Cro Cop's team member on Fedor fight:One significant mistake was made

I think you misunderstood this a bit.
Not underestimating Fedor as fighter and his skills but can he take those deadly kicks.Back then nobody was surviving Mirko's kicks and it was a fair assumption that if Fedor takes it clean he won't survive either.He probably came thinking that once he landa the head kick its over.But he didn't land it clean and so Fedor was mostly fine and didn't allow it to happen again.

I feel like this is a bit exaggerated. Surely Mirko had a deadly left high kick - but it's not like he finished every fight by throwing it. I'm sure that Mirko was confident in that particular weapon, as I'm sure he wasn't confident it was gonna land against Fedor.

Yet Mirko fought Wanderlei ( a big mw) in his prime subject to the condition that if there is no KO then it would be declared a draw . Had that not been the case Wanderlei would have won. Crocop was always a diva.
Dont even bother addressing these coward trolls.

"Waaah one hw was heavier than the one I picked to win its soooooo unfaaaaaair"

"If the fight was in Croatia and Fedor was shot by a gun,mirko would have won cos hes the better fighter"

Fedor's hand was messed up going into the Mirko fight, so I guess it evens out?

I feel like this is a bit exaggerated. Surely Mirko had a deadly left high kick - but it's not like he finished every fight by throwing it. I'm sure that Mirko was confident in that particular weapon, as I'm sure he wasn't confident it was gonna land against Fedor.
If memory serves me well,before Mirko fought Fedor,only guy who took his head kick and lived to tell about it was Nog and he had inhuman chin back then.Everyone else were either KO'd or got stunned enough for Mirko to finish the job with follow up shots.
lm almost sure if anything surprised Mirko in fight was how good he was prepared for striking battle and how he dealt with biggest threats.2 years of training specifically for one fight will do that.

If memory serves me well,before Mirko fought Fedor,only guy who took his head kick and lived to tell about it was Nog and he had inhuman chin back then.Everyone else were either KO'd or got stunned enough for Mirko to finish the job with follow up shots.
lm almost sure if anything surprised Mirko in fight was how good he was prepared for striking battle and how he dealt with biggest threats.2 years of training specifically for one fight will do that.

Sure, if the left high kick landed perfectly, that was a pretty deadly weapon. As I said. As I also said, it didn't exactly land perfectly in every single fight, obviosusly. As most fighter's most deadly weapon doesn't work in every single fight. Oftentimes cuz the opponent is prepared.

What's most funny about this thread is that some people are almost trying to make it look like Cro Cop was at an unfair disadvantage cuz Fedor had the nerve to ... prepare for the fight.

Last edited:
The problem with Mirko has always been that he’s insufferably arrogant. He was a guest on this same show twice and when ask about the quality of his coaches, he said that he never had a coach, only pad holders. That there’s nothing anyone can teach him. The host asked him about Stipe Drvis, his boxing coach, a former WBA LHW World champion. Mirko laughed at him and said, Stipe?!? you really think he can teach me anything?

Mirko never listened to advice, for example, in the Magomedov fight, this guest, Vlado Bozic, continually repeated “circle to your right” for the entire duration of the fight yet Mirko continued to circle left into the power right hand of Magomedov. Countless examples like that.

Never went to a training camp instead he created training camps by inviting people into his home gym. He personally picked his sparring partners, etc...

The guy had all the tools in the World but he was never humble enough to continue to learn and improve.

What's most funny about this thread is that some people are almost trying to make it look like Cro Cop was at an unfair disadvantage cuz Fedor had the nerve to ... prepare for the fight.
Meh..pointless.
Fedor is better and that's it.Won fair.
Now do i think in rematch Cro Cop would do better?For sure,as he's shown many times he is better in rematches.
Would he win,who knows. That question unfortunately will remain a mystery.

The problem with Mirko has always been that he’s insufferably arrogant. He was a guest on this same show twice and when ask about the quality of his coaches, he said that he never had a coach, only pad holders. That there’s nothing anyone can teach him. The host asked him about Stipe Drvis, his boxing coach, a former WBA LHW World champion. Mirko laughed at him and said, Stipe?!? you really think he can teach me anything?

Mirko never listened to advice, for example, in the Magomedov fight, this guest, Vlado Bozic, continually repeated “circle to your right” for the entire duration of the fight yet Mirko continued to circle left into the power right hand of Magomedov. Countless examples like that.

Never went to a training camp instead he created training camps by inviting people into his home gym. He personally picked his sparring partners, etc...

The guy had all the tools in the World but he was never humble enough to continue to learn and improve.
You said some truth
But he was humble plenty of times and gave huge respect to guys.Big Nog,Werdum,Fedor etc
Not too long ago watched him saying how he improved his boxing a lot with Stipe Drviš as you mentioned him,so he gives credit.He jokes a lot often too everyone knows that.
As for training "camps" and working out of his basement,true.He could have done a lot more with real camps in USA.

Fedor wasn't a better fighter, just a bigger one. He outweighed Cro Cop by 15 lbs. If Cro Cop outweighed Fedor by 15 lbs, Cro Cop would have won. Fedor might win, but Cro Cop is the better fighter.
This obsession with weight is so stupid
I played rugby for 15 years and guess what, I saw first hand that 15 pounds difference is nothing
Im 5’11 and had to tackle guys 6’6 at full speed
You either do it or don’t, fuck weight

It’s as wrong as the conception that bigger muscles make you a better fighter

Do you have any experience on what you’re saying? I’d love to hear why you think 15 pounds is the reason Fedor won but he’s not the better fighter

Some of you divas take things too literally or personally for some odd reason. The guy is likely just reflecting on things he believes had an impact, and is giving his opinion.

Helax

Mirko's good friend and part of coaching staff talked recently about fighting Fedor in our podcast winch Mirko himself attended many times.

-What mistake was done,usually if the fight was on Saturday we would fly to Japan on Thursday,you get there in the morning and you can normally sleep through all day if you want to and be easily awake during the night and you can do that those few days and it doesn't affect you at all,you sleep during the day and come to fight just fine.
-Than,team changed that even though i was against that and so we came too early like 10 days before the fight. Mirko was like a rocekt,in great shape but i believe he fell apart few days before the fight,jet lag crushed him.It's one of those little things that make the difference.
-Fedor prepared for Mirko for a long time,a year at least and probably more.He was going to Amsterdam to work on his striking,perfecting blocks etc. and maybe Mirko underestimated him a little bit back then as much as this now sounds cocky.

Thoughts?

Except that no one has jet lag ten days after changing time zones.

Mirko's good friend and part of coaching staff talked recently about fighting Fedor in our podcast winch Mirko himself attended many times.

-What mistake was done,usually if the fight was on Saturday we would fly to Japan on Thursday,you get there in the morning and you can normally sleep through all day if you want to and be easily awake during the night and you can do that those few days and it doesn't affect you at all,you sleep during the day and come to fight just fine.
-Than,team changed that even though i was against that and so we came too early like 10 days before the fight. Mirko was like a rocekt,in great shape but i believe he fell apart few days before the fight,jet lag crushed him.It's one of those little things that make the difference.
-Fedor prepared for Mirko for a long time,a year at least and probably more.He was going to Amsterdam to work on his striking,perfecting blocks etc. and maybe Mirko underestimated him a little bit back then as much as this now sounds cocky.

Thoughts?

It was a great fight and a valiant effort by Crocop. In hindsight, I'm not sure what more Crocop could've done in the fight to be better prepared. Fedor was on the move circling away from his power and (more or less) won the fight everywhere. It is what I consider to be the best build up to a heavyweight fight among the #1 and #2 heavyweights likely of the sport's history. Though my nostalgia bias may be showing. I can't lie and act as if I saw it live though -- though I didn't know the result when watching the fight for the first time, I watched it long after it had occurred.

Some of you divas take things too literally or personally for some odd reason. The guy is likely just reflecting on things he believes had an impact, and is giving his opinion.

Helax

The guy is literally being delusional. Why wouldn't we comment on that? I don't see anyone in this thread being too offensive.

Reactions: HHJ
Back