Cro Cop weighs in at KSW-51

Schaub

@PureSpectrumCBD use promo code “Schaub” 20% off
@purple
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...-stars-hit-the-scales-including-mirko-cro-cop

KSW 51 goes down Saturday, as Europe’s most successful MMA promotion heads to Zagreb, Croatia.

So when in Croatia, why not have a visit from their most famous fighter the legendary Mirko Cro Cop? The PRIDE grand prix champion was in the house for Friday’s weigh-ins at Arena Zagreb, and he even stepped up on the scale and showed off his guns.

I was worried that Mirko was going back into the sport, he was forced to retire earlier this year due to a stroke.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
A true legend right there, ladies and gentleman.

Fuck it.

He refuses to give up. If a stroke won't stop him nothing will

<{JustBleed}>

Dude didnt he have a stroke or something recently?

I pray to the JBG that we can be half as fit at age 45 as Mirko is
<CroCop1>

He’s not fighting anymore though right? Just making sure I understood correctly.

I’ll never criticize Mirko Cro Cop, but I hope to god that he’s done.

He’s not fighting anymore though right? Just making sure I understood correctly.

He's just promoting because it's in Zagreb. He's still training but he said "I can't step in the ring, the doctor said I'll be fine as long as I never get hit in the head again" thw strange part is that he said the injury stemmed from turning his head around to reverse his car.

Cro Cop is still training and working out to stay fit but he will never fight again because of a stroke he had early this year. He was having issues for a good 2-3 months before the stroke with major neck pain but he had scans done that found nothing. He fought Roy Nelson at Bellator 216 on February 16th winning by decision and then about a week or so later had the stroke.

“I had a stroke and had bleeding on the brain. I got out of the hospital today and that’s why I wanted to come here to show people I feel good, I had incredible luck with the stroke, the leak could have gone left and right. I had a vein discomfort, it burst from mechanical stimulus. This had nothing to do with fighting, just the neck was overloaded. I have to fight for my life now"

His doctors advised him to stop fighting completely because any more blows to his head could lead to another stroke which could prove to be fatal. So he did the right thing and retired. He wasn't allowed to do any training either for a few months after the stroke. However now he is back to training and light sparring. Can't do any actual physical sparring because of the chance of having another stroke. I am just glad he is OK and able to continue living a comfortable life. He has given enough to combat sports and I am just grateful I got to watch him during his career.

Was so confused off the thread title. How was CroCop fighting and I did not know about it?!?!?!

He's just promoting because it's in Zagreb. He's still training but he said "I can't step in the ring, the doctor said I'll be fine as long as I never get hit in the head again" thw strange part is that he said the injury stemmed from turning his head around to reverse his car.

Im sure the 20+ years of fighting probably has something to do with it

He retired at the perfect time, he had a great post UFC run. Would of been great to see him rematch Mir in Bellator, which he likely would have won.

Back