Cro Cop: "USADA made an ass of me"

He didnt say that, ok? I am croatian so i know what he said and thats not what he said...i hate when misinformed foreign ppl share wrong stories...
Even though CC was indeed a bit of a dick in the early days, I had a hard time believing he would engage in this kind of lowbrow trash talk. Thanks for making it clear.

Prime Crocop was such a beast. It's too bad that he failed to evolve, but that's true of many guys who had early success in MMA.
By the time he had to evovle he was already in his thirties and probably has a hundred fights total in two careers

By the time he had to evovle he was already in his thirties and probably has a hundred fights total in two careers

This is what people fail to understand. He did evolve. He was a kickboxer when he started, in the fucking 90s. Then he went to MMA as a pure kickboxer and evolved to become a good defensive wrestler and a solid grappler who could dictate where the fight took place. Then he got old.

Mirko used to be the baddest motherfucker in the land,and he went through alot of tough mental/confidence issues around the time after the gonzaga loss. Similar to what Rousey is going through now i imagine,but without the paparazzi and the media scrutiny

This is what people fail to understand. He did evolve. He was a kickboxer when he started, in the fucking 90s. Then he went to MMA as a pure kickboxer and evolved to become a good defensive wrestler and a solid grappler who could dictate where the fight took place. Then he got old.
If he had beaten Fedor in his prime (which is impossible to do) he would have aquired the sweater of absolute victory and would have still been the UFC HW champ today.

Prime Crocop was such a beast. It's too bad that he failed to evolve, but that's true of many guys who had early success in MMA.

His decline had nothing to do with evolution of the game. In fact, HW is pretty much one of the most shallow divisions in the entire sport when it used to be one of the deepest.

CC had amazing striking, footwork, speed (which is what he lost the most of). He used to mix in his hands with his leg kicks, he had incredible TDD. And honestly, his defensive grappling was always good enough to get him back to his feet. He had such power in his legs/hips that he could force scrambles and get back up. He was rarely if ever controlled on the ground for large amounts of time except for against Fedor.

His decline came because of the loss of speed and wear and tear on his body after decade long of fighting. Many of which were years in where he fought 4-6 times. That can take its toll on anyone, even if they don't get hit a lot. Training will wear you down.

His decline had nothing to do with evolution of the game. In fact, HW is pretty much one of the most shallow divisions in the entire sport when it used to be one of the deepest.

CC had amazing striking, footwork, speed (which is what he lost the most of). He used to mix in his hands with his leg kicks, he had incredible TDD. And honestly, his defensive grappling was always good enough to get him back to his feet. He had such power in his legs/hips that he could force scrambles and get back up. He was rarely if ever controlled on the ground for large amounts of time except for against Fedor.

His decline came because of the loss of speed and wear and tear on his body after decade long of fighting. Many of which were years in where he fought 4-6 times. That can take its toll on anyone, even if they don't get hit a lot. Training will wear you down.
He was controlled on the ground against Fedor because he was dead tired.....lost all of his stamina.....i think at that point he actually wanted to be on the ground because of how tired he was....after that fight Mirko realized the importance of stamina and conditioning........after that he always says that stamina is the most important thing......to this day.......Mirko has one of the best defensive ground games on the planet.......

why is there so much hate for cro cop here lmao
Because his bat shit crazy fans have been talking about this mythical creature only for him to get absolutely Thrashed in the UFC.

Because his bat shit crazy fans have been talking about this mythical creature only for him to get absolutely Thrashed in the UFC.
Somebody started watching MMA in 2010.

He should've stayed in Japan where the testing is less stringent.

Steroids literally built his career from the ground up.
This guy is definitley named Reginald and lives in his parents basement.

This guy is defintiley named Mortimer and lives in his parents basement

Somebody started watching MMA in 2010.
Or someone doesn't build into ridiculous hype of a bloke that was smashing cans with his special sauce.

Lost his big fights against the 2 beat HWs he fought.

Wins the GP and all I heard was how he was going to smash randy only to get ktfo by gonzaga lmao.

I remember watching him in pride thinking how amazing he was.

He wins the GP and signs to fight in the UFC beats Sanchez then gets smoked by Gonzaga. Never coming close again to a title.

Anderson style fall from grace. I wish his prime would have lasted a little longer.

I aint the one going into threads about fighters who were in their prime before i was born.
Good ol prime excuse, you would of been one of the tards that said he would ko randy in a round, only for him to get his shit pushed in by gonzaga.

6 months bloke went from the mythical beast of pride to out of his prime because he got head kicked.

why is there so much hate for cro cop here lmao

No more than for basically any famous fighter out there.

Well, there's the thing that Cro Cop didn't do too well in the UFC - quite the contrary - so there's that.

Edit: In some ways Cro Cop represents UFC > Pride.

Good ol prime excuse, you would of been one of the tards that said he would ko randy in a round, only for him to get his shit pushed in by gonzaga.

6 months bloke went from the mythical beast of pride to out of his prime because he got head kicked.
:: spins the propeller on Mortimers cap and sends him on his way ::

Back