the longer the lag lasts, especially on the backside when getting home, our last trip to Thailand was in 2018 and my sleeping pattern was jacked for weeks. Mirko lost because Fedor was the better man on the 28th of August 2005, I’d actually prefer an injury excuse than jet lag.

TIL that jetlag is a weeks-long ailment lmao

This was the only fight in Mirko's carreer where he felt anxiety. Anxiety led him to a high heart rate and he gassed quickly. Jet lag management fail also amplified this.

Mirko was mentally stressed because of how big this fight was. This was, and still is, the biggest fight in HW History. I think it was too big to handle mentally for Mirko.

Then came the OWGP when he had that ''all in'' attitude. He went there with the idea of retiring if he fails.

You'll find that Japan weighs things in "kg". They don't show dewey decimals either. So Fedor weighed 8.5 KG more, and there are 2 KG in 1 pound. 8.5 * 2 = 17 lb weight advantage for Fedor in this fight.
Huh? It clearly says lbs both on tapology and during the fight intro. Fedor was around 105 kg and Cro Cop 102 kg.

I have experienced that jet-lag (France and Croatia are on the same time zone) to Japan, it sucks but I don't see why it would have suddenly came back and hurt Mirko after being already in Japan for a few days.
Aye. Jet-lag hitting after over a week of settling-in seems like a streeeeeetch.

That's a creative excuse I haven't heard of yet.

Back