Cro Cop when he was 14

Jesus, at that age his pubes wouldn't have yet kicked in and started producing testosterone.

It's Cro Cop. At 14 he was already paying child support.

Sherdog protip: use @ in front of someone's name. Like this: @Diggem

Also, you'll note that I never once refuted that he was suspended or that he cheated. Please read my posts before responding to them. I know you're trolling and all, but you can do better. I believe in you, Diggem.

Nothing to troll about. Crocop is a cheater and that is fact.

"I'm taking hold of every moment"
Every moment..

"Given strength by the breath of life"
Breath of life..

"I'm going to stake my claim"
"I fight to survive!"

tumblr_mkfr0nU5dg1rxyvj1o1_400.gif

Not giving him a pass at all, actually. He admitted it before the results came back, rather than a wait-and-see approach. I respect that more than the excuse makers.

I actually *do* know my facts, and everything I said was factually correct, whereas your post was not.

Have a nice day :)

I've said this before, but being from Croatia myself I really dislike some stupid shit Mirko had said during his career but he's generally a nice guy. However, this stuff has to be put into right context. He's no spring chicken and he got desperate. He knew that USADA normally allows people to take therapeutic doses of HGH with proper doctor documentation, but that is a process he had no time for. He's getting older and he was desperate to heal his shoulder so he could actually show up for the fight, because at his age another 6 or more months of pause were in his mind not an option. I don't know if you know this, but in the past he showed up for the fights injured, just so he doesn't back down on his word.

He tried cryotherapy, all sorts of massages, I believe he also tried regenokine and as a last desperate attempt they tried to combine blood plasma with therapeutic doses of HGH. He immediately regretted it and notified the UFC, they said it's no problem bla bla bla, but he should write it in an e-mail to the UFC. So he did(and he could have easily said later that this mail was written by the administrators that run his homepage, which is true, but he didn't), and his e-mail was forwarded by the UFC guy to USADA.

Then USADA gave him a suspension and they delayed his test results endlessly until it was too late for him to appeal, then they gave him the negative test results and he couldn't appeal to his suspension no more. Also, they told him that if he snitches on other fighters that take peds, they'll shorten his suspension. I dislike(d) a lot of stuff about him throughout his career, but the guy never ever seemed juiced. When he was a young man, he fought as a young man. When he got older, he fought like an older guy and also fear crept into him to pull the trigger in many fights he could have had, and people on gear usually don't have a problem with that, because they feel invincible.

Where there is money, there is always corruption. I like that USADA is involved in the sport, but you can clearly see they're not even close to being honest and legit. They will never ever admit any of their tests were wrong, so even if the fighter is 100% innocent, they'll suspend him or her. Also, this whole thing with Brock Lesnar is a joke too. Only a moron can think that Brock didn't know about fighting at UFC 200 at least a few months in advance and the fact that they gave this guy an exemption and miraculously delayed his test results till after the fight is just plain ridiculous, because by then UFC already made their money.

It doesn't even really matter what Mirko had said, he could have said that he was juicing for 6 months straight and was on all the gear known to man, but the man is not under any fucking oath, so he can say whatever he wants. THEIR own tests came out negative, so the discussion should end there.

I've said this before, but being from Croatia myself I really dislike some stupid shit Mirko had said during his career but he's generally a nice guy. However, this stuff has to be put into right context. He's no spring chicken and he got desperate. He knew that USADA normally allows people to take therapeutic doses of HGH with proper doctor documentation, but that is a process he had no time for. He's getting older and he was desperate to heal his shoulder so he could actually show up for the fight, because at his age another 6 or more months of pause were in his mind not an option. I don't know if you know this, but in the past he showed up for the fights injured, just so he doesn't back down on his word.

He tried cryotherapy, all sorts of massages, I believe he also tried regenokine and as a last desperate attempt they tried to combine blood plasma with therapeutic doses of HGH. He immediately regretted it and notified the UFC, they said it's no problem bla bla bla, but he should write it in an e-mail to the UFC. So he did(and he could have easily said later that this mail was written by the administrators that run his homepage, which is true, but he didn't), and his e-mail was forwarded by the UFC guy to USADA.

Then USADA gave him a suspension and they delayed his test results endlessly until it was too late for him to appeal, then they gave him the negative test results and he couldn't appeal to his suspension no more. Also, they told him that if he snitches on other fighters that take peds, they'll shorten his suspension. I dislike(d) a lot of stuff about him throughout his career, but the guy never ever seemed juiced. When he was a young man, he fought as a young man. When he got older, he fought like an older guy and also fear crept into him to pull the trigger in many fights he could have had, and people on gear usually don't have a problem with that, because they feel invincible.

Where there is money, there is always corruption. I like that USADA is involved in the sport, but you can clearly see they're not even close to being honest and legit. They will never ever admit any of their tests were wrong, so even if the fighter is 100% innocent, they'll suspend him or her. Also, this whole thing with Brock Lesnar is a joke too. Only a moron can think that Brock didn't know about fighting at UFC 200 at least a few months in advance and the fact that they gave this guy an exemption and miraculously delayed his test results till after the fight is just plain ridiculous, because by then UFC already made their money.

It doesn't even really matter what Mirko had said, he could have said that he was juicing for 6 months straight and was on all the gear known to man, but the man is not under any fucking oath, so he can say whatever he wants. THEIR own tests came out negative, so the discussion should end there.
I know what happened. It was a shame. I'm not judging him for it at all. But he did take a banned substance and admitted to it, and so he was suspended the same as anyone who knowingly, willfully took a banned substance. The context matters, but it doesn't affect the punishment.

I know what happened. It was a shame. I'm not judging him for it at all. But he did take a banned substance and admitted to it, and so he was suspended the same as anyone who knowingly, willfully took a banned substance. The context matters, but it doesn't affect the punishment.

Yep, I absolutely agree. He took it, he admitted it. But again, he wasn't under any oath and the constitution of pretty much any semi-democratic country in the world does not oblige you to tell the truth if you're not in court or whatever. Their own tests came out negative so just branding a guy a cheater an saying he cheated throughout his career is ridiculous and this whole HGH thing should be put in the right context of the situation.

He lies
That car was first introduced in Croatia in 2001.
He was more like 17 if you ask me

Well, it counts the same. But isn't it better that a fighter who tested negative came clean and admitted it? He didn't use the "tainted supplement" excuse and he didn't keep his mouth shut, either. He flat-out admitted it. Better than Mendes' "it was medicated skin cream!" (which isn't even available in the US) or Mir's "tainted meat" excuse. So far as I know, Cro Cop is the only one in the USADA era to actually admit to using PEDs - and he did so before the test results even came back. He's still out 2 years (as he should be) but he wasn't "caught" for it.

Yeah ok I guess he does deserve some brownie points for admitting guilt

Back